You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

Oil

Do you want to become enslaved?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is Oil and the Clan compatible?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What role would you prefer?

• Warrior
    • Worker
    • Leader
  3. 3. Would you do the things necessary?

• Play everyday till you gained all 3 containers
    • Play every other day and maybe get two containers
    • Play twice a week....Containers?
  4. 4. How will you handle told to play more?

• Comply
    • Tell them to %#$&@
  5. 5. Would you

• Do everything to make the Clan #1
    • Do the minimum to remain in the Clan
    • Screw the Clan I want it all for me
  6. 6. If the Clan were to demand 15 containers per week is that reasonable?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. How many Containers would be to much to ask?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 13-15
    • 16-18
    • 19-21

17 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Oil will be the death of Fun and Engaging. Earning Oil for your "Clan" becomes a JOB comrade. Your Freedom to choose is placed on the back burner {if at all} everything is now for the glory of the Clan. For those who do not perform to the expectations of the clan they will be sent to the Gulag {Removed from the Clan} Players will become part of a Blacklist {undesirables} The supporters of this movement to clans are not who you may think. Greed will rule with an Iron Fist.You see it already in complaints of Clans and their behavior in Random battles. Builders of the clan have the ONLY say as to where the Oil is spent. Scenario example: you have British ships only...... the Builders have German ships. Who do you think will get their ships benefits first? The Clan needs more members that produce Oil.... who do you think would be the prefered member candidate......The casual 3 day a week player or the I play every day. Now once the Clan has begun movement in the Benefits To where the "Leaders" believe they have a good solid foundation the W/R becomes the standard.So that being said where do you fit in? What pigeon hole are you, a worker or a warrior, or the Fearless Leader? Clans are By design,Communist in base. Wake up People! Let the Clans try and watch the comedy and the drama play out here in the Forums. The future is not in Clans. 

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,424 battles

'Blacklisted'  -- sounds like an excellent name for a clan that doesn't give a hoot about any of this.

Good news seems to be that there is no 'rent' in that each clan needs to make a monthly payment to exist.  Now that would make it more of a job than a game.

Build it as slowly as you like.  Everybody gets there eventually....  I hope.

• Cool 1

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Supertester
177 posts
5,133 battles

Personally, I don't think oil is the problem but the lack of members able to join a clan. You can gain oil by opening containers (3 containers per day) so just by playing. 

If wargaming would've kept their promise of 100 members per clan (Not saying they don't do it in the future), I think the way they have it now would be just fine... But as you said, currently, it seems more of a chore to obtain the necessary amount of oil due to the low number of people who would be able to earn some per clan. 

Edited by EpicLeveler
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles

You earn your oil by earning your containers. While the rate may need adjustment it is designed so clans don't instantly have the structures in the base.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Non-participation has been a standard reason to remove people from player groups since the dawn of player groups. You'll always have clans/guilds/etc that don't care, and ones that kick you out for not playing for 3 days, and ones that kick you out after not logging in for a month, etc etc.... 

If you think it's bad that playing the game normally results in oil, and people might be expected to log in every few days and play the game, then you'd have an absolute stroke over the guild XP system in EverQuest 2 when that launched. You only got guild XP if you did these repetitive missions from a specific NPC, the entire guild could see how much each person was contributing, guild XP degraded over time so to keep the highest tier rewards active you had to keep grinding forever or the XP would decay and you'd lose levels... it was a nightmare. Like it was designed by a sociopath. 

This? This is nothing. 

Edited by TTK_Aegis

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,505 posts
7,383 battles

Aegis is right, this actually seems pretty mild..

As for the clan size, I think it was smart to keep the size small, and to make it a grind to expand.  This will give a larger number of different clans when Clan/Team battles come around.  Yes, you might end up battling your own people, but the more teams we have, the shorter the wait times for battles.. 

Folks who played the old team battle mode might remember the ridiculous wait times...

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
13 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Non-participation has been a standard reason to remove people from player groups since the dawn of player groups. You'll always have clans/guilds/etc that don't care, and ones that kick you out for not playing for 3 days, and ones that kick you out after not logging in for a month, etc etc.... 

If you think it's bad that playing the game normally results in oil, and people might be expected to log in every few days and play the game, then you'd have an absolute stroke over the guild XP system in EverQuest 2 when that launched. You only got guild XP if you did these repetitive missions from a specific NPC, the entire guild could see how much each person was contributing, guild XP degraded over time so to keep the highest tier rewards active you had to keep grinding forever or the XP would decay and you'd lose levels... it was a nightmare. Like it was designed by a sociopath. 

This? This is nothing. 

