You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Sept 19th Q&A

20 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

Lots of good info. Devs said to keep an eye out on the Tokyo Game Show for info about Musashi.

Text version is available in the link.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Alpha Tester
1,946 posts
21 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Lots of god info. Devs said to keep an eye out on the Tokyo Game Show for info about Musashi.

I'm praying that Musashi doesn't become a CW reward!

[SIM]
Members
2,456 posts
4,093 battles

Interesting, no more new CVs until the rework. It sounds like they might be serious about it, this time.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,175 battles
6 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Nah i want her as the Japanese free xp ship. probably in her original configuration with maybe a better repair than the normal Yamato (not RN BB or old Yamato heal levels but better still), a refrence to the beating she took before going down (and even that could have not happened if her engines hadn't died during the beaching attempt).

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,456 posts
3,418 battles
11 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Last I recall, they said she wasn't going to be one as she's wanted by too many, but they didn't know what to do with her.

My guess is a FXP Premium similar to Nelson and Missouri, but with the caveat of requiring ownership of Yamato as well (basically a one-ship branch). Especially if they opt for her 1943 version with the wing 155 turrets (less AA/secondaries), but give her buffs to secondary range (say 8km base) or maneuverability (akin to Alabama; including a 0.1 sigma reduction) in exchange. Maybe give her Yamato's old Super Repair Party while they're at it too.

Edited by YamatoA150

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,240 battles
9 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Me too, not that I have much hope. CW is going to have a carrot to entice people.

...although maybe after the Alabama debacle, and signs pointing to the first CW being Tier 8, the first reward may be Massachusetts.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,456 posts
3,418 battles
28 minutes ago, PelicanHazard said:

...although maybe after the Alabama debacle, and signs pointing to the first CW being Tier 8, the first reward may be Massachusetts.

They can have her; her stats are only slightly worse than the Alabama.

There's plenty of other good things in there Q&A as well; such as the possibility of Kitakami coming with Deep Water torps as an option, or the fact that it really does take time to negotiate with Naval Archives (moreso since everyone kept saying it's "easy"), the USN CL Line split is actually now in the early stages, Kidd being effectively dead in the water, and the possibility of a full Swedish line while the Dutch share with some other Europeans.

What I do find a little disappointing is that Super Akizuki is currently set as a Premium, instead of as a T9 IJN DD despite acknowledging the fact that they need to finish the last two tiers and that it was a mistake releasing the line incomplete. Then again, since Super Akizuki is a paper design, WG could create one as a Premium and another as a T9, with the T9 line version either being the Tzoli version or some other Hyper Akizuki. Then use the post-war Akizuki for T10; just trading out the anti-sub equipment for more main guns.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,199 posts
2,029 battles
Just now, Big_Spud said:

Man, if people thought there were too many Missouris, just wait for Musashi...

Oh, god help us. They better be seriously hard to get.

[FDK]
Members
1,071 posts
6,048 battles

For a moment, I thought that you were making references to the recent earthquake on Mexico City

Edited by Xwing_Red1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,456 posts
3,418 battles
14 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Oh, god help us. They better be seriously hard to get.

I have 1.5M XP just waiting to be converted, after spending my available FXP from regular play on finishing the grind to Conqueror for the Anniversary. I also own a Yamato and am not entirely a Potato with one. I'm ready. :cap_win:

Just release her for FXP WG; and I will fork over the cash. Day 1 purchase.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,199 posts
2,029 battles
21 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I have 1.5M XP just waiting to be converted, after spending my available FXP from regular play on finishing the grind to Conqueror for the Anniversary. I also own a Yamato and am not entirely a Potato with one. I'm ready. :cap_win:

Just release her for FXP WG; and I will fork over the cash. Day 1 purchase.

I mean, getting a Yammy without going through Izumo... what's not to like lol

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,456 posts
3,418 battles
5 hours ago, Phoenix_jz said:

I mean, getting a Yammy without going through Izumo... what's not to like lol

That it could potentially be slightly inferior to Yamato depending on configuration and gimmicks, if any. The only thing that would ever make her better than Yamato regardless of configuration is giving her better maneuverability; closer to what she had. Say at least Alabama's level of maneuverability, at the slight cost of 0.1 Sigma like Alabama, (or if it's the 1943 config, at the loss of a sizable amount of AA/secondaries instead).

While I personally wouldn't mind much what config she takes, it's unlikely WG would market an FXP without a solid advantage over the nearest line equivalent. Nelson had Hyper Heal and troll-worthy HE. Missouri gets Radar. Musashi will definitely get something(s) to make her worth the price, even if she ends up min-maxing towards anti-ship rather than all-around annihilator.

Edited by YamatoA150

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
15 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

That it could potentially be slightly inferior to Yamato depending on configuration and gimmicks, if any. The only thing that would ever make her better than Yamato regardless of configuration is giving her better maneuverability; closer to what she had. Say at least Alabama's level of maneuverability, at the slight cost of 0.1 Sigma like Alabama, (or if it's the 1943 config, at the loss of a sizable amount of AA/secondaries instead).

While I personally wouldn't mind much what config she takes, it's unlikely WG would market an FXP without a solid advantage over the nearest line equivalent. Nelson had Hyper Heal and troll-worthy HE. Missouri gets Radar. Musashi will definitely get something(s) to make her worth the price, even if she ends up min-maxing towards anti-ship rather than all-around annihilator.

Beehive shells? Honestly I'd be fine if Musashi was a slightly differently configured Yamato, I'm so tired of gimmicks.

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,278 battles
28 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

Beehive shells? Honestly I'd be fine if Musashi was a slightly differently configured Yamato, I'm so tired of gimmicks.

It wont have AP shells but it's HE will be better than conq. 

It also won't have a repair but instead will have 2x the HP of GK. 

Also it will get smoke and hydro.

It's plane will be a bomber.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,456 posts
3,418 battles
1 hour ago, DeliciousFart said:

That was in the Q&A as a possible general IJN weapon shell type, but not one they're actively working on right now as main guns were not coded to be able to "fire" upon aircraft (ie switching to Sanshikis and just firing in the direction of incoming aircraft and potentially melting down a few). They would be great flamethrowers vs ships though; 100% chance of Fires (before modifiers); just no actual shell damage.

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

That was in the Q&A as a possible general IJN weapon shell type, but not one they're actively working on right now as main guns were not coded to be able to "fire" upon aircraft (ie switching to Sanshikis and just firing in the direction of incoming aircraft and potentially melting down a few). They would be great flamethrowers vs ships though; 100% chance of Fires (before modifiers); just no actual shell damage.

Hopefully it won't be guaranteed fires because that can potentially be very broken in a similar manner as Conqueror. Unless they're willing to rework fire mechanics, they have to be careful when balancing those shells.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
2,408 posts
13 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

Musashi in any configuration would have way less AA than the 1945 Yamato we have in game now. Even if she keeps the 155 wing turrets she'd also have worse secondaries since she'd only have 6x2 instead of 12x2 127s, and since those fire HE they're overall more valuable than the AP shooting 155s. Though that could be made up for by giving Musashi HE-spitting 155s and increased secondary range. Or high accuracy secondaries like Graf Zeppelin reputedly got. Another thing that could be done is give her slightly better TDS since the real Musashi took a ludicrous 19 torps before sinking. (And being 1944 those were probably Mark 13 Mod 10 or later with 275kg Torpex warheads, not the much weaker Mark 13 Mod 0A with a 178kg TNT warhead that every USN CV from Bogue to Midway is stuck with in WOWS.)