Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OnTheHouse

Graphic-Sound Additions NOT WELCOME

6 comments in this topic

[WSU]
Members
1,494 posts
9,677 battles

Agreed.  I am not thrilled with some of the enhanced graphics regarding explosions because I am now finding it hard to see smaller ships that have just been hit with shells, especially if the ships are sailing towards me....I have to wait a couple of seconds for the effects to dissipate to actually see if/how the ship has changed course.

Regarding sound, it is always a challenge for me to keep the WoWS sound levels high enough to hear communications and warnings but then not get my eardrums blasted by Youtube videos.

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

As someone mentioned back when the new effects were first added, because they do block some of your line of sight, it'll never be an option to turn them off because doing so would grant you an advantage to gameplay. Something something World of Tanks terrain mod that turned off trees and grass or something controversy blah blah... 

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

you can always try the "Compressed textures" mod in Aslain modpack. I hope someone make a Wows version of the famous WOT tweaker mod. It help turn off game effects you do not want, like gun smokes, explosions, trail smokes, ete. 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
4 hours ago, OnTheHouse said:

WG needs to give users a separate slider to turn down/off special effects including sound and vision.

https://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-Glasses-Certified-Shades-filters/dp/B00712I3JA

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-25-acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones-apple-devices.html

that should fix you right up.  

[-K-]
Members
1,069 posts
7,137 battles
5 hours ago, Captain_Dilbert said:

Agreed.  I am not thrilled with some of the enhanced graphics regarding explosions because I am now finding it hard to see smaller ships that have just been hit with shells, especially if the ships are sailing towards me....I have to wait a couple of seconds for the effects to dissipate to actually see if/how the ship has changed course.

That's the exact reason it's not configurable.  It affects gameplay.  If it was available, everyone would run on the minimum setting so they could see better.  Which defeats the whole purpose.

Sign in to follow this