You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lordkiller14

Help for choosing a DD line

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
76 posts
1,962 battles

Hello fellow captains!:Smile_honoring:

i want to start the grind for a DD line, that has good gunboat characteristics overall, but the trouble i'm having is that i don't know which one to choose... if it's better to grind the soviet line and go full on guns blazing? or go with the us dd line that has some good gunboats but also have good tops at high tiers.

so which line would be better to start grinding?:cap_yes:
i would like to hear your suggestions. :Smile_great:

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,477 battles

Soviets are guns, guns, and more guns, which are great for dishing out damage. The USN DD guns have high arcs but you can still rain hell, just not like the Soviets. The Soviets are fat but fast, excel in long range, while the USN are lean, fast, and great for knife-fights. 

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,450 battles

The Soviet DDs are more than just long range guns, despite what most people will tell you. It just takes a greater situational awareness and more skill than most players either don't have naturally or don't care enough to learn. It really depends on what you're looking to do.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
12 hours ago, lordkiller14 said:

i want to start the grind for a DD line, that has good gunboat characteristics

Russian DD's have the best guns; IJN DD's have the best torps. German DD's have hydro, and play like USN DD's with better gun arcs; USN DD's have great AA, are the easiest to learn, and have the best maneuverability.

12 hours ago, lordkiller14 said:

so which line would be better to start grinding?

Despite what everyone else has said, I would suggest the German line. It's tougher, but more rewarding at the end.

12 hours ago, Seraphil said:

US DDs would be the ideal choice, especially as your first.

USN DD's are the easiest to learn.

1 hour ago, Lightninger said:

Soviet DDs are more than just long range guns, despite what most people will tell you. It just takes a greater situational awareness and more skill

Because you can be seen from the moon and you would be better off THROWING your torps at the enemy. Regardless of what other opinions you may hear, Russian DD's are ALL about the guns. The only strategy you need is learning how not to be spotted in your Russian DD (read light cruiser).

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
76 posts
1,962 battles

thank you all for your suggestions! i was wondering what line to get because, im not that good on dd because most of the time when you get spotted you get killed really fast. so i was looking at first at the soviets because they don't give a **** if they get spotted, they just go and shoot their guns like crazy:Smile_teethhappy:.

but then again the US dds have a more balance approach with good guns and torps, so i think ill stick to the US until i get more experience and then ill grind the soviet line :Smile_honoring: