You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

iChaseGaming: World of Warships - Blatant Cash Grab - Small Clan Sizes

75 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,672 battles

As if we haven't gotten used to that with WG yet...

At least it's not another FREAKING P2W PREMIUM.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,047 battles

I had a bit of sympathy for Chase and used to enjoy his gameplay videos. This one is a bit unhinged. 

• Cool 9

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,976 posts
5,681 battles

I would complain, but I had a friend sitting on $200 worth of doubloons who just decided to create one anyways.

Whales will be whales...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
9 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

wish we could started it at 100... we got huge community's who have ton tons of members and that mean so many sub clans...... like A1/A2/a3/a4/a5/a6/a7/a8/a9/a10 etc.....now u can use oil to increase it to 50 but we should been expanded to 50 with naval bases being added and then work to 100 and more...

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,954 battles

I haven't watched the video yet, but how is earning free oil a cash grab?

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,065 posts
8,847 battles

Oh boy.  You have to earn oil.  I doubt we will be able to buy it.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,799 posts
18,729 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

because we were to start with 100 members in a clan     NOT   50 members  cash and grab !

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,047 battles

We at clan Sea Wolf have about 14 folk, about six of whom play frequently. I find this fine. 

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,954 battles
1 minute ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

because we were to start with 100 members in a clan     NOT   50 members  cash and grab !

But the naval base has available room for expansion beyond the buildings we currently see.  This could always change things in the future for clan size limitations.

[ADOPT]
Members
188 posts
11,801 battles

meh, I don't see him posting anything positive anytime soon, even if it's something that could be considered positive.  I'd hoped he'd lay low for a bit instead of taking this type of stance. Then again in  his "apology" he went and badmouthed the very people he was supposed to apologize to. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,006 battles

I understand the reason for smaller clans, but the amount of oil needed to expand is quite a lot. But his assessment of Pigeon of War's put down post is correct... WG said what they said and did differently. 9 months of waiting for WG to follow up with expanding clan size and now through normal play at half efficiency, clan's will be grinding for 200 days to get to 50.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
557 posts

will clan activities in ships require a full team of 12, or a short team/ranked size of 7? If its only 7, then compare that to 15 for tanks, and a clan that is half the size seems more reasonable.

Also, id be very, very surprised if the current clan base stays the same as it is now. They almost have to be considering adding (over a number of patches) all kinds of expansions to the buildings.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Is having more than 50 active people in a clan really common? I always saw clans/guilds as a group of people you actually like gaming with. Are there really just tons and tons of people that join warm body clans where the point is numbers and not bonding over a fun game?

Back in EverQuest, you needed 70+ people in a raid so yeah your guild had to be enormous to not need a guild alliance, but I've never personally felt like I could really get to know everyone I play with in a group larger than 30. This reaction boggles my mind. Seems like the vast majority of clans will never need to expand their roster cap, while the ones who /do/ need to expand could probably just collect a dollar or two in doubloons from all the members and call it good. 

Or maybe I'm out of touch! How many 100+ player clans are in this game, especially on this server? 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

18 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

It's a cash-grab because Wargaming makes you pay the price of a WoT Clan, when you only get half of one here in WoWs that is why it's a cash-grab. i know for a fact this idiotic choice by Wargaming has caused Clans to fracture and split this was a stupid choice by Wargaming and shows that they are not listening or paying attention to what people are saying.

[PNG]
Beta Testers
2,196 posts

Let me try to clear up some things. Starting a clan costs money (2,500 doobies) or about $15. Tanks and Planes both give you 100 slots for this price. A while back, it was said by the dev (Pigeon_of_War) that the cap in Warships was small due to technical limitations back in May. We can now expand the cap to 50 sometime next year. Someone in our discord did the math. So... say you have a clan of 100 people. You would have to pay double the money for the same capacity. The Warships community is literally being squeezed for double the cash as Tanks or Planes. If you watch the video, you will see the quote from Pigeon_of_War as he tries to say it isn't a "cash grab" back when clans first came to Warships. 

Technical limitations? Fine, adding lines to spreadsheets is hard... but now they can expand the cap. Anything less than equal product for equal pay will get nothing but scorn from me. 

• Cool 5

[ADAPT]
Members
809 posts
12,773 battles

everything must perfect for this wow person f to play?????? i see lot of player without clan than have clan on random battle.does have clan really important ??? can you not play without clan??? mehhh

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,323 battles
1 minute ago, bandits86 said:

everything must perfect for this wow person f to play?????? i see lot of player without clan than have clan on random battle.does have clan really important ??? can you not play without clan??? mehhh

That is not the point. I am currently not in a clan, so technically this does not affect me or you. Still, he does make a good point.

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

From what I could stomach of his video, it comes off as whiny. So what if it doesn't start out at 50 or some other large number. Out of all of the clans currently in existence, how many actually need that number right off the bat? I doubt it's even 10% of total clans. And WG isn't forcing you to buy it just like they don't force you to free XP to tier ten. Just not play the damn game and collect oil like you have to do to just normally play the game.

[-GPS-]
Members
97 posts
7,045 battles

Having 100 spots in a clan is important, ask anyone from tanks. You will always have members that can't make it to clan battles. Having ability to have many players to choose from is important. my Clan is going to be full on day one with this setup. We will probably have to start a sub clan, and that is not the way we want to do things. We all want to be together and this is not going to allow us to do that, and no way to recruit also until we get enough oil to go to upgrade HQ and get more members allowed. 

[ADAPT]
Members
809 posts
12,773 battles

100 player more oil..more fast to level up..damn cant they all be patient on everything..take it slowly..let the game fun a while longer...slow slow la..

its not like today RN come out, and some people already have conqueror..dont do to clan la..take it slow slow

Edited by bandits86

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Sorry, but i have to disagree. Super huge clans are the rarity not the norm. Most will be of the 3-20 player size. Let's face it, if the limit on clan size were 500, someone would complain "why isn't it 1000", if it were 1000, someone would complain "why isn't it 2000". So a small number of clans need to create sub-clans - so what.

I see this not as a cash grab (although creating a clan does require cash and this may be an attempt to get more clans created to increase income), but as more of an attempt to get players to work together. More divisions = more teamwork.

Unfortunately, I suspect that this won't necessarily be the case. Since you get bonuses for being in a clan now, what I see happening is a whole lot of people being in a clan of one. Nevertheless, I kind of like the idea and direction that they are going on this.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,976 posts
5,681 battles

Over in World of Tanks you often had some clans with up to EIGHT subclans, and that was with the 100 cap. I know for a fact that some Warships clans like BOTES have been full for nearly a year at this point.

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,290 battles

Why have a cap at all? Cha-ching is the only answer. Any way to make more money. They know that the bigger the clan is, the better it is for the clan.