You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bandits86

Don't play too passive

33 comments in this topic

[ADAPT]
Members
803 posts
12,734 battles

Please for frak sake,some people especially bb player,dont juat snipe. Stop asking to dd to cap and leave them alone. Dont toxic the chat when dd dont cap because of no support.

Is there anything that can change the mind of player to not just sit in spawn 10 minutes battles or never even get close to cap. Yes you can shoot 20km or more. But ever wonder sometime when the result exp after battlea you in below ranking.

Please play more actively. Tq

Concern player.miaw haizzzzz

Ps : shoot the damn british cruiser if you see while you in bb.1 hit all it take to severely damage it.

Edited by bandits86
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
5 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

Ps : shoot the damn british cruiser if you see while you in bb.1 hit all it take to severely damage it.

Um.....what? :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I rarely see BBs spawn point sniping anymore. What I do see a /lot/ are people chickening out on a push and turning around, abandoning the BB that was pushing with them to be focused down. I also see a lot of people yell at BBs to tank damage as if we can control who the enemy shoots at.
As a BB main, my typical tactic is simple...  if I spawn near DDs, I follow them and support their cap efforts by preying on cruisers. If I don't spawn near DDs, I push the flank I'm nearest with the other ships on that side of the map. If the entire team on my side lemmings over to the other side, I join them because there's no point in trying to push a flank solo in a ship that can be seen from space. 

And that's pretty much it. Works more often than not.

• Cool 7

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,106 posts
9 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I rarely see BBs spawn point sniping anymore. What I do see a /lot/ are people chickening out on a push and turning around, abandoning the BB that was pushing with them to be focused down. I also see a lot of people yell at BBs to tank damage as if we can control who the enemy shoots at.

This isn't really new... and is probably what leads to BB players hanging back to begin with.

Only thing that changes is who it's popular to blame...

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
12 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

This isn't really new... and is probably what leads to BB players hanging back to begin with.

Only thing that changes is who it's popular to blame...

I once got yelled at by a cruiser player who was hugging my hull so close I was afraid I'd shoot through his superstructure. He got taken out by another BB and then went on a tirade in chat about how I was "using him as a shield". The whole time I was muttering to myself about how I wished he'd go away but he thought I was using him as a shield. Amazing. 

[KNTAI]
2,106 posts
Just now, TTK_Aegis said:

I once got yelled at by a cruiser player who was hugging my hull so close I was afraid I'd shoot through his superstructure. He got taken out by another BB and then went on a tirade in chat about how I was "using him as a shield". The whole time I was muttering to myself about how I wished he'd go away but he thought I was using him as a shield. Amazing. 

If it helps. Try playing a CV sometime. No other class is held so solely accountable for the outcome of the match...

DDs, get yelled at for smoking or not smoking, or not capping even when it would be suicide, etc etc.

Cruisers (RN CLs in particular)... get yelled at for smoking up because, I don't know, it's not like pretty much every ship in the match can oneshot you...

etc. And if it's not that just get blamed for not reading someone's mind and making the exact play they wanted you to make. So it goes...

[WOLF5]
Members
1,475 posts
2,041 battles
37 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

My BB hits RN CL. Knocks off all but 3K HP.

Call for team members to finish him off

No one does. RN CL disappears.

When next spotted, said CL is on half HP wrecking DD that didn't finish him off when he was really low.

It's happened way too many times.

[TF16B]
Members
8,014 posts
16,964 battles
42 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

36 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Um.....what? :Smile_amazed:

Badly said, but the intent/sentiment is understood... After Belfast; the high-tier RN cruisers are an evil of Ragnarockian proportions that must be stamped mercilessly from the universe; more so even than destroyers...

42 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

Yes you can shoot 20km or more. But ever wonder sometime when the result exp after battlea you in below ranking.

Hesitated a bit, then decided to not lemming with the mob and wound up pushing through C on Hotspot with a Konigsburg and actually broke into the enemy spawn area...

...lemming train dinked around North of A, never pushed down, or supported the few agressive ships trying to cap B, and were picked off one by one until my Bayern and the Konigs were all that were left...

...oddly enough; the two of us had top scores on that team...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
1 minute ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

If it helps. Try playing a CV sometime. No other class is held so solely accountable for the outcome of the match...

DDs, get yelled at for smoking or not smoking, or not capping even when it would be suicide, etc etc.

Cruisers (RN CLs in particular)... get yelled at for smoking up because, I don't know, it's not like pretty much every ship in the match can oneshot you...

etc. And if it's not that just get blamed for not reading someone's mind and making the exact play they wanted you to make. So it goes...

This is pretty much why I don't play CVs in Random yet. I don't feel like I'm good enough with the CV interface to inflict myself on my team. I would love to see CVs be subject to skill-based matchmaking, because lopsided CV player skill is, in my opinion, one of the greatest sources of blowout games. 

