Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
calmmyst

Red Triangles

6 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
4,770 battles

Why does the enemy need to see a red Triangles on incomming torpedoes? they should only see green Triangles for friendly fire, or just the torpedo wake they make inbound, from the enemy. there are no Red Triangles of incoming shells fired. Honestly I feel that the torpedo aim assist needs to be done away with, no one gets aim assist on other ships using just guns. 

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,477 battles

There's lock on for guns and torpedos. This sounds like an aim assist, does it?

And it's 

Not

A

Simulator.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,228 posts
6,433 battles

Try to hit a Target at 10km with Torpedoes while using no lead indicator. Go ahead, once you can do that reliably, we can talk.

You can't do it? Then you just found the reason why it's in the game.

You find it ridiculous to rely that heavily on Torpedoes? Play IJN DDs and tell me about their gunboat capabilities.

Any other reason you want to bring?

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,175 battles
44 minutes ago, calmmyst said:

Why does the enemy need to see a red Triangles on incomming torpedoes? they should only see green Triangles for friendly fire, or just the torpedo wake they make inbound, from the enemy. there are no Red Triangles of incoming shells fired. Honestly I feel that the torpedo aim assist needs to be done away with, no one gets aim assist on other ships using just guns. 

wwhIoDu.gif

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles
6 hours ago, calmmyst said:

Honestly I feel that the torpedo aim assist needs to be done away with, no one gets aim assist on other ships using just guns. 

The gunsight gives you a time to target from which you can calculate lead based on speed and course. You can fire a ranging shot if you want to check your lead and know the results in less than 12 seconds. Most guns load in 30 seconds or less. The target has very little time to actually avoid the incoming rounds so a turn may still place the ship in the shotgun spread of RNG. WG decided (correctly) that gun aim indicators made it too easy.

The torp indicator shows you where the ship will be in 20-60 seconds IF its WASD keys are frozen. Torps are slow, and reload slow. A ranging shot is impossible due to the time lag between firing and impact. Targeting parameters will have completely changed by the time the first set gets to target.  In most situations the gray indicator is a guide to where the ship will not be when the torps arrive. Without this guide however, torp hits would be mostly luck so WG decided (correctly, they do get things right occasionally) that some assist is required.

Sign in to follow this