You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CMDR_HUNTER_

Modpacks

20 comments in this topic

[VIP]
Members
86 posts
16,977 battles

Are there any complete ModPacks  available from anyone besides Aslains?

I know Hakabase does some, but it seems he does not keep up to date very promptly.

I'm looking for mostly the Sniper zoom in, anti-glare, training room, ship position indicator, etc. Just seems hard to find outside of Aslain & Haka.

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
Members
1,108 posts
6,050 battles

The three "big" modpacks are Aslain's, hakabase's and WG's modpacks. If they are not to your liking, I would recommend finding the creator's page of those mods you want and you should be able to get them as soon as they get updated.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

If your issue is Aslains not being updated due to him in the hospital, you should be able to change the file name in the res_mods folder to get them to work.

I haven't updated yet, so i haven't tested it out.

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
3 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

If your issue is Aslains not being updated due to him in the hospital, you should be able to change the file name in the res_mods folder to get them to work.

I haven't updated yet, so i haven't tested it out.

Unfortunately a lot of them broke with todays patch.

OP you can usually find the new WG modpack on the RU website. If you google translate their forums it isnt hard to find.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
34 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Unfortunately a lot of them broke with todays patch.

OP you can usually find the new WG modpack on the RU website. If you google translate their forums it isnt hard to find.

Wow, that's odd. Mine are working without issue.

List of what I'm using..

I've got a replay uploading to Youtube now. It all seems to be working fine.

Which ones broke on this update?

Edited by Wulfgarn

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
44 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Which ones broke on this update?

I'm not sure as I didnt try to narrow it down. When I played a match after coping them over I had a very laggy interface. I couldnt get the tab button to work. I couldnt even get escape to pull up the menu. Once I deleted those and restarted the client it worked fine.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I'm not sure as I didnt try to narrow it down. When I played a match after coping them over I had a very laggy interface. I couldnt get the tab button to work. I couldnt even get escape to pull up the menu. Once I deleted those and restarted the client it worked fine.

I gotcha, prolly ones I'm not using.

Just found out Aslain is back home from the hospital and working on an update. I assume it'll be out in a day or two, if he's running on regular schedule.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Wulfgarn

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
3 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

I gotcha, prolly ones I'm not using.

Just found out Aslain is back home from the hospital and working on an update. I assume it'll be out in a day or two, if he's running on regular schedule.:Smile_honoring:

Yeah im not too worried. I just use the WG modpack until he updates or play without. Although I do miss the Admiral Akbar's it's a trap mod when detected haha.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yeah im not too worried. I just use the WG modpack until he updates or play without. Although I do miss the Admiral Akbar's it's a trap mod when detected haha.

I use to use that as well.

I'm completely out of my depth using the vanilla. It's way too small for me. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Wulfgarn

[VIP]
Members
86 posts
16,977 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Where do I get the WG Modpack, thanks for all the input guys.

[WAIFU]
Members
1,108 posts
6,050 battles
6 hours ago, Maverick_LHA5 said:

Where do I get the WG Modpack, thanks for all the input guys.

WG modpack is pinned to the mod page (here).

It still has not been updated to 0.6.11.0. Of the three major modpacks, they are the most unreliable one. It sometimes can take more than a week to get the updated version. Apparently, it's possible to get it from the Russian forums faster, but someone else will have to provide you with a link.

[MWM]
Supertester
251 posts
6,682 battles

I only use http://proships.ru/news/ . Its russian built like the game, but does have english as a option when you use the installer and updates same day in most cases when a patch drops. I just recommend using chrome to auto-translate the page, but again the installer itself has a english option. 

Edited by Malarkey_

[VIP]
Members
3 posts
7,221 battles

Caution: I went to download the Aslain's installer (at http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-06111-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/) when I got an alert (The object is infected by HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic) by my anti-virus softeware. I recommend caution. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by born2bbald

[WAIFU]
Members
1,108 posts
6,050 battles
9 hours ago, born2bbald said:

Caution: I went to download the Aslain's installer (at http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-06111-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/) when I got an alert (The object is infected by HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic) by my anti-virus softeware. I recommend caution. Hope this is helpful.

Aslain has been sharing his modpack since the launch of the game (and probably even before that) and is used by hundreds of people. I would say it's safe to use.

[VIP]
Members
86 posts
16,977 battles
11 hours ago, born2bbald said:

Make sure you use the "DIRECT LINK" only, the other links are mirror sites that can have issues. I've noticed a significant difference between the 2.

Edited by Maverick_LHA5
  • Cool 1

[VIP]
Members
86 posts
16,977 battles
8 hours ago, born2bbald said:

Confirming your post. There is no viral threat at http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-06111-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/. Thank you!

I'm glad to hear it, cause God knows I can't stand to play in a "Vanilla" environment. I'm too used to my Mods. :Smile_glasses:

Edited by Maverick_LHA5
  • Cool 1