You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

If you SOLO

64 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

I cannot break the 50% win. I mean I probably could of I went seal clubbing, but no way. I have been trying to get over 100K on my tier 10 BBs. Just cannot break the 50%. Is this a struggle with solo, where Division play increases the win rate. I mean it would make sense, 2-3 people talking what they are doing. I don't think they much help the rest of the team. They pretty much do what they want and complain when they do not win. Is it me or is soloing much harder to achieve a high win rate. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,066 posts
7,614 battles

Soling to a high win rate is much harder than playing in a division with similarly skilled players.

• Cool 6

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,564 battles

59% win rate, primarily solo.  It's absolutely painful to hold, and you get really frustrated with teams quite a bit.

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,277 posts
7,147 battles

I primarily solo, at 55.33% overall today.

Total: 4,661 battles 55.33% WR

Solo: 4,579 battles 55.36% WR

Division: 82 battles 53.66% WR

Yeah, I have bad days, a lot of them, especially during the weekend when all the weekend warriors come out for the "specials".

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Yes, it is harder to get a high win rate solo than of you form a division with a couple competent players.

That said, you can get a high 50's low 60's win rate solo (higher if you play CV's and are good at them).

For example (from the last time Warships.Today worked), I'm sitting at 59.08% over 1432 battles Solo, and 77.97% over 236 battles in a 3 man division since the game went live.

It can makes a difference.

• Cool 1

Members
3,414 posts
6,082 battles

I solo and have like a 51.3% WR.  Very difficult to get that but I got it higher when I replayed my Graf Spee and had a 75% WR for a good while.  Had a period I time I rarely lost on the Spee for some reason.  Time of day or week did not matter.  Had the same deal with the French cruisers after tier 3 to the Bertin where my WR was higher than normal. Struggling more with tier 6 cruiser..  There were times I played 4 games with 100% WR and I just stopped for the night.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

I have a 59% solo win rate but its certainly tough to keep, especially grinding ships you may not be good in. Most of my solo wins come from me playing ships I like and are good in but don't necessarily need xp in.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Once you get to a certain number of battles, it's near impossible to show movement.

If you do, it'll be in the .001%

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,867 battles

Mostly solo here, too. It's more about playing ships that you are comfortable with.

Have you watched any of Flamu's youtube vids? He goes into quite a lot of detail about the game mechanics and why he does or doesn't do certain things with different ships. I've found Flamu, ichase, and nozoupfor you's vids to be quite informative...

Members
4,461 posts
6,195 battles

Most who post on this forum are good players and you will see many of them able to play only solo and do well but it's tuff.  Very tuff. Most who solo in the pubs and don't division are average. Like me!  Actually I dropped below average past month and I can't figure out why.  Horrible losing streaks for days on end. Odd. My excuse is BLAME YOUR TEAMS!  Yup!  Always.  That way ya don't have to look in the mirror. 

Edited by dmckay

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,285 battles

I have a 56.77% WR as a solo DD/CL player (5122 solo random matches). The key is, you have to be a team player but don't rely on others to do the same. Look for situations where you can do help someone with smoke or fire on ships that are already being shot at by others (also shoot at lowest health first). Its a little more complicated than that but I am not good at putting my thoughts on paper. What it boils down to though is you control your WR by being a teamplayer regardless of whether or not the other 11 players are  playing that way. 

Edited by DeadMeat_015
  • Cool 2

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

I consider myself a average player. I am averaging about 70 K on my 2 tier 10 BBs. I am harder on myself than anyone can be. I was enjoying the play of my Arizona and Bismark, my best ships, but that has come down because of the MM and mostly being tiered up. I do enjoy this game though and this comes from a 70's gamer. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,058 battles

Win rate doesn't entirely depends on you. You can be the most skilled player, if your team is full of potato well you'll lose. That being said playing stealth ship really help when it comes to carrying a team.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,867 battles
3 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I have a 56.77% WR as a solo DD/CL player (5122 solo random matches). The key is, you have to be a team player but don't rely on others to do the same. Look for situations where you can do help someone with smoke or fire on ships that are already being shot at by others (also shoot at lowest health first). Its a little more complicated than that but I am not good at putting my thoughts on paper. What it boils down to though is you control your WR by being a teamplayer regardless of whether or not the other 11 players are  playing that way. 

