Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MrBATTLEBRAWL

Biggest Pet Peeves as a CV Player

18 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
3,993 battles

By Pet Peeves, I mean what besides the carriers themselves bothers you about being one?

Also, please in this format for lulz

>That Captain who Asks you to cover them 100% of the time the entire game. 

>That Destroyer that asks you to spot for them, then gets mad at you when they get hit by a torpedo they failed to dodge

>That Battleship that gets angry at you when one bomber hits him and sets him on fire, he repairs, and gets torpedoed

>The Enemy CV that only knows how to strafe

>The Dead Teammate who asks you to cap an enemy flag

Those are some of mine

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

>CV captains that don't do one of things they should be doing - shooting down opposing CV planes...

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,395 battles

The whole red team hiding in D3.

Friendly BB's hiding behind me.

Getting rammed by friendlies while I'm on autopilot.

[SYN]
Members
53 posts
2,529 battles

>Fighting a competent Saipan

>Having a torpedo fail to arm by just "this" much

>Trying to set fire with DBs, only to have them set no fires(somehow)

>Enemy team AA bubbling

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,357 battles

Ooooh I like this game. How about the CVs that beach themselves on the first available island and never move, ensuring it'll take longer to launch and recover their aircraft and cut their combat effectiveness in half. Or the CVs who have a top down view of the map and yet still can't see that they're the only friendly ship on an entire side of it. Oh, Oh! The CVs who waste their bombs and torpedoes on a ship that is for all intents and purposes dead instead of targeting the bigger threats before they delete friendlies. The CVs who refuse to carry fighters. Man I could go on all day.

I concede that there is a lot of expectations on CV players and most of it is fairly ignorant, and I will also fully admit that there is a steeper learning curve to that class than any other; but by and large the ratio of CV captains who can read the battle and anticipate the needs of the team is far, far far outweighed by the ones that can't. This statement is probably true among most classes, but it is't as dire as it is with carriers. 

• Cool 1

[CASC1]
Members
24 posts
1,498 battles
11 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Ooooh I like this game. How about the CVs that beach themselves on the first available island and never move, ensuring it'll take longer to launch and recover their aircraft and cut their combat effectiveness in half. Or the CVs who have a top down view of the map and yet still can't see that they're the only friendly ship on an entire side of it. Oh, Oh! The CVs who waste their bombs and torpedoes on a ship that is for all intents and purposes dead instead of targeting the bigger threats before they delete friendlies. The CVs who refuse to carry fighters. Man I could go on all day.

I concede that there is a lot of expectations on CV players and most of it is fairly ignorant, and I will also fully admit that there is a steeper learning curve to that class than any other; but by and large the ratio of CV captains who can read the battle and anticipate the needs of the team is far, far far outweighed by the ones that can't. This statement is probably true among most classes, but it is't as dire as it is with carriers. 

As a complete potato who is trying to rise above my tuber nature I actually find feedback like this incredibly helpful.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,681 battles

Pretty much fighting a Saipan and having them constantly alt strafe.

Getting clear skies and high caliber in the same match but still listening to how you are the worst CV player they have ever seen because their DD got taken out by the red CV.

[DHO-2]
Alpha Tester
656 posts
1,550 battles

My personal fav and something I yelled at a clan-member for complaining about - "My BB got damaged/sunk.  CVs are OP!!!"

:Smile_child:

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles

AS a CV:

> A red CV that does not "Dog fight" using the strafe/ exit strafe mechanics

> A red CV that hides in allied AA all match, normal includes the above as well

>Allies that don't react to my scouting

>Allies that form a large blob and don't move, often staying behind an island that prevents their shooting as well.

>Allies that cry because you are in a USN CV against a IJN one.

As a surface ship:

>Red CV that keep attacking me when my beat are > than their ability to drop

>Red CV that runs to the furthest corner and your allies just have to chase him down anyways

>Allied CV that does not scout.

>Allied CVs that chase red planes into red AA

>Allied CV that does not use allied AA to their advantage.

This morning I had an allied Ranger have 2 Alabamas pushing the middle cap and did not scout for them. Then in his infinite wisdom chased the red Saipan's fighters into red AA to get murdered in seconds. All while not scouting the middle cap resulting in both alabamas getting sunk chasing down DDs while being focused by the whole red team.

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
4 hours ago, MrBATTLEBRAWL said:

>The Dead Teammate who asks you to cap an enemy flag

One of funniest things I have ever seen in chat was two red DDs just were not seen all game. They ended up being some of the last reds alive. So as their cap was being took they started taunting in chat for me (CV) to come out of hiding. Soon followed up by them being spotted coming from the back side of the map. Before I typed up a response one of my team mates said "He's the one capping your base".  With all the taunting going back and forth from both teams all game, it was pure gold.  

Members
819 posts
3,823 battles

> Players that get angry at you for bringing "Strike" or "Air Superiority" load outs, its the wrong load out apparently...

> Players that get angry at you for playing an aircraft carrier. How dare your carrier exists...

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna
  • Cool 1

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

"CV Spot"

Player pings map as much as possible

Player fails to understand that planes can't spot ships within smoke

I was playing the Taiho in a 4 DD game, and someone saw a Mino smoke up.  in the top down view, I could clearly see that the Mino was still inside the smoke firing constantly.   The two enemy DDs were spotted on the other side of the map along with bulk of their ships.  Outside of the smoke was a Moskva, Hindi, and an Izumo.  This left 1 ship unaccounted for and it was some tier 8 CA, I forget which one.  An ally continued to spam the smoke and kept telling me to spot the Mino.  I obliged and vectored a fighter that way, but the Moskva had a scout plane up and was within 8km of the smoke meaning that he spotted the fighters letting the Mino shoot at the fighters.  Obviously floating planes right over a Mino that you can't spot is a poor idea so I pulled the planes back and of course the ally started to spam again and was blaming his death on me for not spotting.

or

"CV Spot"

Player fails to realize that all ships have been spotted and are spotted

For example on Okinawa, I was in a Hipper and our team pushed B and C.  Most of the enemy went A and a few were in B and even less went to C.  We clean up at C and begin pushing toward B.  A friendly Iowa decided to spam "I need intelligence data" and spam chat telling the CV to spot.  The issue was the Iowa was on the south side of C and reversing while the enemy were all at A and the north side of B.  He was so far from the enemy that even with the spotter plane, his shots were short.  I wasn't even the CV and I wanted to punch this guy in the throat.  The CV didn't do amazingly but he was spotting.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

hmmm... My pet peeves with cvs are mainly having to watch the enemy cv not know how to cv.

1.) Enemy tries to CV snipe me, particularly at t8+. I feel Insulted every time. Never works.

2.) Enemy USN cv is strike, usually just send my fighters to perma-spot him and shootdown his planes when they take off. Usually cv will try to chase my fighters to kill them with his AA while my teams BBs take pot shots at him. 

3.) Teammates not knowing how CVs work and asking unrealistic things from me.

4.) Ambush AA ships that know what their doing.

5.) Teamkills and getting reported randomly.

[PLPTR]
Members
42 posts
3,217 battles

>getting trapped in a t5 dogfight with no ammo that I can't escape from, losing whole squadrons.

>getting my t5 paired with a t6 and players complaining that I should be Manual dropping when- Oh right, Wargaming removed that function for t4 and t5.

>Not being able to bomb into smoke at t4, t5, while the DD can fire at will with no repercussions. 

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

> alone ship ask fighter suport in other side of map.

> bb sailing alone asking to a cv babysitter him

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this