You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Late Night Frustration

39 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,786 posts
12,925 battles

So, I'm dead in a game we've got won.  All our last BB has to do is kill an AFK CA already in range.  The points are close, but the point flip will be enough to win the game.  I chat up to kill the CA.  Several other "dead" players do the same thing.  No salt. Just "Kill the CA".  What does BB do?  Turns AWAY from the CA in his sights and chases a CV until time runs out...for the loss. Sigh. I'd pay a pretty penny to simply know what was going on in the mind of this player..as he gave up the CA in the hand (and win) for a CV in the distance and a loss.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,540 posts
6,685 battles

Just check out post battle results and look at the effort people put in to the game some days, when you see half the team with fewer than 200 base xp// arghhhhh!

[RIPQP]
Members
3,710 posts
14,567 battles
7 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Just "Kill the CA"

Should have told them to "kill the cruiser", they probably thought that "CA" stands for "carrier a$shole". Not saying that it is your fault, but....

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,137 battles

It is simple. Carriers are huge large targets hence why everyone goes for them. I have even seen people ignore low HP cruisers and aim for carriers.

[VVV]
Members
341 posts

Maybe he thought CA stands for carrier and when the whole team told him to go kill it, he did. Not everyone who plays this game is up on the classification lingo USA navy uses. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

I am not a stat hound, but I have had a lot of good game that were losses tonight.  I thought the kiddies were back in schools. I can feel your pain. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Members
373 posts
5,700 battles

Something needs to change, I have played around 30 games in my Großer Kurfurst and have a sub 30% win rate, I seem to be averaging well above server average on damage, I dont set back and snipe, and for the most part am top of almost every score list. I dont know what to do.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,540 posts
6,685 battles
Just now, SmokinCAT said:

Something needs to change, I have played around 30 games in my Großer Kurfurst and have a sub 30% win rate, I seem to be averaging well above server average on damage, I dont set back and snipe, and for the most part am top of almost every score list. I dont know what to do.

30 games is not enough to offer a fair guide on WR for a ship. RNG with MM can give you 20 potoato lose games in a row, then just as easiily give you 20 unicum worthy wins in a row. Keep going with GK until you have 100 or so battles, if your WR is still below 45% then there is a problem. I know, it is demoralizing, but don't give up.

Members
373 posts
5,700 battles
6 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

30 games is not enough to offer a fair guide on WR for a ship. RNG with MM can give you 20 potoato lose games in a row, then just as easiily give you 20 unicum worthy wins in a row. Keep going with GK until you have 100 or so battles, if your WR is still below 45% then there is a problem. I know, it is demoralizing, but don't give up.

Why, no one cares and I dont play with divisions to help boost the win rate, the amount of just flat out poor game play seems to be getting worse as people still magically make their way to high tiers.

MM has continually put multiple rank 1 players on the teams I face or does things like 4 radars versus 1 in ship balance, there has to be something that needs to change with MM all around or require more that just owning a T10 ship to be able to potato in every game. 

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
7 minutes ago, SmokinCAT said:

Keep on trying! :D Scared GK's are the worst..

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,540 posts
6,685 battles
14 minutes ago, SmokinCAT said:

Why, no one cares and I dont play with divisions to help boost the win rate, the amount of just flat out poor game play seems to be getting worse as people still magically make their way to high tiers.

MM has continually put multiple rank 1 players on the teams I face or does things like 4 radars versus 1 in ship balance, there has to be something that needs to change with MM all around or require more that just owning a T10 ship to be able to potato in every game. 

x3 xp days, then you get premium t8 junkies like myself who get thrown into the mix.

Members
373 posts
5,700 battles
3 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

x3 xp days, then you get premium t8 junkies like myself who get thrown into the mix.

Then heaven forbid I play a cruiser, they have the BB cruiser balance so broken right now it is pitiful, no reason a CA that properly angles shouldn't be able to survive a match, but no there has to be the stupid over match mechanic.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

So, I'm dead in a game we've got won.  All our last BB has to do is kill an AFK CA already in range.  The points are close, but the point flip will be enough to win the game.  I chat up to kill the CA.  Several other "dead" players do the same thing.  No salt. Just "Kill the CA".  What does BB do?  Turns AWAY from the CA in his sights and chases a CV until time runs out...for the loss. Sigh. I'd pay a pretty penny to simply know what was going on in the mind of this player..as he gave up the CA in the hand (and win) for a CV in the distance and a loss.

hiya soshi. west coast, generally on 9pm on PDT. what you observed is but the tip of the iceberg, yah? things I love about late nite play....

1) CV fever. ("we get more points if I sink the CV." me: "IF you sink the CV")

2) clam digging. (I can show you the most popular beaches)

3) reading in battle chat "7 losses in a row, no more potato teams" (highly motivating when you've been in 5 of them with him/her)

4) hi speed reverse gear. (sigh)

5) tactical beaching.

6) 2 minimum TK on green teams, in every stinkin' battle. (how many are there? does the red team have this too?)

