You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

Question for the forums...

Would you join a clan if I were to make one?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a clan if I were to make one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferant

46 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

So...been thinking a little bit...now with the whole clan thing going on...its got me a tiny bit interested in possibly making a clan... It wouldn't be a super serious clan, and would mostly just before people who want a pretty little clan tag attached to their name, so yeah...

Would you join this clan? I mean I'd have some base rules and such obviously, like, no stat shaming at all. Be nice and mature, and kind to other players, a 0 tolerance policy on team killing, and basically, just go out and have fun really...

Players from all walks of life will be welcome, be you an utter potato or the #1 player in every single WG product ever made. As long as you're nice, and behave yourself, you're welcome.

So yeah...would you join a clan like this? Let me know!

And dont worry! I dont bite...*much*

IpCc5g7.png

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I should mention that the 0 tolerance policy on TKs only counts against cases where its clear that the person in question did it on purpose, regardless of if the person they TKed started it. I do understand that accidents happen, especially for newer players. So have no fear if you accidentally TK someone because you fired and thought you were clear but miscalculated or something. As long as you can prove it was an accident (via replay or video) you'll be ok. :)

Members
2,092 posts
8,090 battles

Sorry. I'm already in a clan. But I wish yours luck. If you're interested in just saving some gold/money and just straight joining one PM me :cap_cool:

/end-shameless-advertising 

Edited by FireAndHEspam

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

I don't know why you would want to make a group that's meant to organize players just be for 'a pretty little clan tag'.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles
7 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

So...been thinking a little bit...now with the whole clan thing going on...its got me a tiny bit interested in possibly making a clan... It wouldn't be a super serious clan, and would mostly just before people who want a pretty little clan tag attached to their name, so yeah...

Would you join this clan? I mean I'd have some base rules and such obviously, like, no stat shaming at all. Be nice and mature, and kind to other players, a 0 tolerance policy on team killing, and basically, just go out and have fun really...

Players from all walks of life will be welcome, be you an utter potato or the #1 player in every single WG product ever made. As long as you're nice, and behave yourself, you're welcome.

So yeah...would you join a clan like this? Let me know!

And dont worry! I dont bite...*much*

IpCc5g7.png

Or just come my clan and have a pretty tag. Just say in. Get to be a specter. We get flashlights.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
3 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I don't know why you would want to make a group that's meant to organize players just be for 'a pretty little clan tag'.

Its for people who want to take advantage of the clan dock and stuff, and the benefits that those bring, but also dont want to take part in a bigger clan or have anything to do with clan politics and such.

Its basically a clan for clan's sake. o3o

4 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Or just come my clan and have a pretty tag. Just say in. Get to be a specter. We get flashlights.

Yeah, but do you have chocolate covered bacon and cookies and milk? We will... =w=

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,566 battles

I'm not really the social type, but if your offering, I'll join. BTW i got a great name for a clan  if you want to hear it. I also have leadership EXP from WOT clans!:Smile_great:

Won't say it here though, due to thieves......:Smile_hiding:

Members
9,864 posts
29 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

^this, the bonuses don't look like much, and I'm assuming that you'll need a hard working clan just to achieve the higher bonus levels.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
42 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

I'm not really the social type, but if your offering, I'll join. BTW i got a great name for a clan  if you want to hear it. I also have leadership EXP from WOT clans!:Smile_great:

Won't say it here though, due to thieves......:Smile_hiding:

If I get 5 or more people wanting to join this thing, I may take you up on that offer lol

Though be warned, there probably wont be all that much to manage aside from if new members have questions or whatever. o3o

11 minutes ago, Rebel_Mike2094 said:

I voted before reading, I actually think that'd be a cool idea.

So, should I count you as a yes then?

23 minutes ago, awiggin said:

^this, the bonuses don't look like much, and I'm assuming that you'll need a hard working clan just to achieve the higher bonus levels.

Meh, bonuses are still bonuses honestly. I'll take whatever I can get if helps alleviate my casual grinding some what. o3o

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 minute ago, Rebel_Mike2094 said:

Yes, just for the fun of it.

Cool, so thats 3 people then that would join up. ^-^

Also, so everyone knows, I will probably look into making a discord server for anyone looking for divisions, and for a place for comms and such.

As for *when* this clan will be made well...A: I need some kind of interest... I dont want to be the only one in the clan...and B: I'm currently low on funds, so until I get enough cash to actually create the clan... which will probably be a week or two from now when I get paid... PROVIDED there is interest. =w=

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I should mention that the 0 tolerance policy on TKs only counts against cases where its clear that the person in question did it on purpose, regardless of if the person they TKed started it. I do understand that accidents happen, especially for newer players. So have no fear if you accidentally TK someone because you fired and thought you were clear but miscalculated or something. As long as you can prove it was an accident (via replay or video) you'll be ok. :)

What about those accidents where the Pinkining happens and you don'y have a replay? What would the Clan Name be and what would the Tag be? I have seen far to many tags that are maxed sized and blot out the player name. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

What about those accidents where the Pinkining happens and you don'y have a replay? What would the Clan Name be and what would the Tag be? I have seen far to many tags that are maxed sized and blot out the player name. 

For the clan tag...well, I cant say because it hasn't been made yet, so I dont want someone taking it, but it will be max size. For the blotting out issue, thats on WG to fix sadly...

