Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Error 404 : brain not found

13 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,643 posts
8,013 battles

Once again, i'm blessed by MM for putting me in games with... questionable team.

It is no surprise that this game have a lot of potatoe but since the WOW 2nd anniversary week end the amount of reta questionable team mate has increased....or rather skyrocket. And i can't even find a T7-9 game as a T8, i'm always against T10.

I think i had all kind of bad team i could have during these recent days :

1-Lemming train protecting the spawn for 19 min. 

2-Fortress Fleet simulation aka Bastion mode reborn behind that lone rock on J10 square.

3-The HE spammer with GK at 25km

4-The 20km Shima sniper 

And all these team share a same and common feature : the Hard Passive Play. I was used to have so much passive play but right now we have reached another level. Now this game is slowly turning into a sniping game where you spawn and you snipe. I can accurately describe every single move that happens in the match :

1-DD are asked to push and cap... and they are actually pushing (well most of them )

2-They meet red DD and start fighting. 80% of the time all DD are quickly killed by either BB or CA.

3-All DD are dead and now here is the tricky part : IF your DD managed to cap at least 2 point, you automatically win the game. IF not...well you lose. 

4-Both team are making choice between 2 option stated above : 1 lemming train protecting spawn / 2 Bastion reborn.

5-I always end up in the team who have no point and as a cruiser i must not push otherwise i will die BUT i can't do any damage to other ship because i lack range.

6-Defeat + losing money.

Seriously, what happened during this week end anniversary ? did WG send some lunar drug or something ? 

• Cool 2

[_AFW_]
Members
973 posts
7,021 battles

You forgot one. 

5- The team gets a cap and the rest of the team heads for that cap and sits in it the rest of the game while the other team caps everything else and wins. 

Edited by Shadow_NA
  • Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
1,643 posts
8,013 battles

Oh yes true . I had game like this but for some reason the ennemi team decide to suicide right after having these 2 cap and sometime we win not because the team played well, but because the ennemi team gave us the win.

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,916 battles
31 minutes ago, Shadow_NA said:

You forgot one. 

5- The team gets a cap and the rest of the team heads for that cap and sits in it the rest of the game while the other team caps everything else and wins. 

SO MUCH THIS !!!!!!!!!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles

Had a lot of fun this weekend as I played a lot of Random in both my accounts.

One account is a 'Wallet Warrior' with T10s, lots of doubs, and every premium ship in the game.  The other is a starving 'Free' account.

Even though I was switching back and forth, playing the exact same ship, I found a stark difference in ship performance.

This weekend, MM was much more mean and cruel to my 'Wallet Warrior' account.  It took 3-4 frustrating missions to achieve any goal.

So I play 3 Cleveland games in one account, then 3 Cleveland games in the other.  The 'Free' account scored more consistent hits, and damages.  Reversed the order for the Dunkerque..  same pattern.

I'm beginning to hate the 'Wallet Warrior' account on the weekends.  I was even forgiven for a ramming TK in the 'free' account, while the 'Wallet Warrior' turned pink (yet another ARP related TK).  -- story: Short range torpedo shot :: Can't miss.  Target detonates -- comes to an IMMEDIATE stop.  Torpedoes miss and travel forever where they are eventually derped into by a friendly DD.

And through it all, if one is pursuing some bizarre objective (like 50K damage in an ARP) instead of winning, MM and RNG will conspire and torture them for a few games.  I've actually accepted this and play the first couple games without even trying for the objectives.  My sanity remains intact longer that way. 

A lot of very experienced folks were going bonkers because they couldn't get two kills with a St Louis in Co-Op.  It's the saltiest I've ever seen Co-Op.

[FML]
Members
1,622 posts
9,879 battles
26 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Had a lot of fun this weekend as I played a lot of Random in both my accounts.

Your avatar.  Is that F-Troop? 

Yikes, I am feeling old. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,133 posts
3 hours ago, Shadow_NA said:

You forgot one. 

Had one team which wasn't even that good.  They all, but 3 of us, went for one cap and instead of taking it hid behind an island outside the cap and stayed there.

[CAST]
Members
1,154 posts
7,147 battles
11 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Had one team which wasn't even that good.  They all, but 3 of us, went for one cap and instead of taking it hid behind an island outside the cap and stayed there.

