Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Roamer0101

GZ Deep water torps? Anyone see them yet?

10 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
175 posts
2,456 battles

Per the update...

"Deep-water Torpedoes

Deep-water torpedoes were added for the Pan-Asian ships and carrier Graf Zeppelin for testing. These torpedoes can travel at greater depths than standard torpedoes, and can pass beneath a ship without hitting her, depending on the draft." 

Just checked all my GZ ships and dont see them. Anyone else get them?

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Last time test versions of GZ went out, they didn't go out till pretty late in the evening. Give them time to deliver the new versions to port I'd assume. 

Beta Testers
26 posts
841 battles

I wonder if we will be able to mount the torps in game? Like we change ammo, but it restarts the loading timer or something. Or if they will change the loadout...hmm

[DHO-2]
Alpha Tester
656 posts
1,550 battles

Suggest it on FB.

Would also love to be able to switch from HE to AP after dropping payload.

[RKLES]
Members
7,106 posts
8,758 battles

Think a Deep Water Torps are really bad idea because too many players barely have a grasp on game mechanics because they refuse to study any game guides and Deep Water Torps will create a situation where the noobs will be launching Torps at each other's DDs and be oblivious to why they are not hitting each other or worse yet they will attempt to torp an enemy ship the Torps will pass under the target ships  and instead hit an allied ship on other side. 

And then we consider that the game is run by Wargaming... So Deep Water Torps get the added potential to open yet another can of bugs and glitches since they will not just be Torps that they simply edit detection range, speed, and amount of damage, nope the Deep Water ones will have to have new parameters meaning more chances for something to go wrong.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

so.... a version without the strong point of cvs with is killing dds?
graf looks like a lost cause.

Members
304 posts
3,565 battles
On 9/20/2017 at 5:49 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Think a Deep Water Torps are really bad idea because too many players barely have a grasp on game mechanics because they refuse to study any game guides and Deep Water Torps will create a situation where the noobs will be launching Torps at each other's DDs and be oblivious to why they are not hitting each other or worse yet they will attempt to torp an enemy ship the Torps will pass under the target ships  and instead hit an allied ship on other side. 

And then we consider that the game is run by Wargaming... So Deep Water Torps get the added potential to open yet another can of bugs and glitches since they will not just be Torps that they simply edit detection range, speed, and amount of damage, nope the Deep Water ones will have to have new parameters meaning more chances for something to go wrong.

im pretty sure deep water torpedoes will feature different warning icons if the torps wont pose a threat to your ship

[RKLES]
Members
7,106 posts
8,758 battles

One of the pints I am making about Deep Water Torps is Wargaming has not even stabilized the game mechanics they have now and yet they are trying to make something that has yet another set of guidelines and when it comes to Wargaming can just see that turning into a disaster.

Have already seen phantom torpedoes that either were scraping the paint off my hull or somehow passes through center of my hull the full length of my CA and this was back in the last Ranked Season and still never figured out how they did not detonate and they were the normal kind or Torpedoes so with Deep Water Torps the coding is probably going to glitch like crazy.

Of course I am all for making my ships virtually immortal, but would anyone trying to kill me want their torps failing?

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

Someone wanna bet they gonna put deep torpedos em all cvs and say thats was the "re-work"?

Reduce the change of make any diferente in battles [i'm talking about kill dds]

Sign in to follow this