You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Bunyan_

Teams are offically gone (pay me back)

16 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
288 posts
13,614 battles

ok so I know that its been said that teams are gone. but I still had them. I never left them I never disbanded them I never played with them (because you cant ever since the first and only season)

Now we have this update that happened today... and guess what.... the teams are all freaking out and I had 3 clans upon logging in... then after 1 game I now had 2 clans..... then after the 3rd game I'm down to 1 clan...  So I decided to relog into the game to see if its a glitch.. nope I own just 1 team now.  well since your trying to get rid of them because you want them gone... fine do it doesn't matter if they're gone... but pay me back my doubloons that I paid to get them. don't just take them away and give me nothing.

Untitled.png

Edited by _Bunyan_
  • Cool 2

[-VT3-]
Members
1,607 posts
3,346 battles

I'm not sure I'm following what happened, or what's going on in the picture, but the logic seems sound.  WG may not be under any obligation to reimburse people for discontinued premium content, (and they almost certainly aren't, if one reads the TOS) but it would make sense- PR wise- for them to provide some sort of compensation if that were the case.

But again, I'm really not sure what I'm looking at in the OP.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
288 posts
13,614 battles

so the picture... sorry I don't know how to make gifs... but the team is cycling the images of icons from: friend, random, co-op, ranked, WoWs....

really wth!!!!! not its gone completely!!!! wth WarGaming really OMFG!!!

I know it would happen if I played my third game but I gave it a shot. (I just lost my last team now)

So now I cant make a gif even if I know how to.

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,842 battles
2 hours ago, _Bunyan_ said:

So now I cant make a gif even if I know how to.

Try maybe a clear description of the problem more than focusing on gifs.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
288 posts
13,614 battles

I thought I was clear, but I guess I wasn't.

We all know that Team Battles use to be a thing... right?

Well now that Rank 15 no longer gives you access to "Team Battles" but now "Clan Battles", I think and they are now finally taking away all the "Teams" that were created.

What happened when I logged in today was:

- all 3 of my Teams were no longer named... but numbered now... but also the image of the team (as seen above) was cycling with different icons (when I took a screenshot it happened to be on the image of a friend chat box)

- I started the day with all 3 of my Teams doing this. I figured it was some glitch that would resolve itself.

- After each game I played. 1 "Team" would disappear.

- Now I have no more teams that I'm apart of.

Also if you look at your profile... remember that there use to be a tab for Teams. Well now there is none.

WGing has officially killed Teams and did not repay the owners of their "Teams" there doubloons back. 

I hope that is a better explanation of what happened.

[WGA]
Administrator, WG Staff
446 posts
2,109 battles

Compensation was mentioned in our patch notes, it will be sent to any team leaders who created teams in the near future. (I am not aware of time frame for this so cannot quote a day). 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0611/#cbattles 

But rest assured, if you created a team, you should be compensated. 

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
34 minutes ago, wacko17 said:

Compensation was mentioned in our patch notes, it will be sent to any team leaders who created teams in the near future. (I am not aware of time frame for this so cannot quote a day). 

man I made a team call poi poi poi team

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,308 battles

oh good, I made a team when team battles were a thing.... cant wait for my gold....doubloons...

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles
On 9/20/2017 at 7:00 PM, _Bunyan_ said:

ok so I know that its been said that teams are gone. but I still had them. I never left them I never disbanded them I never played with them (because you cant ever since the first and only season)

Now we have this update that happened today... and guess what.... the teams are all freaking out and I had 3 clans upon logging in... then after 1 game I now had 2 clans..... then after the 3rd game I'm down to 1 clan...  So I decided to relog into the game to see if its a glitch.. nope I own just 1 team now.  well since your trying to get rid of them because you want them gone... fine do it doesn't matter if they're gone... but pay me back my doubloons that I paid to get them. don't just take them away and give me nothing.

Untitled.png

You know, it helps to actually read the news and patch notes they literally throw in your face when you launch the game. You'd have known they're compensating you in manner in which you paid for the team had you done this, instead of raging at them on the forums like an entitled child.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,212 battles
2 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

You know, it helps to actually read the news and patch notes they literally throw in your face when you launch the game. You'd have known they're compensating you in manner in which you paid for the team had you done this, instead of raging at them on the forums like an entitled child.

I don't want you to think I am being rude here, but I think you're misunderstanding the guy who made the first post. It seems pretty clear that he did read the bit about compensation and was just asking why it wasn't done on the day the patch dropped.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
[CVA16]
Beta Testers
115 posts
13,313 battles

I had started 2 teams and they too have moved into oblivion , with no gold compensation either as of yet , why, I read the patch notes. More people played Team battles than Rank battles . Team battles were a good way to prepare for Rank battles. I think that you are making one hell of a bad judgment call on this one WG. Team Battles were definitely more fun than what Rank has now become, you'll be sorry.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, wacko17 said:

soon soon team poi poi poi await it refund then..... only got to play 1 team battle session event and there were no more after that......w

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

I miss team battles. I started participating in them right as they ended, and it was fun. Organized fleet vs. organized fleet is way better than "ranked" yolo warrior.