You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ch_Dawnseeker

Fix the Team Killer Assessment Algorithm

12 comments in this topic

[-FBR-]
[-FBR-]
Members
14 posts
1,870 battles

Below is original post, edited to state it's been pointed out I didn't have a 70 match penalty, and misread the information on the screen, though it was unclear what the 70 below the 10 meant at the time due to the misperception

Played the game for a while, got pulled in by a friend about a year ago, got some premium ships, got a bunch of the arpeggio ships for the hell of it, and have rarely if ever done team damage. I learned really fast not to do that, and 99% of the time, I don't. Occasonally there might be a bump/lovetap but we apologize and move on or ignore it because heat of the battle n all.

I recently had an [edited]who decided to sail out of his way to go into my line of torps. Ok, trolling happens, whatever. Got hit with 7 battle penalty. No problem, I can put that behind me. 7 battles for a lack of history and 100% sinking a destroyer is deserving of some punishment, even if it is a troll.  I play 7 games, look and I'm still pink. Confused, I start checking my status to see what's taking so long, or if I miscounted. I was at 10 battle penalty remaining.
I dug a bit more, looking into my play history. I couldn't find a single instance of team damage whatsoever, the oldest battle being 15 penalty battles left, and at one point, at the 11 battles left mark, I somehow shot down an allied plane... My first reaction is 'what the f*'. I didn't know that was remotely possible and I have no idea how it happened even still.

Then this happened. I play with my s/o, who I brought into WoWs in the last few weeks. We only do bot matches cause he doesn't want the stress of pvp (I tease him cause he plays R6 seige, but whatever), only to have this guy proceed to match my speed and direction so that I can't get a shot or torp off without hitting him, and turning is difficult on that front to boot.  I slow down so I can turn, he turns to rub me, and the chat says that they did damage to ally [me]. I don't think anything of it so I don't screenshot it.  Then I check my battles left and I suddenly have 70 battles either left, or added.

This is the final straw WG. I've dealt with other issues I won't mention and put it behind cause I am pretty relaxed when it comes to games having bugs or unbalance. You don't pull this kind of s* though. You mess with players, and they leave.  I post here because apparently it's more likely I'll have a human response here than in the tickets that are now being ignored or not actually being read.  Please, fix the damn 'team killer' algorithms.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Lycian1501

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

Well, since the colour does nothing to you but penalize you more for team damage actions I don't see the problem if it stays on you forever. You said you avoided it 99% of the time right? No sweat. It won't affect you at all. 

[-FBR-]
[-FBR-]
Members
14 posts
1,870 battles

Considering the principle of the matter is punishing damaging allies and I can't track down where else I've done that to warrant increasing the number of battles, combined with the penalty of lower health for the status, I only want a fair punishment, not overkill. Combine that with how it feels like it's increasing for actions that I'm either not notified of, or are [edited] (the allied plane for example), and I now lack any faith/trust in the system to escape its punishment.
I have zero idea how I got more than 7 battles penalized as it was, beyond finding the one plane that was downed. I had zero clues as to why I was suddenly up to 70. If you don't know how the hell something's happening, how do you expect to fix it or avoid it.  I bring up my lack of issue in history to demonstrate a trend and that I know what not to do, or it'd be something longerstanding.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,085 posts
4,098 battles
2 minutes ago, Lycian1501 said:

Considering the principle of the matter is punishing damaging allies and I can't track down where else I've done that to warrant increasing the number of battles, combined with the penalty of lower health for the status, I only want a fair punishment, not overkill. Combine that with how it feels like it's increasing for actions that I'm either not notified of, or are [edited] (the allied plane for example), and I now lack any faith/trust in the system to escape its punishment.
I have zero idea how I got more than 7 battles penalized as it was, beyond finding the one plane that was downed. I had zero clues as to why I was suddenly up to 70. If you don't know how the hell something's happening, how do you expect to fix it or avoid it.  I bring up my lack of issue in history to demonstrate a trend and that I know what not to do, or it'd be something longerstanding.

I feel like that 70 is just the reflected damage you took, and the 10 above it is your games left. You'd be banned before that number reached 70...

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro

[PS1HQ]
Members
71 posts
5,911 battles
23 minutes ago, Lycian1501 said:

This is the final straw WG. I've dealt with other issues I won't mention and put it behind cause I am pretty relaxed when it comes to games having bugs or unbalance. You don't pull this kind of s* though. You mess with players, and they leave.  I post here because apparently it's more likely I'll have a human response here than in the tickets that are now being ignored or not actually being read.  Please, fix the damn 'team killer' algorithms.

Capture.PNG

recommendation: play low tier CVs for a while, it's nearly impossible to get any team damage with a teir 4 or 5 CV (unless your luck is absolute [edited] or you get that one guy who is just going to troll you constantly.) 

Edited by kingofthepanzers98

[-FBR-]
[-FBR-]
Members
14 posts
1,870 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

I feel like that 70 is just the reflected damage you took, and the 10 above it is your games left. You'd be banned before that number reached 70...

Odd, I could have sworn the 10 was in addition to the 70 penalty. I'll concede a possible misread, but even so, I'm still frustrated by the issue that I have not caused an ally damage otherwise, and still am getting it increased.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,085 posts
4,098 battles
1 minute ago, Lycian1501 said:

Odd, I could have sworn the 10 was in addition to the 70 penalty. I'll concede a possible misread, but even so, I'm still frustrated by the issue that I have not caused an ally damage otherwise, and still am getting it increased.

Play a bunch of coop battles where you stick as far away from allies as possible to remove it :P

[-FBR-]
[-FBR-]
Members
14 posts
1,870 battles

The point of the matter is not how to get past the pink status, but how it got exasperated in the first place. I still don't know how the hell you attack an allied plane or could do damage to one even if I wanted to, and I cannot track any team damage beyond this screenshot and the original troll.  If you dont know how it happened, how do you aim to prevent it?

[PS1HQ]
Members
71 posts
5,911 battles
5 minutes ago, Lycian1501 said:

The point of the matter is not how to get past the pink status, but how it got exasperated in the first place. I still don't know how the hell you attack an allied plane or could do damage to one even if I wanted to, and I cannot track any team damage beyond this screenshot and the original troll.  If you dont know how it happened, how do you aim to prevent it?

You weren't playing CV when you shot it down did you? I've had that happen occasionally when dogfighting enemy fighters and friendly fighters get involved

[-FBR-]
[-FBR-]
Members
14 posts
1,870 battles
13 minutes ago, kingofthepanzers98 said:

You weren't playing CV when you shot it down did you? I've had that happen occasionally when dogfighting enemy fighters and friendly fighters get involved

I was, but it was a simple 'click and engage'. I could possibly maybe-kinda-sorta see it if it were a strafing run, but it wasn't.  Secondary fire doesn't count against you because it's not in your control, so why should air battles?

[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
650 posts
7,861 battles

Lycian,

Bumping into friendlies is treated the same as shooting them, as well.  If you're pink don't do it.

Viper(never been pink, yet)