You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Your most played ship of each type?

72 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,279 battles

Spill it, forumites.  What ship of each class have you played the most of?  Is it a simple matter of love at first sight?  Is it a guilty pleasure of pounding seals?  OP premium?  Long grind?

Here are mine (Random mode stats):

Battleships:  Izumo.  122 games.  The grind to Yamato was a bugger.  Premium time would have been worth it (even though Izumo really didn't enrage me).  Tirpitz and Nikolai will catch her, though (105 and 104), since I don't see myself returning to Izumo.

Carriers:  Zuiho.  53 games.  What can I say...I'm not a CV man.  I occasionally need a CV for missions, and Zuiho has worked for that need.  Is there any reason to keep going?

Cruisers:  Kuma.  185 games.  Ah, my first love.  Power creep hasn't been kind to her, but I do still love this boat.  I really enjoy brutalizing bots in Co-op with her.  Marblehead came in 3rd (behind Cleveland, another mission completion boat) with 172 games.  Remember the good old days when Omaha-class ships were crazy fun?  Now she is rusting away alongside Murmansk.  Mogami is in 4th with 120 games...and climbing fast.  This ship, when spec'd with 155's, agility and fire chances, is just wicked fun.  I love baiting those big T10 BB's to shoot at me, then rack up potential damage numbers.

Destroyers:  1st place:  Wakatake.  196 games.  Wut.  Dammit.  This surprised me.  Apparently I am a dirty seal clubber.  I did not realize.  Moving on...let's check...

2nd place:  Clemson.  187 games.  Ah, fack.  I AM a dirty seal clubber!!!  Hey, this is a crazy fun ship; it isn't my fault it's a T4.  Plus, if a mission allows a T4+ Co-op bote, I'll probably go for the quick win with Clemson.  Plus she is just crazy fun.  Did I say that already?  Okay, enough with the seal clubbers.  Let's check...

3rd place:  Kamikaze R.  180 games.  What the %$@#&!Þ, son of a $%@^, God $%?<# it!  Seal clubber confirmed.  I am scum.

Edited by desmo_2

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles

I play co-op mostly, but I'll play.

Random battles

DD - Sims 2 battles, 50% win rate (4 battles total in DDs). I stink at DD in PvP.

Cruisers - Molotov 15 battles 46.7% win rate.

BB - Arizona 87 battles 51.7% win rate

CV - stink too bad to hurt a team like that

Co-op

DD - Isokaze 56 battles

Cruisers - Omaha 148 battles

BB - Warspite and Arizona tied at 127 battles each

CV - Langley 8 battles (6 in Hosho)

Members
341 posts
1,905 battles

BB - North Carolina, 117 battles, 50.43% win rate

CA/CL - Edinburgh, 79 battles, 58.23% win rate (This is a surprise to me, wasn't a fan of it. New Orleans at #2 also, not a fan)

DD - Benson, 59 games, 59.32% win rate...I'm fine with that. Benson was a huge relief after grinding that awful line

CV - Langley, 4 games (Bogue is a close second with 3 games) 100% win rate with both

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
9,404 battles

Random

BB - Kongo - 299 / 62% (455 including the Kongo clones)

CV - Hiryuu - 105 / 50%

CL/CA - Tenryu - 120 / 59% (140 / 48% in the Myoko clones)

DD - Shimakaze - 116 / 53%

Edited by SgtBeltfed
added win rates

Members
1,351 posts
4,319 battles

BB - Amagi - 107 @ 57% win rate

CA/CL -Kutuzov - 98 @ 56% win rate, Hipper for non-premium at 93 @ 55% win rate

DD - Clemson - 80 @ 60% win rate, I may have clubbed a bit when bored

CV - Bogue - 43 @ 51% win rate, yes I played all of them as air superiority

If I like a ship, I will typically not use flags or camo to grind it, which drives up the number of games.  I might have also done the Amagi mostly without premium time.

Edited by BossmanSlim

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,055 posts
7,611 battles

Mine shouldn't surprise anyone.  This doesn't include any test-games, though.  Those don't get recorded.

• Battleships:  Warspite with 785 games.
  • Cruisers:  Atlanta with 381 games.
  • Destroyers:  Gremyashchy with 375 games.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

CV- Hosho  223 Battles   I love playing low tier CVs but that's the extent of it... my excursions into high tier have been.. unpleasant. 

BB- Missouri 177 Battles  Both a credit and commander XP grinder.

CL- Murmansk 137 Battles  One of my early premiums, hasn't left port in a long time.

DD- Sims 162 Battles  Used to be a staple ship of mine, helped me get my first 19pt captain. But now... never really have a reason to take her out anymore either. 

Members
2,406 posts
2,199 battles

Destroyer: Farragut (

When first starting the game, the USN DDs and IJN cruisers were the recommended ships to play. By the time I got to the Farragut, I had finally gotten over my grips over torpedo ranges and finally embraced the gunboat life. An enjoyable DD, but I would have to play through the other lines before I can call it my favorite. 

Cruiser: Aoba

Was the highest tier ship I had at the time the ARP event was running. So I ended up earning every ship using it. I enjoyed the ship, though I can't tell you if I played it right, often treating it as a Dunkerque light long before I owned the Dunkerque. 

Battleship: Dunkerque

My crown jewel and everything I want in this game. A tank destroyer in ship form. Quad guns and high fire chance is icing on the cake. I like it even more now that I got the special skin. Despite its flaws, a ship I overall enjoy and always have a good time in. 

