You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldFrog75

WoWS sales...

35 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
411 battles

What (if any) sales does WoWS routinely have besides ships - Equipment, Consumables, Flags, Camo, etc., and which are worth stocking up on when they happen?

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

Everything you mentioned is discounted rarely, and flags never get sold.

you can't stock up on anything either. Camo is destroyed when removed and equipment demounting will end up costing more in the long run. There is no way to buy something without putting it on a ship to get around these processes. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles
15 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Everything you mentioned is discounted rarely, and flags never get sold.

you can't stock up on anything either. Camo is destroyed when removed and equipment demounting will end up costing more in the long run. There is no way to buy something without putting it on a ship to get around these processes. 

They changed the destruction of camo when its removed. Can't remember the patch when that changed. But about 4 or 5 months ago

• Cool 1

Members
163 posts
411 battles
14 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

They changed the destruction of camo when its removed. Can't remember the patch when that changed. But about 4 or 5 months ago

So the only way to get Camo and Flags is in Containers or buy Flags in the Premium Shop?  

And Consumables like Repair Party, Damage Control, Smoke, etc, can never be bought in bulk and stored somewhere?

Also, what is the difference between Yamamoto Collection and Containers?

Edited by OldFrog75

[LANCE]
Members
291 posts
3,095 battles

I'm still hoping that one day they'll have a depot/store like in WoT where you can stock up on consumables and equipment.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
12 minutes ago, OldFrog75 said:

So the only way to get Camo and Flags is in Containers?  

And Consumables like Repair Party, Damage Control, Smoke, etc, can never be bought in bulk and stored somewhere?

Also, what is the difference between Yamamoto Collection and Containers?

You can buy the five economic flags on the store, but otherwise, you get them in containers or achievements.

Camo you can get in your inventory by demounting, but right now you can still buy Sci-Fi and Back to School Camo on the store as well.  That changes from time to time.

Edited by mavfin87

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles

On Black Friday and Christmas of last year, Wargaming offered really good deals on signals but you had to buy in bulk. Was like 100 -500 of all the signals except for the Dragon Flags. The price seemed good to me. Consumables go on sale quite a bit but if you have a stockpile of them, there is no way to add the sale ones to your hoard. They are currently selling them in the Premium shop and the proceeds go to hurricane relief efforts so there is some good coming out of your purchase.  

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles
7 hours ago, OldFrog75 said:

What (if any) sales does WoWS routinely have besides ships - Equipment, Consumables, Flags, Camo, etc., and which are worth stocking up on when they happen?

Port slots if you are a ship hoarder /um collector like I am. :) 

This past weekend they were 150 gold instead of 300. I have 24 for upcoming lines.

[FF]
Members
76 posts
5,217 battles

Black Friday sales were by far the best I have ever seen last year. I'm looking forward to this year's sale

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

The only time I could stack some cheap flags where the $1 christmas crates, I bought like 50 and I regret not spending $250 on the $1 ones just because of the every game flags we were receiving.

I know WG will make something similar this year, I just hope I have enough interest in this game by then to dump some money.

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,118 battles

The only sale I really keep an eye out for an pounce on is the free XP conversion sale like many thought we were getting last weekend.  25xp:1doubloon to 35:1.

• Cool 1

Members
163 posts
411 battles
16 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

The only sale I really keep an eye out for an pounce on is the free XP conversion sale like many thought we were getting last weekend.  25xp:1doubloon to 35:1.

That's a good one and a favorite on WoT as well.

Members
163 posts
411 battles

So no half price sales on things like Repair Party II, where you can buy a 3-6 month supply with Credits and store them in a depot and use them as needed?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

So I have very close to 9M xp lingering around on all my ships. How sweet would it be if WoWS/WG allowed a player to convert all that for free, once a year? A ten percent exchange rate would be fine with me.

My math is probably wrong but here goes. 

9,000,000 converts 25 per a doubloon. So we divide the xp by 25. 

9,000,000 divided by 25 gives us 360,000 doubloons. Phew.

Current rates for 25,000 doubloons is $99.99. 

We'd need uhm.... 14.4 boxes of 25K doubloons or ahem... $1439 and some odd cents. 