7) this happened tonite... I am not making this up this time. for real. 2 waves of 3cross torpedo drops, 2 from planes, one from the damn DD. torpedobeat city on the first, second caught me with one in the last salvo, and was finished off by DD torps I never got a warning for. it might be noted our illustrious CV apparently entered battle with the 'no plane loadout', beached himself on an island and started squealing for support at 2 min in. 

I don't want to know what is on their minds. 

1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

where do you get those 20 unicum worth wins in a row? I can access the 20 potato slaughter losses in a row no problem (well, ok, my PR is 14, but feels like 20) and never been over 10 Vs in a row, of any sort (I don't count CooP, Vs are automatic). is that on NA server? 

your faithful and obedient servant, memsahib.

1 hour ago, SmokinCAT said:

it takes a while to get used to kurfurst. have full 2ndary build, which is quite effective vs CA, DD, and will whittle down any BB as well. went with the faster gun load module, no point in going for longer range with a 300+ meter dispersion. you can push two or even three targets solo early, as long as you are within 14km you might actually hit some of them on the way in. assign the 2ndaries to the smaller ship, and start citting away with the mains. the armor's good, even vs YA MA TO broadside and close range. it will take 3+ torps without sinking, and eat a lot of fire as well.

if you push solo early, you won't have time to battechat the rest of the team trying to talk them into using your tank move favorably. if they use it to run away, clam dig or just avoid contact, you can be assured it's a T10 battle, that's what most of them do. it get's expensive to lose. 

even so, my first 40 battles were frustrating, to say the least, and i'm still bringing up my STATS at this time. it does compare quite favorably to the izumo, which is a rare POS, that would work well at T6, that I hate with a passion. 

Edited by not_acceptable
i forgot something. forgot it again by the time i started to edit, so i'm just writing this instead

[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles

"late night frustration"..

There is a way to avoid it...

playing on 2 different servers.

MY "prime time"..the time i play wows.. is 7am to 10am.

CET.. Now get back 6 to 9 hours in time and you know why i started to play on NA.

[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles
7 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Late night players may be impaired by drugs or alcohol. If it's 11PM on the West Coast, it's 2AM on the East Coast.

..an 8AM on the EU server

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,540 posts
6,685 battles
5 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

where do you get those 20 unicum worth wins in a row? I can access the 20 potato slaughter losses in a row no problem (well, ok, my PR is 14, but feels like 20) and never been over 10 Vs in a row, of any sort (I don't count CooP, Vs are automatic). is that on NA server? 

your faithful and obedient servant, memsahib.

I have found one thing affects my win rate more than any other : game fatigue. If I am careful to take breaks between every match, using this time to post comments in the World of Warships forum for example, my WR goes up and I get lots of wins. But on days when I binge play, and start spamming the PLAY button, my WR plummets.

Now the above is not fool proof, I still get bad days of loss after loss (yesterday I lost all my matches.) I stopped playing WOWS, taking a good break, read a book, went for a walk.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,123 posts
18,640 battles

Last night only? I have this since about a week. Don't care what tier and ship, I end up with the AFK/noob CV, BB that yolo, teams that spread out all over the map and have no idea of objectives. My WR got a serious dent. Plus that the French cruisers are cursed, I get a 200% higher chance to end up with one of those teams.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
932 posts
10,355 battles

This is why I just head back to port after I die.  Watching people do dumb stuff for a lost just makes your blood boil. There's no point, just queue up the next game. 

[WNSTN]
Members
215 posts
10,283 battles
1 hour ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Late night players may be impaired by drugs or alcohol. If it's 11PM on the West Coast, it's 2AM on the East Coast.

I was watching a cop show that comes on Friday and Saturday night and they gave stats out that 20% People driving are impaired on the road. I was in unbelief until I started taking notice of how people really drive. Than I remembered that there are a lot of ways to be impaired and driving. 

Now in the privacy of your home I would agree with Seadog_Supreme and add there are a lot of ways to be distracted.

BRB gotta Pee

Regards 

Drill

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

I decided to take up the Late Night Challenge! Took Graf Spee in Estuary. ABCD. Reds all went to C, but most of them just sailed around in circles north of C. Nobody in A, nobody in B except an AFK Cleveland. We swarmed them and won with all 4 caps. Pitiful.

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I have found one thing affects my win rate more than any other : game fatigue. If I am careful to take breaks between every match, using this time to post comments in the World of Warships forum for example, my WR goes up and I get lots of wins. But on days when I binge play, and start spamming the PLAY button, my WR plummets.

Now the above is not fool proof, I still get bad days of loss after loss (yesterday I lost all my matches.) I stopped playing WOWS, taking a good break, read a book, went for a walk.

Yeah, I did the Valley of the Grind to get my ships. No more of that! I want a couple of minutes between battles at least. I started filming some of them to go back and see what I did right and what I did wrong.

[-K-]
Members
5,110 posts
8,970 battles
6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Sigh. I'd pay a pretty penny to simply know what was going on in the mind of this player..as he gave up the CA in the hand (and win) for a CV in the distance and a loss.

When a potato player sees a CV:

9a036250d43a895c3a9911de04c9c4dcb63f0b8fdb99b460fbae92cae939301d.jpg

• Cool 1