Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shaoxiao

What a game boils down to.

5 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
1,327 battles

Why does it feel like the victory of a team hinges not on individual player skill, superior ships, teamwork, team composition, or anything of the sort, but instead hinges on which team has the least amount of braindead players who dont bum rush the enemy and die within the first 4 minutes. 

I cant honestly take matches seriously if over half of the playerbase have no clue what they are doing (this includes performing their function/utility for the team and being suicidal/afk). Perhaps Im just salty that im on a huge dip in W/L as of late, but I feel like my performance, and that of my teammates who are actually trying, have very little impact on if we win or lose. It honestly feels like we are at the mercy of those who have no idea what they are doing. 

[USCC2]
Members
3,418 posts

Welcome to this thing called life!

There is a scale with everything and good or bad is everywhere; tempered by everyone's own perception of what good and bad actually is.

Be thankful that the good and bad we talk about here, is merely a game. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[USCC2]
Members
3,418 posts

No problem, happy to help, but please don't think I'm a school councillor (you know, the type you may often need to see); nope just one of those many people who have good and bad games. :Smile_Default:

[CUTER]
Members
670 posts
18,491 battles
On 9/21/2017 at 2:17 AM, Shaoxiao said:

I cant honestly take matches seriously if over half of the playerbase have no clue what they are doing (this includes performing their function/utility for the team and being suicidal/afk)... It honestly feels like we are at the mercy of those who have no idea what they are doing. 

You have less than a 1000 games.  I would not be overly worried about a win rate in that time period.  I agree with you that there is an abundance of AFK players in the game further compounded by players who think getting sunk in the first two minutes is how you play the game.  The really good players do influence the game, but there are few of them.  Those of you that are fortunate enough to have one your team (unicum) can be carried even when down a lot of ships.

That said, skill still matters and I would encourage you to focus on what you contribute and less on what your team isn't or you will become very bitter.  

And if you want to do serious...play...well this is a game...but you could join a clan...we are always recruiting!

Sign in to follow this