I think I might have been in that game with you.  LOL.  The one I'm thinking about was a complete lemming train to the west, while 3 of us went east to protect the flank.  Quite a few of the enemy team also went East.  Our West flank just hid and got picked off one at a time even though they outnumbered the enemy at the West cap.

My win rate has plummeted since the start of the weekend.  I haven't recovered, even after the weekend.  I even took out lower tiered ships so that I could carry harder (ie; seal club) just to have a couple good games.  I put up great numbers but still couldn't salvage a win.  In one game, it was close, but a couple of us were doing quite a bit of damage to the other team, so I think we could have won it.  WG said "no, you cannot win!", and detonated my near full health ship from a single DD shot.  That game went down hill from there.  I just packed it in and took some time off.  I'll try again later.

Watching some of the play, some of the players look like they have never played the game before, yet they are in fairly high level ships.

Members
5,576 posts
3,945 battles

Most players are not as serious as you are. They see no reason to use their brains extensively.

Edited by Elegant_Winter

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,366 posts
7,938 battles

To be fair to the GK and Shima, if they are at 25km, German AP usually kinda sucks (usually) and shima if they aim right, can nuke a ship or turn a fleet around.

But they should both still be trying to close the gap, cap, etc, yes, it's an issue when the sit there.

You also forgot every fool who can't grasp the most basic concept of "DO NOT FIRE TORPEDOES IF A SHIP IS IN ANYWAY IN FRONT AND ISN'T RED". Had one of these launch from 15km back, I turn into the enemy TB attack to mostly defeat it and bounce the other BB I'm engaged with's rounds, and then here the infamous torp approach sound and see the tell tale sign of friendly torps that hit and killed me. Basically left with an option had I'd even known he fired them, of either die to his torps, or die to the enemies, which, this :etc_swear: is why I say we need to remove team torp damage from this game because there are too many of these unthinking fools. I get it, I don't use a ton of my brainpower because I play for fun, and to relax, much as I wanna win. I at least use enough to not hit teammates with torpedoes, albeit this last week I hit friendly ships with stray torps after hitting a target with my CV twice after they did things I didn't think they'd do. Still 100% on me in both cases, I didn't expect them to flank around the island on the mostly dead ship and the other, I just never saw his ship.

Also, yeah, I gave up and regardless, cruiser, BB, this point if all I had is a row boat my teams hard camping I say screw it and charge and try and take the cap. Worst case scenario, I get deleted back to port and out of a match I don't want to be in, best case, I survive because while leading the charge my team actually grows a spine and follows me in. Had one the other day I basically took a cap from a DD, BB and ships outside with the eventual help of a DD in an Edinborough. Which was lost soon after because while the DD was gone, the Iowa, Yammy, and others wouldn't push in.

Members
134 posts
4,848 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

A lot of very experienced folks were going bonkers because they couldn't get two kills with a St Louis in Co-Op.  It's the saltiest I've ever seen Co-Op.

I found I had the same problem with the St Louis. But then I switched to the Wakatake and getting the two kills was much easier. However, it didn't help that in one match I was TK torped by a bot *on my own team*.

Note to self: *DO NOT* end up between a friendly bot and the enemy in Coop. 

Edited by GambitHG
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles
3 hours ago, GambitHG said:

I found I had the same problem with the St Louis. But then I switched to the Wakatake and getting the two kills was much easier. However, it didn't help that in one match I was TK torped by a bot *on my own team*.

Note to self: *DO NOT* end up between a friendly bot and the enemy in Coop. 

I switched to a Wakatake too.   I immediately got two kills....  one of them a teammate.  I bought him an Albany.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,762 battles

Maybe because it is patch day however it has just been extra special today. For the first time in a long time I just quit a game rather than play through the loss. Our top tier where two bismarcks and a tirpitz. Bismarcks sat back in the corner and the tirpitz just went sailing broadside wherever he wanted.

I'm sure I will be proven wrong and the game will come back a win, however holy excrement. Three ships that should just form a flying wing and go mow through everything. Instead the meta of make sure you are the last person so you can pad your stats must be adhered to without fail. I'd rather have a bunch of decent 7 minute games than one 20 minute purple game. *shrug*

Sign in to follow this