You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Do you hoard xp and elite commander xp

30 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,898 battles

Are you one of those players who keeps saying one day i will have myself a bigger fleet so you never convert xp or commander elite xp?

Or maybe you are thinking hey sometime in the future they may offer something that i will need all this for?

I happen to be one of those and yes i have plans for the majority of it.

59c298c5dba54_commanderxp.thumb.png.bcd06191cf2ec91a70165f94e32918ac.png

xp.thumb.png.7c98c972f743179fef8f4d3f03a4e85a.png

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
5,287 battles

I noticed last night I was at almost 1.5m commander XP.  I tend to forget about them but I can see them as a nice way to buy that final 19th point for a captain or two in the near future :)

[R-F]
Members
677 posts
6,188 battles

How many battles did you play before you decided you had enough ships?  Given enough time, I have an interest in taking every single line to tier 10... so I don't see myself running out of elite XP any time soon.  You've played like 5,000 more battles than me though...

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,116 battles

I save elite commander xp for leveling up captains on ships I use a lot and like playing to 19 points. The way I see it, it's investing that elite xp to gain even more in the long run.  I'll also use it to boost a new ship's captain to 10 points.

[HELLS]
Members
1,692 posts
15,333 battles

Nope. I grind elite XP and use it to bring my captain's skill levels up faster using my 19-pointers in premium ships where they get more of it faster. I use flags freely when I get enough of them to add to the totals from my daily containers or as mission rewards. Same for cammos. Free XP I may use for captain skills, but I tend to use it for ship improvements research and grinding tech tree ships faster. Right now I am grinding elite XP for another 19-point RN captain and free XP for Des Moines and Nelson.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,898 battles
2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

How many battles did you play before you decided you had enough ships?  Given enough time, I have an interest in taking every single line to tier 10... so I don't see myself running out of elite XP any time soon.  You've played like 5,000 more battles than me though...

My goal is to end up with at least 1 tier X from each nation. 

The elite xp i tend to use to level Admiral Yamamoto to 19pts when i get him in late November since it looks like he will already be at the 15 point level.

Members
271 posts
9,468 battles

No, I pretty much use free-XP (for upgrading stock hulls and such) and elite-XP as fast as they roll in. Sitting on it isn't helping me at all...

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i have lot of unconverted elite XP since I am too cheap to convert,  but i do use my commander xp .  price of having lot of ships.     lol.   

[TAZ]
Members
393 posts

Currently have 19 pointers in 22 of 39 vessels: I level the Captains up as soon as I have enough Elite XP. Lowest point captain in the fleet is a 13 pointer on Anshan.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,218 posts
8,804 battles

I horde gold/doubloons so that means I effectively horde experience.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles

I had a small sum of elite commander XP.  But then british line came out and I didn't have enough dubloons to retrain the captains so i've been using a bit of it.  Hopefully next month after bills are done I'll be able to buy the Harakaze bundle and stock back up on dubloons and maybe convert some free XP for Nelson. 

[KP]
Members
2,006 posts
18,484 battles

I have 22 19Pt captains so no I don't horde it. I use it to Max out the Captains in ships I enjoy playing mainly my T4, 7 and 9 and 10 captains

[RIPQP]
Members
3,708 posts
14,557 battles

Free XP comes easy and despite using it to unlock modules so I don't play stock ships I just get more and more so no converting needed there (what are commas?). 

As for elite commander XP.. well.. I play until I have 1 500 000 - 2 000 000 and then dump it on a baby captain to get him to 19 points. Rinse and repeat.

HP8hEZT.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,218 posts
8,804 battles

My best captain is only 16 so no elite experience. I am getting there slowly but surely but it takes time as I don't generally grind ships once I have the first win.

[WNSTN]
Members
0 posts
4,594 battles

I use my Elite Commander XP to accelerate training of other Skippers. I would never convert it to ship XP.

I don't by doubloons to convert ship XP either. Waste of money in my book

I am saving my Free XP for the Missouri, to alleviate my credit shortage. Have used some in the past to get out of stock modules for a few ships, but now I'm saving up, currently at 640k.

Good luck and fair seas. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,655 posts
17,300 battles
38 minutes ago, centarina said:

i have lot of unconverted elite XP since I am too cheap to convert,  but i do use my commander xp .  price of having lot of ships.     lol.   

Same.  Commander XP is useful.  One of my primary uses for it is retraining captains to new ships.  I'll pay the money to get him half retrained, then use the CO XP for the other half.

As for unconverted elite XP, same as you.  It costs real money to convert, and it's none too cheap either.  Even if they had one of those 35 to 1 sales on free XP conversion, it's still damned costly.  And I'd have to have one outstanding reason to justify doing it.

Honestly, I still wish that WoWS would incorporate the WoT system of converting XP earned on elite tanks (and premium tanks, IIRC) into more commander's XP earned for the commander of those ships, even if it was only on a 10 for 1 ration, like it is in WoT, IIRC.  Some have said that they wouldn't do that because it'd hurt their income.  How's that?  If I don't intend on converting it anyways, how are they losing money from a person like me?  Besides, I already have a big pile of unconverted XP already built up that I could convert if I really wanted to.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Same.  Commander XP is useful.  One of my primary uses for it is retraining captains to new ships.  I'll pay the money to get him half retrained, then use the CO XP for the other half.

As for unconverted elite XP, same as you.  It costs real money to convert, and it's none too cheap either.  Even if they had one of those 35 to 1 sales on free XP conversion, it's still damned costly.  And I'd have to have one outstanding reason to justify doing it.

Honestly, I still wish that WoWS would incorporate the WoT system of converting XP earned on elite tanks (and premium tanks, IIRC) into more commander's XP earned for the commander of those ships, even if it was only on a 10 for 1 ration, like it is in WoT, IIRC.  Some have said that they wouldn't do that because it'd hurt their income.  How's that?  If I don't intend on converting it anyways, how are they losing money from a person like me?  Besides, I already have a big pile of unconverted XP already built up that I could convert if I really wanted to.

they could still profit if they make it cheaper in gold to convert free xp but cost more in elite xp..  

for example:  

25:1   vs   200:1  but it cost you 10x in XP .     for example,     100,000 free xp cost you 4000 gold currently.   i will not do that.  however,      I would be more willing to convert  100,000 free xp conversion for 500 gold even if it cost me 1mil elite xp, just to reduce some of more painful grind. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,110 posts
9,224 battles

Yes. I nearly never spend money to convert XP into free XP. Silly to pay for something that is free but I admit on rare occasions I can be silly.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,550 battles

I don't see much of reason to hoard elite commander xp, unless you just don't like having 19pt captains. I'm constantly using my elite commander xp to train up new captains. I have 28 19pt captains right now.

[WSU]
Members
1,494 posts
9,677 battles

I have 725K free XP and over 650K captain XP....does that make me a hoarder??? No, that just makes me 25K free XP away from a Missouri and lots of captain XP for a new USN BB captain

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,949 posts
8,818 battles

Paging Smaug.... I mean, @Lord_Zath...

• Cool 1