You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Best Tiers for fun

42 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
1,996 posts
18,433 battles

I have all the Tier 10's except for CV's Shima and Zao. Almost 11K random battles. I had a new member of my clan ask what are the funnest tier to play. For me it's tier 4,7,9 and 10. 4 because protected match making makes Izy clubbing a blast. Tier 7 one word Belfast. Tier 9 St Louis, Z-46, Fletcher and Missouri are all fun to play and tier 10 Hindenburg, Yami and Z-52. 

So if you got to a point where you were done grinding what tiers would you most likely hang out at just to have fun?

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

For me personally, I love Tier 8 because a lot of my favorite ships are there, and I don't mind having to play more defensively when tiered up.

I also enjoy Tier 10 solely for Yamato and how much fun lolpen can be. 

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles

I have a hoot in tier 3-4-5-6. I play cruisers. I have fun.  Just no desire to go higher as of now.  May try tier 7 but I am not convinced the high tiers are anymore fun but if you like it waaay up there more power to ya!  Also...I am a cheap old fart. Yup. Moreover if I can suck good in tier 4 think how my suckery would be in tier 10!  :Smile_sad:  I could probably win more if I picked up one of the OP DDs or really got into BBs but I just like action I get with cruisers. 

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 2

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Best tiers for fun in general are tier 7 and 10 because of how MM works and tier population sizes.  There are also certain tier 9 ships that work well, but not all of them.

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
2 minutes ago, Veksha said:

Best tiers for fun in general are tier 7 and 10 because of how MM works and tier population sizes.  There are also certain tier 9 ships that work well, but not all of them.

So you recommend tier 7?  What cruiser do you recommend in that tier? 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

4  then any ship you find fun playing.    7 isn't bad.  if you want a best cruiser, i would say algerie if you are good at dodging/long range shooting.   fiji otherwise.

Edited by centarina

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles

I have the Pensacola at T7, the Ognevoi T8 doesn't count as I got it in the DD split. Otherwise, I'm at T5 & T6 on almost everything thing else. I find T5 fun, even if uptiered. I play mostly PvE, but when I play PvP I don't mind bottom tier either.

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
7 minutes ago, dmckay said:

If you can get one, I would recommend Belfast.  As far as regular tree goes, Myoko was pretty fun.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles

Tier 8-10, even though tier 8 gets frakked by MM quite often. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,308 battles

For me it is 4-7-8-10

There are many ships I like (too many to count) but these stand out from the tree and prems

Clemson - Fiji - Z-23 - Montana

Yubari - Belfast - Kutuzov

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,748 posts
6,713 battles
35 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

So if you got to a point where you were done grinding what tiers would you most likely hang out at just to have fun?

Seven is the most fun.

Also ten and sometimes four. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,204 battles

4, and 7 thru 10

5 if you have any of the Kamikaze DD's

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,505 posts
7,374 battles

T7 is fun.  I like my Scarnhorst.  Belfast is a great T7 CA, as is it's tech tree counterpart, Fiji.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,038 posts
12,523 battles

8 and 10.

7 would be the sweet spot, except non-premium cruisers are crap at that tier.

6 and lower, I get too angry that the shells don't go where I aim (which, of course, is by design).

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,029 posts
5,231 battles

Tier is kinda poor metric to judge things by. Unless you are looking for places to regularly be the top tier then its all about the ship and if you look at people's responses you can see that is pretty ture.

"I like X tier because X ship" is what the majority of the replies are. 

So the optimal tiers are 4 - 7 - 10 but the most "fun tiers" are up to the player. A few months ago a lot of people would have said they enjoyed Tier 5, now hardly anyone would say that because of match maker. Playing Kamikaze was not "fun" but it was rewarding and everyone "loved" those ships. Now after the match making changes you hardly see them. 

My favorite ships in the game are pretty much all Tier 8. 

Members
160 posts
3,696 battles

I still like tier 5, but yeah.. the MM is annoying.

Still I feel like the ships are most balanced against same tier ships at tier 5.. there really isn't a ship in the tier that I just can't enjoy playing. Getting matched against tier 7's isn't really a big deal, because there are always other tier 5's in the match also.. just seek and destroy.. if you can't find them, stick with the bigger ships and support them. It really isn't too tough.  I also think I learned a lot playing tier 5 against tier 7's.

To be fair though, the highest tier ship I have is tier 8 (I have the Og and New Orleans)most of my ship lines are up at tier 7 now.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
11 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

A few months ago a lot of people would have said they enjoyed Tier 5, now hardly anyone would say that because of match maker.

I still like T5, even in my occasional PvP games. When I'm bottom tier, I look at it as a challenge, not a disaster.

Members
1,547 posts
9,817 battles

5-7   The higher tiers after that point start becoming more expensive on repairs and the fun factor also drops as you go up to tier 10. You will find high tier team BBs camping at the very back of the map along with many long range cruisers. 

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles

Most fun tiers? 7 and 10. 8 and 9 almost always are dragged into fighting 10s. 5 and 6 always are up tiered. So 7 and 4 are my 2 picks.

Members
17,785 posts
5,084 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Yes.

They're all good IMO. How do you like to play?

Members
17,785 posts
5,084 battles

I like Tiers 3-9, but only because any ships I have below 7 (except DDs and RN BBs) are keepers, and the 4 T5s I have (Omaha, KBerg, Konig, and Kongo) are fun even if uptiered a little too often.

Beta Testers
290 posts
1,753 battles

Tier 5. 

Play the Kamikaze and sink 2-3 BBs, then play the Kamikze R and sink 2-3 BBs, then play the Fujin and sink 2-3 BBs.

Being up tiered doesn't really matter in those ships. 

Only a few enemies will have radar, sonar etc, so not so many things to worry about.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,038 posts
12,523 battles
16 minutes ago, BurglarOfBanff_ff said:

Only a few enemies will have radar, sonar etc, so not so many things to worry about.

Except the plague of AS Bogues.