I've certainly experienced the "go cap that" rage as a DD player as well. I like the IJN line, but I know I'm not going to out knife fight gunboats in most of them, let alone 2 v 1. I've had someone spaz out on me for not fighting two Russian DDs for a cap, solo, in an IJN DD before. 

[KNTAI]
2,106 posts

I've had someone spaz out on me for not fighting two Russian DDs for a cap, solo, in an IJN DD before. 

Hehe, there you go. Really any pvp game experiences stuff like this. At worst, disable chat and carry on...

re: CV skill based MM: CV queues can already hit 30min+ (or sometimes even 45min+) under certain nonideal circumstances (off peak, less populated tiers). Even if they did add a skill based criterion for matching, it would probably end up ignored thanks to queue times.

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

had a game yesterday where the team decided to cap B C.  I was initially excited to be on a team that communicated, but what transpired was once our BB's got to the points they sat well behind them and made no effort to cap.  As I primarily play BB's I was extremely disappointed that no one else even made an effort to actually get in the cap.  now 6 minutes into the game the enemy team has all three points and those of us that thought we were actually capping B and C (instead of sitting outside of them) were long dead.  match ended as a total loss.  

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
3 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

CV queues can already hit 30min+ (or sometimes even 45min+) under certain nonideal circumstances (off peak, less populated tiers).

Wow, really? I rarely play off peak hours let alone CVs so that's surprising...  man, that's torturous.

[KNTAI]
2,106 posts

Wow, really? I rarely play off peak hours let alone CVs so that's surprising...  man, that's torturous.

It's effectively "Don't play high tier CVs (sometimes midtier if the CV population's on a down end of a cycle) at off peak times."

[SPTR]
Members
3,454 posts
5,649 battles

BBs camping? Blame the concealment/HE spam meta.

59c29c8e68516_ScreenShot2017-09-20at12_51_08.thumb.png.e28483145b637ccf1c764d682b55543f.png

I do alright in my Iowa, and I can only achieve this for being a GIANT, FU*KING, PUS*Y.

You will never see me closer than 13km away from a capture point.

Why? I don't want to do it! Sniping is boring and I feel like it's a humiliation to me as a bb main!

But I cannot possibly succeed without doing it! My shell takes forever to reach the target, and my only hope of hitting is for the cruisers to not see me coming. If I'm spotting and getting focused at, I burn brighter than a Christmas tree before I got torped into oblivion while forced to reverse and bow tank.

If I camp and stay undetected, my impact on the game sky-rockets. Cruisers are derped out of the water one shot because they don't even know they are being shot at, and I can survive till late game where finally where I can afford to push.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
8 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

It's effectively "Don't play high tier CVs (sometimes midtier if the CV population's on a down end of a cycle) at off peak times."

No wonder higher tier CVs get so salty if they go down early. They spent all that time just waiting to play. 

Members
932 posts
5,667 battles
1 hour ago, bandits86 said:

Please for frak sake,some people especially bb player,dont juat snipe. Stop asking to dd to cap and leave them alone. Dont toxic the chat when dd dont cap because of no support.

Is there anything that can change the mind of player to not just sit in spawn 10 minutes battles or never even get close to cap. Yes you can shoot 20km or more. But ever wonder sometime when the result exp after battlea you in below ranking.

Please play more actively. Tq

Concern player.miaw haizzzzz

Don't yolo the grammar.

[KNTAI]
2,106 posts
11 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

BBs camping? Blame the concealment/HE spam meta.

59c29c8e68516_ScreenShot2017-09-20at12_51_08.thumb.png.e28483145b637ccf1c764d682b55543f.png

I do alright in my Iowa, and I can only achieve this for being a GIANT, FU*KING, PUS*Y.

You will never see me closer than 13km away from a capture point.

Why? I don't want to do it! Sniping is boring and I feel like it's a humiliation to me as a bb main!

But I cannot possibly succeed without doing it! My shell takes forever to reach the target, and my only hope of hitting is for the cruisers to not see me coming. If I'm spotting and getting focused at, I burn brighter than a Christmas tree before I got torped into oblivion while forced to reverse and bow tank.

If I camp and stay undetected, my impact on the game sky-rockets. Cruisers are derped out of the water one shot because they don't even know they are being shot at, and I can survive till late game where finally where I can afford to push.

I would definitely agree that it's game mechanics that encourage... maybe not passive, but definitely 'cautious' play.

I also learned the hard way, and that I had to stop being so push happy in BBs. Though, obviously, you can't be too far on the cautious end either... but from your stats, it looks like you've found the right line to walk.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles

It's gotten so bad that from this point on, in my new Maas, I'm not pushing a cap unless my team pushes.

Anyone staying more than 4km back is camping, period. Push into the cap as a group and brawl. I'm very tired of "oh no I don't want to push, there's a DD there."

When is WG going to add some changes to make sniping counterproductive? Maybe change so that damage done farther than 15km away doesn't count for any rewards. Boom, BBs cannot snipe anymore without wasting credits. Or that you cannot see the DD unless you get within its detection range (CA w/ radar excepted).

