You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlazerSparta

Musashi

126 comments in this topic

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

why not?  it's not like Yamato isn't freely available

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,587 posts
14,010 battles

We'll see.  I dig the funky alternate Kii camo scheme though.  So she is inbound real soon I guess, judging by that news release.

[CAFE]
Members
1,393 posts
10,655 battles

I would not be surprised if this was the reward for the first season of Clan Wars. Since they announced CW will be T10, it makes sense to give a T10 as a reward. 

• Cool 3

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,327 battles

As long as it stays at T10 and is super hard to get.....

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,548 battles

Have to agree with issm here. It would be really lame to have it be a T10 clan wars reward.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,390 battles

So 30-60 players would get one.  Maybe less if they gauge participation within the clan (only those who contribute so many battles/oil).

Or even worse ...  only the top player in each clan.   Hmmmm...   make my own and be a clan of one.

[O7]
6,387 posts
7,327 battles

Apparently.......

"Moreover, it is clear, that we are discussing on release the battleship Yamato's sistership in 2017. On the purpose to make a difference from Yamato, Mr Yaginuma's comment is to avoid Tier 10. They didn't give the ship's name, but there was only one sistership of Yamato, the Musashi."

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
19 minutes ago, issm said:

Has been teased by WoWS Asia.

DfA9C88.png

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/latestnews-tgs2017/

This better not be a goddamn clan reward.

I hope this is a free xp ship. Maybe in her original configuration with a better heal in reference to the beating she endured before sinking (which might of never happened had her engines not stopped working before they could beach her).

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
Just now, Zakuul said:

Apparently.......

"Moreover, it is clear, that we are discussing on release the battleship Yamato's sistership in 2017. On the purpose to make a difference from Yamato, Mr Yaginuma's comment is to avoid Tier 10. They didn't give the ship's name, but there was only one sistership of Yamato, the Musashi."

Well technically Shinano was also her half-sister but i see that they wanted to be clear on what they were saying.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,430 posts
4,060 battles

I'm hoping that the plague of Clan Reward vehicles doesn't rear its ugly head in WoWs. If it does, I would hope that it would be restricted to paper ships with no historical significance. Musashi definitely does not fit that bill.

• Cool 2

[O7]
6,387 posts
7,327 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Well technically Shinano was also her half-sister but i see that they wanted to be clear on what they were saying.

Shinano is sitting in the devs files collecting dust, they could at any point add her yes but it is definitely Musashi.

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,934 battles
4 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

Apparently.......

4 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

I hope this is a free xp ship. Maybe in her original configuration with a better heal in reference to the beating she endured before sinking (which might of never happened had her engines not stopped working before they could beach her).

Maybe a niche ship with a special earning benefit to rival Missouri?

[O7]
6,387 posts
7,327 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Maybe a niche ship with a special earning benefit to rival Missouri?

Unlikely, Musashi ought to be very hard to get due the 460mm lolpens at T9.

Top clans get her somehow? Or is it the damn rank-out 7 times reward ship.. which everyone is going to be salty about..

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,195 battles
2 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

Just to play devil's advocate and because I don't honestly know...

If Musashi were Tier 9, what Tier 7 ships could be exposed to her 460mm guns that couldn't already be lolpenned by 406mm guns common at the tier?

Even if the answer is zero, it would cause an uproar, so if they're serious about differentiating her by dropping her to Tier 9, I hope they give her MM restriction to -1/+1, so the only ships that could see her are the ones that can see Yamato anyways.

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,106 posts
6 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

Top clans get her somehow? Or is it the damn rank-out 7 times reward ship.. which everyone is going to be salty about..

If it's T9, I would guess a lower sigma...

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,106 posts
Just now, PelicanHazard said:

Just to play devil's advocate and because I don't honestly know...

If Musashi were Tier 9, what Tier 7 ships could be exposed to her 460mm guns that couldn't already be lolpenned by 406mm guns common at the tier?

Even if the answer is zero, it would cause an uproar, so if they're serious about differentiating her by dropping her to Tier 9, I hope they give her MM restriction to -1/+1, so the only ships that could see her are the ones that can see Yamato anyways.

WG has said they want to do away with preferential MM. They aren't very likely to introduce a new ship with it...

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,637 battles

"want to avoid tier 10"

"No 460's below tier 10"

Tier 11 confirmed

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles
51 minutes ago, issm said:

This better not be a goddamn clan reward.

A rare time issm and I agree so completely.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
14 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

A rare time issm and I agree so completely.

Ditto.

• Cool 1

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

Doubt it will be a clan reward battle ship, all the PVE carebears will siege WG-NA headquarters with pitchforks and torches !

TorchGang_thumb.jpg

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,221 posts

Well one thing is for sure, FLAGTGSB2017 doesn't get us a flag on the NA server.  I'd salt over it but the ocean has enough brine.  

I'd say they go all Mutsu on it - copy pasta the Yamato, nerf the gun accuracy and range a bit, give it a 1943 AA load out, drop the speed 1-2 knots, thin the armor out a bit.  Raise the citadel a bit...

Dunno, if they do go all clan on it, I have 29 slots available lol.  I just formed a clan to not waste my 30 daily oil.