Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Collection Reward

20 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

Not to complain about free stuff but.....I complete one part of the collection and I get a permanent camo for a ship I don't have and never intend to get and the camo can't be sold. Thanks?? Feels like I wasted my time.

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

Seems like a very specific reward that is useless to most players. Perhaps if WG had made it more well known as to the rewards people would have not wasted their time on something they can't even sell. Maybe letting you know the reward was not sellable.

Edited by KalishniKat

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles

Might want the bote some day in the future.

I'm saving up 8.5 million credits to buy the New Orleans back.  I think of all the premium camo I burned up to grind that thing.

Have the Kiev.

The other 3 I haven't ground up to yet, but it's something to do this winter.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i can use 4 of 5  camo so not too bad.      will end up keeping those ships like I have with earlier ones.      what is the issue?  it will be in your storage in case you need it. 

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Over the years Ive attained most if not all of the camos like these. A good many I don't have the ships, but I've got them in case I ever do.

I specifically went for the ships I had first just in case I didn't finish this event, but I ended up completing all of them.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
34 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Seems like a very specific reward that is useless to most players. Perhaps if WG had made it more well known as to the rewards people would have not wasted their time on something they can't even sell. Maybe letting you know the reward was not sellable.

You do know what the reward is. Mouse over the icon with the anchor and it tells you. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

It is meant to be a fun gift for all players on WoWs 2 year anniversary. It appears that you are earning them without trying, so how did you waste your time? You played the game, got the rewards, and now have something for the future. 

Seems like you are thinking it is a waste of time, when other players like myself, are having fun collecting these things.

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles

Where is the Camo for the New Orleans supposed to show up in your account? ?Inventory? I checked yesterday but did not see it on my account. I don't have the ship yet but could have it one day. Thank you.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
1 hour ago, USMCGal said:

Where is the Camo for the New Orleans supposed to show up in your account? ?Inventory? I checked yesterday but did not see it on my account. I don't have the ship yet but could have it one day. Thank you.

Yes, it is in inventory.  Make sure you scroll down through the stuff you have.  Select "camouflages" from the right menu to filter them, then look for "Congratulatory" camo.

Edited by desmo_2

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles
11 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes, it is in inventory.  Make sure you scroll down through the stuff you have.

Thank you, just wanted to confirm as I did not see it there...If I do not see it later today I will send in a ticket.

Thank you.

Members
3,407 posts
6,070 battles
8 hours ago, KalishniKat said:

Not to complain about free stuff but.....

But you will complain about free stuff...  :cap_hmm:

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
9 hours ago, KalishniKat said:

Not to complain about free stuff but.....I complete one part of the collection and I get a permanent camo for a ship I don't have and never intend to get and the camo can't be sold. Thanks?? Feels like I wasted my time.

Well, you were awarded a "permanent" camouflage, after all.  "Permanent" means...well, you know what it means.  No other permanent camo can be sold, either, whether it was awarded in a collection or came with a premium ship.  Because, you know, permanent.  :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by desmo_2

[CAST]
Members
1,155 posts
7,159 battles

I collect all sorts of stuff in the game that I will probably never use.  I will never complain about free stuff.  I do wish I had the NO camo when I was grinding through her.  She's in my port and will get the camo, but probably won't be played much until tier 8s don't get uptiered as often.  Oh well, third world problems that we have to deal with in the game.  LOL.

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

All I'm saying is that if you had a Kiev and bought the perma camo it would cost you 3000 doubloons. So since it's being given as a reward, why not let those of us who don't have a Kiev, don't want a Kiev, to sell the camo for say half price??

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

you can't sell back permanent camo even if you purchased it with gold, so they are not going to do it with give away.  if they wanted to give away 1500 gold, they would have done so.

Sign in to follow this