Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
centarina

maximizing captain elite XP by using ARP

6 comments in this topic

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

Elite captains XP is very handy to have as it can be used for retraining and training other captains.   it does take having 19 point captain, but if you have the ARP ships, this effort can be eased since all ARP ships are now  considered premium in terms of sharing captains with IJN.    So, in effect,  if you have the full ARP ships, you basically have 9  premium ships for captain training purposes.       This will allow you to get 19 pointer fast, not to mention allowing you to earn elite captain XP.    Running this is especially useful during 2x or 3x event day.       

• Cool 2

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
3 minutes ago, centarina said:

Elite captains XP is very handy to have as it can be used for retraining and training other captains.   it does take having 19 point captain, but if you have the ARP ships, this effort can be eased since all ARP ships are now  considered premium in terms of sharing captains with IJN.    So, in effect,  if you have the full ARP ships, you basically have 9  premium ships for captain training purposes.       This will allow you to get 19 pointer fast, not to mention allowing you to earn elite captain XP.    Running this is especially useful during 2x or 3x event day.       

:Smile_great::Smile_honoring:

[HELLS]
Members
1,692 posts
15,333 battles

I did this using two 19-point captains in my RN (4) and USN (3) premium ships to get a third one for my Iowa this weekend, so I now have two USN 19-pointers. 200% first win bonus was a huge help Since my RN one is in KGV and can move to any one of 5 premiums, my next goal is to get another RN one for Edinburgh. The WoWs Birthday party flags bonuses and cammos were useful. 539,000 Elite XP in twenty-two battles in Random, with my low ender already at 15 points, and the job was done. Ground enough ship XP in Benson to get Fletcher at the same time, so it has a good weekend for me. Plus I have enough flags and cammos left over to grind some more. I wobbled between another 19-pointer and Nelson (Elite XP can be used both ways, not just for captains) and opted for the 19-pointer. Nelson will come in good time....

[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

I think if you train one of the ARP captains for a IJN ship like a BB or a CA this works out much better since he can not only get bonus for the IJN ship but he can be used in every single ARP ship without penalty. I plan on doing this eventually, been working on my USN captain and just got him to level 19 and need to grind one of the Russian captains next. The IJN is low priority for me right now but am planing on using this strategy to help grind him up. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

but if you earn elite xp, you can use it on other captains including other nations.  it is like free captain XP.     This is why it is important to have 1 IJN 19pointer to earn elite XP so you can get other nations to 19pointer to take advantage of other premium ships.  

[PVE]
Members
5,338 posts
17,834 battles
3 minutes ago, centarina said:

but if you earn elite xp, you can use it on other captains including other nations.  it is like free captain XP.     This is why it is important to have 1 IJN 19pointer to earn elite XP so you can get other nations to 19pointer to take advantage of other premium ships.  

Yeah just got my second 19 pointer. Am grinding them in order of how many premium ships I have and I had the fewest for IJN until the last patch or so where you could use the IJN and ARP interchangeably. With that change I now have a ton of "premium" ships for ARP/IJN to farm the first win bonus in. 

Sign in to follow this