^This.

If you are one of those BB players that snipes from the edge of the map you will never have a good WR....

• Cool 1

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
5 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

I am a team player almost to a fault. I usually am the last to bail on a cap at beginning of game and this is playing my BBs. I am not a sniper. The thing that really angers me is you follow into a cap. The attack fails and you turn to get out and the other cap is calling you out because you are not helping in their cap. They do not even follow the map and understand it will take me time to get there out of a running battle to help them. Ranting now sorry but happy with the sharing. 

Edited by Buzzardsluck

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

After I finish getting my German Captain to 19 I am going to work on my Japanese DD play. i usually like to play many game to feel good about playing a ship. I have also started playing CVs. 

[R-F]
Members
677 posts
6,188 battles

Win rate, even when solo, is certainly related to skill but only so much.  You're one of 12 players on a team, so even if you're great you're only going to swing the odds so much.  I am in awe of people that manage a win rate above 60% in solo play. On the other hand, for the folks with a win rate in the 30-40% range... wow.  Even an afker doesn't hurt the team that bad.  You do know you're supposed to shoot the red ships, right?

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,285 battles
21 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

I am a team player almost to a fault. I usually and the last to bail on a cap at beginning of game and this is playing my BBs. I am not a sniper. The thing that really angers me is you follow into a cap. The attack fails and you turn to get out and the other cap is calling you out because you are not helping in their cap. They do not even follow the map and understand it will take me time to get there out of a running battle to help them. Ranting now sorry but happy with the sharing. 

If you don't have the mini-map at max size and don't constantly look at it evaluating how the battle is progressing when you are not shooting at others ,you handicap yourself and your team. Also this is what I meant about being a teamplayer regardless of others, you just have to ignore people like this and play your game

Edited by DeadMeat_015

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,669 posts
7,570 battles

I soloed to over 60% win rate. If you want advice on winning more I will happily answer questions and I am sure that many others will as well. 

I try and help if people have specific problems, people that come to the forum just to whine tend to get less constructive feedback. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

57% win rate, all solo. Managed a 63% win rate in WoT, solo for a while. It's definitely doable. 

In my experience, just fighting your ship/tank is insufficient to get to high win rates. You have to fight the larger battle. Many players, who are good mind you, play their ship the same way regardless of the map, team makeup, presence of CVs, etc, etc. Can do that and expect to win 60% of the time.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

For Good Player, 

at t4, it is reasonable to have  65 % WR solo 

at t6-7,   60% WR solo 

at t9+,   55%  WR

higher is possible, but you have to really play strong ship and get really good at it.  I do find that t10 does have bit better carrying, and using strong ship does help. 

[LHG]
Members
1,190 posts
4,924 battles

Despite Hipper being the definition of a low-impact ship in every match I've played in her, I'm still holding >50% solo W/R by playing everything else.

pls buff hipper

• Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,261 battles

You can do it, it's just hard. I'm at 62% solo through 4700+ games, almost entirely made up of Tiers 7-10. Basically, no one will help you, and if you don't do everything, you'll lose. And even if you do end up doing everything, you'll still probably lose. If you ask people to do things, they won't, and then they'll report you. If you [edited] at their complete incompetence after 8k games where they're clearly learned nothing, they'll report you, but someone else will complement you, so it evens out.

In short, everyone that isn't you is doing their best to actively cause you to lose. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't. But if you carry as hard as you can every game, you'll win more than they do.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,880 posts
13,401 battles

I'd only add don't beat yourself up over win rate. Play strategically and do everything you can to contribute to the team but if they want to potato there is not much you can do.

The times I've seen people completely ignore caps to chase a kill only to lose on points............