You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anvilsteel

Graf Zeppelin CV OP !

36 comments in this topic

[SFBBW]
Members
9 posts
8,380 battles

I just had a Game where I was dived bombed with 14 bombs from a Graff Zeppelin CV and it took me out of the game. I was in a KGV (Tier7) My ship was near full health, the dive bombers took 50,683 HP from my ship and sunk me, my two fighters were up at the time, my AA was on, and there was no stopping the THREE Dive Bomb Squadrons  that came for me.  REALLY War Gaming???, is THAT what you intend for the game?, is THAT the kinda game you want us to play? If it is, I don't want to play your game anymore WG,, simple. I'll spend all my cash elsewhere thank you. CVs are wrong for the game imho, but this GZ ?? You got to be kidding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OP

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,743 battles
15 minutes ago, Anvilsteel said:

I just had a Game where I was dived bombed with 14 bombs from a Graff Zeppelin CV and it took me out of the game. I was in a KGV (Tier7) My ship was near full health, the dive bombers took 50,683 HP from my ship and sunk me, my two fighters were up at the time, my AA was on, and there was no stopping the THREE Dive Bomb Squadrons  that came for me.  REALLY War Gaming???, is THAT what you intend for the game?, is THAT the kinda game you want us to play? If it is, I don't want to play your game anymore WG,, simple. I'll spend all my cash elsewhere thank you. CVs are wrong for the game imho, but this GZ ?? You got to be kidding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OP

you seem to have played a lot of battles and you have not had this happen to you before with any other CV ? try playing against a Enterprise in a Tirpitz and the CV has AP Bombs. or any ship facing a Kaga.

And CV's are not for this for this game yeah right here we go another anti CV thread.

Deal with it    

P.S. you have just made  all Graf Zeppelin players day now all they need is decent fighters cheers 

Edited by tm63au

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
12 minutes ago, Anvilsteel said:

You are very lucky, usually only takes 1 Graf Zeplin AP Bomb to kill a Battleship, or at least near dead sometimes and then enemy surface ships quickly finish you off.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,938 posts
6,440 battles
30 minutes ago, Anvilsteel said:

your whining is amusing, please continue while i join my fellow forumers in eating popcorn whilst laughing at your tantrum

Edited by tcbaker777

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

your whining is amusing, please continue while i join my fellow forumers in eating popcorn whilst laughing at your tantrum

Mind posting the whinner gif for me @tcbaker777? I'm on my mobile and about to go to sleep. Do it and I will give you an Internet cookie tomorrow morning. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,938 posts
6,440 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Mind posting the whinner gif for me @tcbaker777? I'm on my mobile and about to go to sleep. Do it and I will give you an Internet cookie tomorrow morning. 

i got you buddy

A1UpeFf.gif

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Members
166 posts
8,138 battles

Quite ironic when you think it's unfair to be blown out of the water and yet battleships have blown cruisers and destroyers out of the water since the beginning... All you had to do was stick with your team and not sail in a predictable path against AP bombs. A simple press of your rudder to port or starboard side will reduce the damage but you will still remain vulnerable (European battleships at this moment are the most vulnerable against AP bombs). If you do all of that and still get blown of the water, you were just unlucky like every other destroyer or cruiser player who randomly get citadel or received a lot of damage that they can't negate from a battleship.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
1 hour ago, Anvilsteel said:

CVs are wrong for the game imho

Well since CV's have been here since the beginning and are not going to go away . Good-bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out .

Members
227 posts
4,386 battles

Wait....

You got sunk by a ship so flawed that there was a community firestorm,  and WG pulled the ship from sale? 

That  ship?

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
6 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

i got you buddy

A1UpeFf.gif

Thanks man. Had your cookie ready but i left it unattended for a few minutes and well....she's too cute for mr to bring myself to take it from her so you can try.

2148702-1447544691993-chibi_ruby_eating_

And since you posted the gif (thx again) I will post this second way to describe this thread.

19420541_233031413875587_386108892009048

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles

From a CV perspective, any CV that isn't a Strike Lexington should own Graf Zeppelin.  That said, even a CV doing well in the air, enemy bombers will still get through here and there.  Everyone should realize that.  Even in the best circumstances, "The bomber gets through" somewhere.  If you're a BB, do not sail alone in a CV match.  That right there is a the single biggest way to highlight yourself for the next bombing run.  A lone BB is a gift waiting to be picked up by a CV.  Only High Tier USN BBs have less to worry from air threats due to the typical builds that lean on AA to some degree, and even then, if they do not have a FULL AA Build, they will still take some hits.

And OP, KGV has s--t AA.  I absolutely LOVE KGV, but that AA is a weakness.  Even at Tier VII alone, there are some very nasty CVs.  The Tier VIII-IX ones you may face are even worse.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,350 battles

Here's the overused answer... Git gud son! But seriously, CVs are an endangered class, you'll have to deal with them maybe once every five games, and from personal experience in IJN bbs, they nuke you in maybe once every twenty games, less if you div with a as spec cruiser.

Besides if CVs lose their one-shot. Potential then how are they going to be compensated for the five minute cycling? They have to wait more then ijn DDS do and if they remove their one shot potential how will their ridiculous cycling time?

[DOG]
Members
378 posts
5,577 battles

Dude, if you don't like CVs, just drive an Atlanta.  You'll only see a CV maybe one game out of every 10.  And on those rare occasions you do see some CVs, once they figure out where you are their planes will stay as far away from you as they can.