Carrier: Hosho

I only really had this ship because I felt I played enough IJN cruiser to warrant going up the BB tree. I decided to get this as well and after jumping right into a few random games, and as much as I like my RTS games, I determined I should play carriers last and sold it to avoid future suffering. 

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,279 battles
15 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:
  • Destroyers:  Gremyashchy with 375 games.

I think I hate you.

(Awww, not really.  I am supremely jealous, though)

Members
2,092 posts
8,090 battles

BBs: you can't PAY me to play one

CVs: None

CAs: Working on the Soviet CA line. Kutuzov and Donskoi ATM

And finally DDs: Udaloi: ~730 games; Khabarovsk; ~600 games

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,363 posts
5,025 battles

Battleship: Nagato. 220 battles. I really like this ship and tier VII is enjoyable to play at.
Cruiser: Atago. 272 battles. It is a nice ship, and is my only tier VIII premium. There is a lot of crew grinding, money grinding, etc that I do with this ship.
Destroyer: Shiratsuyu. 89 battles. I ground through this ship, and I also like it.
Carrier: Zuiho. 37 battles. I like using this ship, since I get to play a little bit of carrier without having to deal with the crazy APM requirements and hyper competitive atmosphere that comes at the higher tiers.

Edited by AdmiralPiett

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
350 posts
9,145 battles

Battleship Yamato with  301 games

Cruiser Kuma with 195 games

Destroyer Shimakaze with 1648 games

Carrier Hosho with 63 games (was fun seal clubbing with this when manual drop/fire was available at this tier)

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles

Cruiser: Admiral Graf Spee at 405 battles (this is my waifu)

Battleship: Gneisenau at 275 battles (i don't play it as often anymore but still love it)

Destroyer: Podvoisky at a whopping 15 battles (I can't DD for the life of me)

Carrier: ...I don't own a single carrier. :|

Fairs seas mates. :Smile_honoring:

[TASH]
Members
4,993 posts
7,903 battles

Carriers: Ranger - 112 battles

Battleships: North Carolina - 125 battles (I don't really play BBs to be honest, just grinding NC all the way)

Cruisers: Atlanta - 416 battles and Moskva - 335 battles

Destroyers: Kiev (pre and post uptier) - ?? + 41 battles

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,055 posts
7,611 battles
17 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I think I hate you.

(Awww, not really.  I am supremely jealous, though)

She was my go-to de-stressing ship for a while back around 0.4.0.

[TF57]
Members
496 posts
6,467 battles

BBs: New Mexico (188) - Gneisenau is "close" at 102

Cruisers: Atlanta (514) - this one is literally 10 times the nearest one - Konigsberg at 514

DDs: Blyskawica (609) - this one is ~3 times the nearest one - Gearing at 206

I could probably have every tech tree ship in the game if I hadn't spent so much time in Atlanta and Blyska.....

[5D]
Members
605 posts
7,026 battles

Carriers:   Hakuryu with 492 battles and increasing

Battleships:  Tirpitz with 321 battles and counting

Cruisers:  Murmansk with 116 battles (back then at Patch 0.4, the Murmansk was my credit ship)

Destroyers:  Fletcher with 180 battles

Members
4,743 posts
5,464 battles

Battleship: Nagato, 213 games.

Carrier: Ryuujo, 42 games(Hiryuu is a close second at 37 games, Zuihou a close third at 35 games, and Hoshou a close 4th at 32 games. Can you tell I don't play CVs much(and really not much at all since before mirror MM and a bunch of other changes:Smile-_tongue:)).

Cruiser: Atago, 379 games.

Destroyer: Akatsuki, 149 games.

I like IJN ships... :Smile_hiding:

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,170 posts
17,838 battles

Randoms 

Cruiser -       Yubari  - 557 games  > First ever ship from CBT , played lots , still fragile as hell , still fun

Battleship -  Ishizuchi - 299 games  > one of the first Premiums I ever bought , took a while to warm to , but fun.  ( ARP Kongo a close 2nd with 296 games )

Destroyer -  Kamikaze R -  297 games  >  From Project R and the ship that taught me to properly play and enjoy IJN DDs 

Carrier -       Zuiho  -  39 games >  Still a terrible CV player , have a couple in port for missions but derive no fun from playing them 

I genuinely think I will be the only person to have Yub Yub as a most played cruiser.  :cap_hmm:

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
3,225 battles

BBs - Ark Beta pre-buff. 79 games, 49% w/r. 57k avg dmg

CAs - Glorious Battleship Hindenburg. 56 games, 59% w/r. 90k avg dmg.

CVs - Shokaku. Still hate it. 66 games, 44% w/r. 67.5k avg dmg.

DDs - Fujin no. 1 NA. 115 games, 67% w/r. 70k avg dmg.

Overall, I've been playing a lot more veriety recently. I got bored playing the same ships over. Really enjoying Cruisers now, which is surprising as they were the last real class I got a t10 for (CVs don't count). Owning every ship means I don't get bored anymore.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles

CA/CL: Atlanta 189 battles

BB: Scharnhorst 128 battles

DD:  Blyskawica 89 battles

CV: Bogue 19 battles

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
6,392 battles

Battleship:  Tirpitz with 69 battles

Cruiser:  Marblehead with 128 battles

Destroyer: Gremyaschy with 124 battles

Carriers:  Bogue with 17 battles *

* I suck at carriers and do not enjoy them.