As for those accidents without a replay...well, you'll have to enable them then. I know accidents happen, but I do not support deliberate team kills at all, clan or no clan. I will show people how to enable them when they join though, so you wont be going in unprepared. I'm not that evil. ^-^

This clan is all about having fun and relaxing. Enjoying the game as a game, and not getting riled up by trolls and their ilk. If you can't keep yourself from getting salty and letting torps fly at someone because you're seeing red, well... I really dont feel right having that type of person representing a very casual type of clan such as this would be...

[WOLFB]
Members
615 posts
21,801 battles

I'd join but I have been pink in the past and it may happen again. (I don't do replays) Pink accidents happen, but I 've never intentional tk'd nor would I, but I also don't "replay".

I like the idea of getting clan benefits without all the other "team chat" and voice requirements.

(change a replay for pink requirement, I do try to be careful but I have 13,000 games and I've been pink a couple of times)

and I would join..

Cheers

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Kitsunelegend said:

For the clan tag...well, I cant say because it hasn't been made yet, so I dont want someone taking it, but it will be max size. For the blotting out issue, thats on WG to fix sadly...

As for those accidents without a replay...well, you'll have to enable them then. I know accidents happen, but I do not support deliberate team kills at all, clan or no clan. I will show people how to enable them when they join though, so you wont be going in unprepared. I'm not that evil. ^-^

This clan is all about having fun and relaxing. Enjoying the game as a game, and not getting riled up by trolls and their ilk. If you can't keep yourself from getting salty and letting torps fly at someone because you're seeing red, well... I really dont feel right having that type of person representing a very casual type of clan such as this would be...

Good answer.......  I don't rage at anyone and Fun and Relaxation is my cup O Tea......I am tolerant of TK'ers.... Those who purposely do it  are the Bain of the game so if I am the one getting shot at and killed I let it happen. I send in a ticket and replays to Support, I agree with your no tolerance however support handles this. Therefore I would not join your clan with all due respect to you and your intentions. Good Luck and Fair Seas.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
4 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Good answer.......  I don't rage at anyone and Fun and Relaxation is my cup O Tea......I am tolerant of TK'ers.... Those who purposely do it  are the Bain of the game so if I am the one getting shot at and killed I let it happen. I send in a ticket and replays to Support, I agree with your no tolerance however support handles this. Therefore I would not join your clan with all due respect to you and your intentions. Good Luck and Fair Seas.

Fair enough, I just dont want the clan to really associate with people who intentionally TK which is why I have that 0 tolerance policy. I understand support does that, and thats good. And if you witness a TK then by all means send the replay to them. Its just more a safety measure to keep people who think TKing is ok out of the clan.

5 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

I'd join but I have been pink in the past and it may happen again. (I don't do replays) Pink accidents happen, but I 've never intentional tk'd nor would I, but I also don't "replay".

I like the idea of getting clan benefits without all the other "team chat" and voice requirements.

(change a replay for pink requirement, I do try to be careful but I have 13,000 games and I've been pink a couple of times)

and I would join..

Cheers

If you dont have replays enabled, its very hard to really tell whether or not the person who did the TK is telling the truth or not. Its amazing what some people will do to not take the blame... Its also not very hard to enable the replays, and they barely take up any space. Just a very quick edit to the config file and you're golden!

That, and it also helps when you have one of those crazy 250k+ damage, 7 kill, 15 citadel games that you just HAVE to share cause zomg thats amazballs. o3o

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Not planning on ever joining a Clan, unless there's a ship, or something you can only get by being in one. 

Even then it'll only be for the event. I ain't got time for all dat s**t!

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,698 posts
3,459 battles

Sounds like a great idea. The game needs more clans. It's great for improving gameplay when you have people chatting and working together. 

I'm in SOUR for the more competitive stuff, but if you all ever need a 3rd for a Div let me know. :3

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,698 posts
3,459 battles
24 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Not planning on ever joining a Clan, unless there's a ship, or something you can only get by being in one. 

Even then it'll only be for the event. I ain't got time for all dat s**t!

Have you ever been in a clan? There's no extra effort involved unless you're playing competitively. What would be the "all dat stuff" in this situation?

Members
17,785 posts
5,084 battles
9 hours ago, IronWolfV said:

I'd join your clan, but you'd probably yell at me for buying an FdG....

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
9 hours ago, IronWolfV said:

Flashlights, or Fleshlights ?

Edited by Shadowrigger1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
34 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Have you ever been in a clan? There's no extra effort involved unless you're playing competitively. What would be the "all dat stuff" in this situation?

In WOWS, no, but many in other games. 

Basically, this patch will end up bringing quotas for oil in some Clans. I don't voice chat, and I only play here and there when I have time. Clan wars will be a thing and you'll be expected to train with your Guild. There's already drama now between Clans as it is, they'll be much more as time goes by.

I'll also point out that I've got one foot out the door with this game. The only reason I play is for special events and a little here and there when I don't feel like playing something else. I have too much time and money  invested to just walk away atm. I also have a great deal of premium time (around 400'ish days) that i feel obligated to use.

I say all of that with over 30+ years of gaming under my belt. Clans/Guild/Alliances/etc..are there for the social aspect of the game and will probably help WGs player retention problems. Peeps will think twice about quitting the game when they've gotten close with others.

Trust me, I know. The first guild I was in, we are still in contact to this day. We've grown to a couple of 100 at this point through the years. Many are playing different games, and if you want to start playing whatever game, you can pretty much expect to start with epic weapons, and power leveling. I know some of them better than I know my close friends in my town. 

So, that is "dat stuff"...

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles
47 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I'd join your clan, but you'd probably yell at me for buying an FdG....

Just got mine yesterday. It's ok skp.

46 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Flashlights, or Fleshlights ?

No and

zAp2LzJ.jpg