You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Musashi Idea

14 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

Instead of making it a CW reward, make it a FXP reskin (permanent camo) of Yamato (maybe 150k?)

That way:

• Only T10 players get her (elite players anyways)
  • People not in a clan can get it
  • It's still something to work towards
  • Players have to have Yamato to earn it
  • Since you can change the ship models (a la Bismarck), it doesn't require a new ship

Poke holes in this, I'm sure there are plenty:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,451 posts
4,080 battles

It's not my favorite idea, but it's not bad either. I wouldn't have any serious issue with Musashi coming to the game in this form.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,227 posts
6,433 battles

Is there even an official hint or Statement that the Musashi becomes a CW reward? I mean I understand that it could make sense to think it is, but I haven't seen anything else besides this one Picture, so who knows what WG plans for Musashi (assuming that they really meant Musashi, and not just a fictional Yamato-class ship like the Kii).

[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles

I doubt it will be a yamato-B hull or a new camo.

WG wants to make some $$$$$ with this collaboration.

This means a 1.5mio FreeXP Tier10 or a T9 downgrade with same DPM of the Missouri (increased reload and lowersigma)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,730 posts
11,353 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Only T10 players get her (elite players anyways)

Bahahahahah..... ah.. good one... t10 players being elite players.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles

Why is everyone so against it being a CW reward? 

[RIPQP]
Members
89 posts
5,642 battles

Because people don't want Elite players to get it and make the game even more broken. I would prefer this it be. CW reward only because potatoes won't have a free t10 ship.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,165 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Instead of making it a CW reward, make it a FXP reskin (permanent camo) of Yamato (maybe 150k?)

That way:

• Only T10 players get her (elite players anyways)
  • People not in a clan can get it
  • It's still something to work towards
  • Players have to have Yamato to earn it
  • Since you can change the ship models (a la Bismarck), it doesn't require a new ship

Poke holes in this, I'm sure there are plenty:Smile_hiding:

Why not just make it a free xp ship? Have Musashi be in her original configuration (the Yamato in-game is her final refit version) and maybe give her a better heal (not RN BB or old Yamato super heal but better) as a reference to the beating she took IRL (she actually could have remained afloat too but her engines died preventing a beaching attempt).

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
24 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Why is everyone so against it being a CW reward? 

Not sure I am against it, but from my experiences in WoT, can understand some angst about it. a.k.a T-22 - to name but one rewards tank that threw game balance out the window.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles
3 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Not sure I am against it, but from my experiences in WoT, can understand some angst about it. a.k.a T-22 - to name but one rewards tank that threw game balance out the window.

But that was bad balancing, nothing wrong with the tank itself being a reward. The M60 and VK somethingsomething were hardly OP. If the Musashi is a Tier 10 reward for CW, It would essentially be a Yamato with less secondaries and AA. Or in other words, a slightly worse Yamato.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,715 battles

As long as they don't put it at tier 9 where it can crapon tier 7s built in [edited]1920, I could care less how it ends up being distributed.

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
15 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

But that was bad balancing, nothing wrong with the tank itself being a reward. The M60 and VK somethingsomething were hardly OP. If the Musashi is a Tier 10 reward for CW, It would essentially be a Yamato with less secondaries and AA. Or in other words, a slightly worse Yamato.

Bad Balancing, bad disjointed response to riggers across RU/EU/NA, inconsistent policies in regards to and application of them. But, like I said, I personally am not against it. So far WoWs seems to be avoiding all the issues that I have seen come and go in WoT, so I am optimistic. Just pointing out why some might be concerned.