Yeah, we have a few people that haven't been on for quite some time and as far as I know they haven't informed the clan that they can't play right now. Gladly I am not one of the people that have to make that decision and we may need to institute a play or leave rule but being a rather casual group that wouldn't be  an onerous amount.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, we have a few people that haven't been on for quite some time and as far as I know they haven't informed the clan that they can't play right now. Gladly I am not one of the people that have to make that decision and we may need to institute a play or leave rule but being a rather casual group that wouldn't be  an onerous amount.

There's such a huge difference between groups that people should be able to find what fits them. I mean, I've seen guilds in WoW range from never kicking anyone out ever because having hundreds of names on the roster made them feel good, to the top 3 guilds in the world that would kick you out if you weren't at the new level cap within 48 hours of the new expansion releasing, no excuses, because they expected you to take vacation days from work to make this happen. 

Don't like how much a clan asks of you? Just find one that asks for less. 

Edited by TTK_Aegis
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
Just now, TTK_Aegis said:

There's such a huge difference between groups that people should be able to find what fits them. I mean, I've seen guilds in WoW range from never kicking anyone out ever because having hundreds of names on the roster made them feel good, too the top 3 guilds in the world that would kick you out if you weren't at the new level cap within 48 hours of the new expansion releasing, no excuses, because they expected you to take vacation days from work to make this happen. 

Don't like how much a clan asks of you? Just find one that asks for less. 

This, playing with people you like being with is the number one thing you should think of when you join a clan. Spend some time with them in their voice chat while playing with them and both sides will quickly know if you are a good fit.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles

For some, the only reason to join a clan is because there are benefits and discounts. Being told you have to make a minimum of this and that is ludicrous, at least for me it is. I may join or make a Clan but it won't be an overbearing one. Maybe one where the only requirement is that you join it.

A lot of the poll questions would have been answered differently because of my normal playing habits. I answered them as if they were a Clan requirement that would be enforced. For instance the how many containers question. I get 15 or more containers a week on average, anyway, but wouldn't join a Clan that demanded it.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

For some, the only reason to join a clan is because there are benefits and discounts. Being told you have to make a minimum of this and that is ludicrous, at least for me it is. I may join or make a Clan but it won't be an overbearing one. Maybe one where the only requirement is that you join it.

It depends on what those minimums are. Simply asking your people to be active in the game, for example play a half dozen games each month isn't ludicrous. Heck if the clan you join requires a 55% W/R you knew that going in.

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It depends on what those minimums are. Simply asking your people to be active in the game, for example play a half dozen games each month isn't ludicrous. Heck if the clan you join requires a 55% W/R you knew that going in.

Ludicrous might have been a harsh word to use and for most Clans my normal playing habits would be just fine. I just don't like being told that I have to do anything. So yeah ludicrous might not be the right word but even if the clan demanded 30 games a month, which I do 5 times over or more. I would be disinclined to acquiesce joining the Clan.

I thought this kind of fits with the talk like a Pirate day deal.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

This is my opinion too but once the clans start to take off the demands will come. Player x isn't putting as much oil in the kitty as me type of bickering. I will say if a player joins a clan  There should be a lock in for player retention 30 oil and the member can not be removed from said clan without full refund of oil gathered by said player. If the player quits there is zero refund. I see the abuse possibilities without remorse. Clans should not be work camps or slave labor. With the Clan leadership as it stands the player base does not have a say so.The full refund policy would keep this at bay. Players who don't fit won't lose the Oil they produce because of clashes.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This is my opinion too but once the clans start to take off the demands will come. Player x isn't putting as much oil in the kitty as me type of bickering. I will say if a player joins a clan  There should be a lock in for player retention 30 oil and the member can not be removed from said clan without full refund of oil gathered by said player. If the player quits there is zero refund. I see the abuse possibilities without remorse. Clans should not be work camps or slave labor. With the Clan leadership as it stands the player base does not have a say so.The full refund policy would keep this at bay. Players who don't fit won't lose the Oil they produce because of clashes.

That is a terrific Idea. I also think that non Clan players should  accrue oil too. I am not (there should be a contraction for that word Amn't) quite sure if you have to be in a Clan to get oil or not. Do Players without a clan get OIL?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

That is a terrific Idea. I also think that non Clan players should  accrue oil too. I am not (there should be a contraction for that word Amn't) quite sure if you have to be in a Clan to get oil or not. Do Players without a clan get OIL?

Players should all have oil even non clan members,this I do not know, But when in a clan the numbers of contributions appear first in the stats page. The Clan benefits from this if a player has a verbal argument with any member of the internal cliche he could be removed from the Clan.  The clan would still benefit from the player. If the Oil comes and goes with the player then there is a check and balance to greed in some form. The removal of a player has consequences. As it stands now there are zero consequences to the clan Leadership.