You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Wondering about Warships Today stat site.

26 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
Members
975 posts
7,021 battles

I know that is has not been  working for NA for sometime now, but wondering why it is working fine for all other servers. Did he stop doing for NA, did NA devs do something to stop it from getting info or something else. I just find it odd that all the other servers are fine on it. One of the other stats sites reported that they are having issues on and off getting info from the NA server database. 

Edited by Shadow_NA

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

Warships Today often has problems like this, its a nice site but in situations like this I uses other sites like WoWs Stats and Numbers to reassure my ego that I am still playing just fine.

(Except I am now playing alot of CV which is hurting me bad.)

• Cool 3

Members
790 posts
6,339 battles

I've given up on the Today site because of the amount of time it's broken. I've switched to WoWs numbers. i know that stats are figured differently but all I use them for is to measure my own progress. That and the site has a better look to it.

[_AFW_]
Members
975 posts
7,021 battles
4 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Warships Today often has problems like this, its a nice site but in situations like this I uses other sites like WoWs Stats and Numbers to reassure my ego that I am still playing just fine.

(Except I am now playing alot of CV which i hurting me bad.)

2 minutes ago, Prushn said:

I've given up on the Today site because of the amount of time it's broken. I've switched to WoWs numbers. i know that stats are figured differently but all I use them for is to measure my own progress. That and the site has a better look to it.

I guess time to do the same myself and use another site. Sadly i really liked Warships Today...

• Cool 1

[-1]
Alpha Tester
400 posts
5,298 battles

I am guessing this usually happens after a new patch and the website needs to be resolved to handle the different data just like your mods need to be updated for the same reasons ??

Members
797 posts
4 minutes ago, husband said:

I am guessing this usually happens after a new patch and the website needs to be resolved to handle the different data just like your mods need to be updated for the same reasons ??

Site has not updated for weeks and works fine for all the other servers. 

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles
46 minutes ago, Shadow_NA said:

I guess time to do the same myself and use another site. Sadly i really liked Warships Today...

You don't have to give up on Warships Today, other stat sites have their own problems (typically they don't update as often or their rating systems is strange) but generally seem to work more consistently. I have several saved to my bookmarks because each one offers something the other don't. 

• Cool 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles
48 minutes ago, Prushn said:

@Kevik70 lol, a semi proud member of SALTY? Got me a to laugh on that one :)

:Smile_Default: It's not wrong.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles
40 minutes ago, husband said:

It has had more issues that just patches. 

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,170 battles

I love the amount of data on warships.today and the ability to sort and navigate, but yeah.  Half the time it's down and even when it's up half the time it's not updating.  I believe the battles listed in the "1d" section of my sig happened on Sunday...

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

If I had the skill, I'd build my own site.  I suck at coding for anything more than rudimentary tasks.  I don't know if WTs issues are with the hosting provider or something else, but I like the site.  

WoWs Numbers is good, and I use it as well, but prefer WTs simple layout.

B

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,590 battles

Been using wow numbers for a while to track how bad I am. Wowstats has inflated numbers for several of my boats and it skews my stats so I quit using it. 

Members
790 posts
6,339 battles

Has anyone been in contact with the admin at Warships Today? It's been 5 days now since stats have updated. I'm beginning to wonder if they've just given up.

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
9 posts
11,736 battles

I sent a msg through the HELP option 3 days ago and nada

[VIP-2]
[VIP-2]
Members
9 posts
458 battles

I have recently noticed that Warships today is defunct. The NA Wows Numbers site seems a little inaccurate in comparison with the up to date stats. Even the VIP (Clan) tab  in game is not keeping current with  the actual "Stats" Sometimes I've noticed a 48 hour lag in stat corrections to take place. Any insights on this phenomenon :cap_yes:  going on?

Edited by Phantom_55

[CAFE]
[CAFE]
Beta Testers
56 posts
13,101 battles

thanks to warships.today being down forever. I don't look at my stats anymore. You could say i have broken free from the stats addiction! Hooray for me!

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
132 posts
6,943 battles
5 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

How do third party sites get all the data they need for a stats database, anyhow?

From the public API commands that allows anyone to build a program or web service that calls it, it process the data on their end and sends you the results.

https://developers.wargaming.net/reference/

• Cool 1

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
132 posts
6,943 battles
On 9/20/2017 at 3:39 PM, Shadow_NA said:

I know that is has not been working for NA for sometime now, but wondering why it is working fine for all other servers.

Mostly due to separate servers for each region, which makes sense since all region accounts are their own. That way you don't pollute the data in a region with accounts that are not from that area.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:32 PM, Slightlyaskewed said:

Been using wow numbers for a while to track how bad I am. Wowstats has inflated numbers for several of my boats and it skews my stats so I quit using it. 

It seems WoWStats combines the data from both Random and Ranked together in single WR and WTR totals, so that could explain why the numbers look a bit inflated.

[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
5,763 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Dead, or dying fan sites, another good sign? :cap_hmm:

It's not dead... it's still live. It's just not functioning properly. Usually the blame is WarGaming's API... but it's weird that other sites do work, while WS.Today does not. :fish_palm:

It is the best, of all of the stat-tracking sites, in my opinion. It organizes a good deal of useful information better than every other tracking service. I use 2 seperate Apps on my phone, and [at least] three different websites, to track my performance, and WS.Today is the only one that displays a simple (yet informative) daily/weekly/monthly/etc performance chart, and puts it [beautifully] into a signature :fish_cute_2:

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles
7 hours ago, awiggin said:

Dead, or dying fan sites, another good sign? :cap_hmm:

Considering they cost money to run and get little to no money coming in - unless the people are extremely hard core and have no life issues, fan sites are at best iffy most of the time.

It is the best, of all of the stat-tracking sites, in my opinion. It organizes a good deal of useful information better than every other tracking service. I use 2 seperate Apps on my phone, and [at least] three different websites, to track my performance, and WS.

Agree completely - I like to see the server averages for the ship or ship type and that is so easy to find.  Looked at teh wow-numbers site and it is - terrible.

[-K-]
Members
5,073 posts
8,938 battles
On 9/20/2017 at 6:45 PM, Prushn said:

Agreed.  The metrics are slightly different for WoWS-Numbers, but I like the layout and presentation of it much better than Warship.Today.

• Cool 1