[SFBBW]
Members
9 posts
8,380 battles

Yeah call me a whiner ,, go ahead, and you people are the reason the GZ is OP, numbskulls who want OP CVs in the game is just wrong. Where's the BALANCE in the GZ ?? And I LAUGH when you all bought the GZ because you all thought you had the BEST OP CV in the game,, and look at all the CRYBABIES who whined when the POS was finally released, and it wasnt OP like they thought it'd be. And now WG is looking at it again,, and its just WRONG to sink a ship with overwhelming planes, that nothing can stop. There's nothing you can do when a GZ wants you dead, how can anyone think thats a good idea ?. You can count on one hand the times I've written in this fourm, I dont make a habit of it, and I'm old enough to be most of your Grandfathers,, so showing a little respect is in order when someone comments on a MAJOR change to the game. I have no doubt my purchases FAR exceeded most of you in the amount of money I've spent on this game, not to mention the time I've spent playing it. I have earned my right to comment here and NOT be attacked and called a whiner by the likes of you people who just have to have a OP ship, and say its OK to be OP.

[DOG]
Members
378 posts
5,577 battles

Sometimes there's just nothing you can do.  I remember driving a Mahan once, and got spotted by 4 squadrons of torpedo bombers.  I dodged the torps from 3 of them, but that just set me on an intercept course with the last squadron.  And of course my AA was about as effective as a chocolate chastity belt, like it is on most DDs.  It happens.

But as for the GZ, I thought people were saying it was broken because it's useless?  Doesn't have torpedo bombers I think.  And the fighters were weak.  And the plan was to have the people who already bought it playtest it on the live servers, so they could figure out how to fix it.  Maybe the player who bombed you figured out how to make it work as is?  Or you just had some bad luck getting caught on your own, kind of like me in the Mahan I mentioned above.  I usually play DDs, and the few times I've come up against a GZ I haven't noticed them being particularly dangerous.  I guess because it's hard to hit a DD with dive bombers.  I hunted one down once (in a Z46, I think) and killed it with my guns.  I caught him by himself, and we were both out of range of friendly fire support, so it was a gun duel (well, guns plus the bombers he sent after me, which I managed to dodge).  I did notice that the GZ's guns seemed to be damaging me more than most CVs, but not enough to kill me before I killed him.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
3 hours ago, Anvilsteel said:

and its just WRONG to sink a ship with overwhelming planes, that nothing can stop.

The USN and IJN would tend to disagree with you.  

[S_B]
Members
415 posts
10,502 battles
17 hours ago, Anvilsteel said:

Same thing happened to me last week when I took my stock Amagi out for the first time and lost 50-60K on the Graf Zepplin 3 squadron bomb drop early in the battle. I think they are still testing it but that was ridiculous!. I lasted about 2 more minutes and if they keep the Graf Zepplin that OP I will just park my ship in a far corner and lob shells from 21-22km with my spotter plane only till he finds me.:cap_fainting:.

Edited by dust340man
  • Cool 1

Members
227 posts
4,386 battles
6 hours ago, Anvilsteel said:

Yeah call me a whiner ,, go ahead, and you people are the reason the GZ is OP, numbskulls who want OP CVs in the game is just wrong. Where's the BALANCE in the GZ ?? And I LAUGH when you all bought the GZ because you all thought you had the BEST OP CV in the game,, and look at all the CRYBABIES who whined when the POS was finally released, and it wasnt OP like they thought it'd be. And now WG is looking at it again,, and its just WRONG to sink a ship with overwhelming planes, that nothing can stop. There's nothing you can do when a GZ wants you dead, how can anyone think thats a good idea ?. You can count on one hand the times I've written in this fourm, I dont make a habit of it, and I'm old enough to be most of your Grandfathers,, so showing a little respect is in order when someone comments on a MAJOR change to the game. I have no doubt my purchases FAR exceeded most of you in the amount of money I've spent on this game, not to mention the time I've spent playing it. I have earned my right to comment here and NOT be attacked and called a whiner by the likes of you people who just have to have a OP ship, and say its OK to be OP.

Ship is not OP.  Ship was removed from sale because she *wasn't competitive*, and seriously flawed.  WG allowed owners to keep it (off they really wanted to) that they could get test data before re-releasing to the public.   WG ate their hats on this. 

Members
4 posts
2,622 battles

I kept my Gran Zep and now I'm testing the 2 versions. It has its flaws but being OP is not one of them.  I have taken out a few BBs who decided to go out on their own. One battle 12 of my 18 planes hit, so lets say an average of 6000 HP per bomb, and that would equal (6000x12) 72000 HP. The Bismarck (B) is at 69,200 HP. 72,000-69,200 = 2,800 over.

In one Random battle my first strike hit nothing (18 misses) then in that same battle a dev strike against a BB. When I went up against tier 9 and 10 ships/planes I never made it to the target. Wiped in under a few seconds.

To say the GZ is OP because you were taken out in one strike is to say every ship in this game is OP since I. like many here have received the Devastating Strike award for such an event.

To make you fell better I will apologize to the following:

1. The cruiser that I devastated with in the first 3 mins of the battle using my BB (First strike award was also given).

2. The DD I  devastated while in my cruiser.

3. The tier 9 Missouri that my tier 7 Leberecht Maass DD devastated (8 torps 8 hits).

4. The 4 BISMARCKS that I took out on my own in the Graf Zeppelin (testing phase).