I don't know! It's a stinking player problem with self-preservation. Until they grow out of it, it's going to be a thorn.

7 posts
594 battles

Only up to t5-6 BB's, and I rarely will play my IJN DD, and one cruiser.

So I guess I'm a 'BB-[edited]'.

If I go slowly forward, I get yelled at for not pushing.

If I push forward, I get yelled at for pushing.

If I push forward with a group, the group either melts and I'm left to burn/flood, or they turn around and leave me alone to burn/flood.

If I stay in the back with a Fuso I get yelled at.

If I go anywhere near a red ship in the Bayern I get yelled at.

Basically I get yelled at...and blamed for every loss.  Doesn't matter how well I play.

I've been yelled at while firing at the last living enemy cruiser in my Ark. B, while already sporting a Kraken and having taken 1k damage. 

'You're angled wrong' 'FIRE HE OMG' 'We're gonna lose **** that BB'

We didn't lose.  I'm getting a little bit tired of the anti-BB brigade.

[WOLF2]
Members
76 posts
6,390 battles

How can you seriously think, a BB, should be up and pounding right in the middle of the cruisers and DD's? We can't turn for crap, we can't stop on a dime, nor speed up quickly, so we get torped, focus burned, and toasted quickly.  In addition, we have you smaller ships bouncing off our hulls, since you are focused in on your guns, firing every 10 seconds, and not watching where you're going while your zig zagging or turning away, or whatever. God forbid a DD goes in front of our bow while we're going full steam, cause you roll over on your side, and just stay there, until we grind to a halt, which then turns me into a sitting duck while I take forever to get back up to speed. Awesome! 

Now, I don't like the 20KM snipers, but I'm gonna stay at the semi-safe distance of 11-15km where I can do effective damage, and I don't go down like the prom queen after 2 drinks. I generally don't want to see anyone isolated back by themselves, and not helping, but if the BB's are within a normal range, and attacking, I see no issue, even when I'm in my DD's or CL/CA.  Its the one who likes to hide at the edge of the map all game, and when the team is wiped out, they're still at full health that I have issue with. If you're never getting targeted and hit because you're so far out, you really are more than likely, not helping. 

[ADAPT]
Members
803 posts
12,734 battles

I often see mostly surely north carolina missouri or iowa play chickenly.stop shoot reverse to the far side.miaw.do they even enjoy playing like that.if near cap i wont tqlk sh:t. But nah too many of them lately. 

Sometime i see bismark and the german grobers do that.i report them instantly.

Now you wonder, have i play like that too.nope never .chicken sh:t not my style.i really like fireworks from secondary. But end up dead early. 

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
3 hours ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Got yelled at last night (and blamed for the loss) for not getting around an island fast enough to get into the fight, despite the fact that it was only me in my stock FdG and an Izumo in a Tier 10 match, (mostly Tier 10s) we were sailing towards a huge multi-ship smoke cloud with a Shima in it somewhere, I had to dodge 2 reloads of said Shima's torps with a 20+ second rudder shift, fired every time the guns were loaded, and brawled (and sank) a Yamato, not to mention tanking over 2 million potential damage.....

Edited by Skpstr

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
1 hour ago, bandits86 said:

I often see mostly surely north carolina missouri or iowa play chickenly.stop shoot reverse to the far side.miaw.do they even enjoy playing like that.

I sure don't. It's one thing to bow in, and maybe reduce speed, but this stopping and backing up stuff bugs me when I see it.

[PT8TO]
Members
277 posts
11,622 battles
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Got yelled at last night (and blamed for the loss) for not getting around an island fast enough to get into the fight, despite the fact that it was only me in my stock FdG and an Izumo in a Tier 10 match, (mostly Tier 10s) we were sailing towards a huge multi-ship smoke cloud with a Shima in it somewhere, I had to dodge 2 reloads of said Shima's torps with a 20+ second rudder shift, fired every time the guns were loaded, and brawled (and sank) a Yamato, not to mention tanking over 2 million potential damage.....

I considered when i "Got yelled and blamed" also "Got Reported" was a part of the "Engaging and challenging game mechanics":cap_book:

and those hate PM's..oh my oh my this game always got me entertained.

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
4 hours ago, TTK_Aegis said:

...What I do see a /lot/ are people chickening out on a push and turning around, abandoning the BB that was pushing with them to be focused down...

This is true. So much so, that I am considering starting to camp rather than push. This is not a case of not paying attention and yoloing, no, team mates come with you on an advance but once the fight starts and you are committed they turn and run. 

Another serious issue is the number of fires. Fires have always been a problem for the battleships that took point in a push as you would get focused by several HE shooting cruisers, but now there are British battleships also shooting HE. Combined this leads to permanents fires, often 2-3 of them, even multiple anti fire captain skills, modules and flags are no enough to survive.

All this is leading me to rethink how I play, possibly the key is to now play more like a cruiser, caution at the start of battle until the number of enemies (number of people that set you on fire) is reduced then once numbers are down push in.

Edited by gloom13