You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

What is the best way to get more XP camos?

13 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,118 posts
2,507 battles

I'm out of camos that increase % of Xp earned (ocean soul, type 6, etc), whats the best way to get them right now? 

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,840 battles

Buy some of the anniversary giftboxes. I bought the six pack and got 10 special cammos in each. Ended up being 20 valentine, 10 each of hunter, wargaming anniversary,la faile paidrag, and victory salute. Besides the cammo I got signal flags and collection items. Not a bad haul for $15.

Edited by Khafni

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles

Doing missions and get the flags and maybe camo's and also with box opening go for the camoflage/flag boxes :)

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Unless they're gone from the store already, there's still a 100 pack, 25 pack or 50 pack of the sci-fi camos.  You can only buy one 100 pack, but you can buy more 25s if you want to stock up. Sci-Fi is 100% to XP and 100% to Commander XP.  The Back-to-School is still there, too, but they're just 100% Commander XP.   (Just checked still there in the store.)

Yeah, also the 2nd Anniversary Giftboxes give good camos.  The specialty flags (Wyvern, Dragon, Ouroboros, etc) are in the Yamamoto giftboxes as well.  And all the giftboxes have oil now, too.

Edited by mavfin87

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
11 hours ago, Khafni said:

Buy some of the anniversary giftboxes. I bought the six pack and got 10 special cammos in each. Ended up being 20 valentine, 10 each of hunter, wargaming anniversary,la faile paidrag, and victory salute. Besides the cammo I got signal flags and collection items. Not a bad haul for $15.

I tried 6 Yamamoto boxes and got 6 dozen of the 'special' economic flags like Ouroboros, Wyvern, Dragon, etc.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,517 battles

Best is the Sci-Fi camos for 20 cents each if you buy the 100-pack.

After that, you can buy Type 6 camouflage (+100% XP) directly in the game interface for 50 doubloons each, which is 20-25 cents apiece, depending on how many doubloons you buy at once.

If the Anniversary Containers are averaging 10 camos per box, they're not as good a deal (21-30 cents each) if you only take into account the camos. Of course, the containers have tons of other useful stuff, so they're an overall better value.

Edited by Edgecase

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Best is the Sci-Fi camos for 20 cents each if you buy the 100-pack.

After that, you can buy Type 6 camouflage (+100% XP) directly in the game interface for 50 doubloons each, which is 20-25 cents apiece, depending on how many doubloons you buy at once.

If the Anniversary Containers are averaging 10 camos per box, they're not as good a deal (21-30 cents each) if you only take into account the camos. Of course, the containers have tons of other useful stuff, so they're an overall better value.

And I have no way to quantify the value of the 'special' flags at a dozen in a Yamamato box.

[FAE]
Members
2,118 posts
2,507 battles

What about if I don't want to spend money? 

Are there no good options? I don't see any rewards from campaigns atm that give camos. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,554 posts
3,734 battles

Even if there are campaigns or missions that gives you camo, you won't be able to farm enough of it to make it worth while for the effort you put into getting them.

Last year's santa box sales have netted me more camo than I could possibly every use in any time soon. In fact I still have like over 600 camo of the new years which is not as useful compared to others, but still it would last me for a long time if I ever decide to use them.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Unfortunately, they're not going to give away huge piles of the +XP camos for nothing.  If you can't/won't spend money, you'll have to grind it out.  I don't think of WoWS as P2W, but it is definitely 'pay to advance quicker', so they're not going to give that stuff away except for special occasions.

Edited by mavfin87

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

figure holloween or christmas mission will bring more camo.  I remember farming 200+ camo from christmas  transylvannia operation.

Members
1,237 posts
20,604 battles

New Year 2017 gives a 200% increase to Free XP.

That weekend when they had the Free XP bonus I used that camo and the Free XP flags and really put myself over the top for the Missouri. 

I now have it and it's awesome.

I don't know where to get that camo at all.

I know it gives no other bonuses, but darn...especially if they make the Musashi a Free XP  grind like the Mo.