Wow - is that correct? 

So a once a year "trade-in", say the upper limit was one million, would be a boon to us and to WoWS. You could set the limit at 10% of your total xp sitting on your ships. Meaning if the limit was 10% then I could convert 900,000 into 90,000 free xp. Once a year. 

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,118 battles
6 hours ago, OldFrog75 said:

So no half price sales on things like Repair Party II, where you can buy a 3-6 month supply with Credits and store them in a depot and use them as needed?

Oh, they do those things too.  I forget about them though, because I have something like 170 Million silver so the silver economy is not something I worry about.  I'm not sure if you can buy in bulk though, or if you can only buy them as you use them on your ships through battles.

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,118 battles
6 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So I have very close to 9M xp lingering around on all my ships. How sweet would it be if WoWS/WG allowed a player to convert all that for free, once a year? A ten percent exchange rate would be fine with me.

We'd need uhm.... 14.4 boxes of 25K doubloons or ahem... $1439 and some odd cents. 

Wow - is that correct? 

So a once a year "trade-in", say the upper limit was one million, would be a boon to us and to WoWS. You could set the limit at 10% of your total xp sitting on your ships. Meaning if the limit was 10% then I could convert 900,000 into 90,000 free xp. Once a year. 

I like that idea, but it would cut into their earnings significantly I'd think.  I have about has much convertible XP as you.  If I converted it all, I'd never have to grind a line again in my life, lol.

Members
83 posts
3,082 battles
6 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Wow - is that correct? 

WG will occasionally offer a sale on the Free XP conversion rate. Instead of the normal 25 XP per doubloon it will be increased to 35 XP per doubloon.

In fact, we should have had one for the anniversary special last weekend, as all of the other regional servers did. Instead NA got an elite commander XP conversion sale which I'm guessing almost no one actually took advantage of. 

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,255 posts
24,743 battles
6 hours ago, OldFrog75 said:

Not possible in WoWS.  Unlike WoT, in WoWS, you can only buy upgrades when you mount them on a ship.  You cannot buy upgrades and have them go directly into the depot.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts
2 hours ago, SlamF1re said:

WG will occasionally offer a sale on the Free XP conversion rate. Instead of the normal 25 XP per doubloon it will be increased to 35 XP per doubloon.

In fact, we should have had one for the anniversary special last weekend, as all of the other regional servers did. Instead NA got an elite commander XP conversion sale which I'm guessing almost no one actually took advantage of. 

Oh sure, yea great, I get ten more for every doubloon. I actually think though, if they did an annual trade as I suggested, players might actually play more, spend more money,like for premium time because they know at the end of the year, could could convert up to 1M xp to 100K free xp. Or even 50K free xp. 

For free. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,522 battles
2 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I like that idea, but it would cut into their earnings significantly I'd think.  I have about has much convertible XP as you.  If I converted it all, I'd never have to grind a line again in my life, lol.

Free XP conversions are one of WG's big three money-makers in WoWS, so I'm pretty sure that will never happen.

"Our main services are obviously Premium time, FreeXP and Premium ships - that's pretty much it." -Sub_Octavian (source)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles

If you go to the premium shop from the launch screen and log in with your account, there are some bundles on sale right now....

Members
163 posts
411 battles

Just completed level 12 so Inventory opened up.  Looks like this is the equivalent of Depot in WoT but I gather from what I'm reading here you can't purchase Consumables in bulk and store them in Inventory.

You can auto-resupply but only with purchases at full price post battle.  You can't resupply from Inventory (other than battle-by-battle Signals and Camo).  Correct?

Edited by OldFrog75

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

The anniversary crates are a great source of good combat flags and camo. You get a bunch of flags and a good amount of special camo in each crate that you can keep in your inventory.

• Cool 1

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,842 battles
17 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Port slots if you are a ship hoarder /um collector like I am. :) 

This past weekend they were 150 gold instead of 300. I have 24 for upcoming lines.

YES!   Port slots rarely go on sale so if  you plan to have a big port buy some.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles
4 hours ago, toosonmike said:

If you go to the premium shop from the launch screen and log in with your account, there are some bundles on sale right now....

try this..about as good as is gets i guess