You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Why is the Kaga considered to be so good?

75 comments in this topic

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
693 posts
19,119 battles

humm 

compare characteristics:

*IJN KAGA 

Displacement:

38,200 long tons (38,813 t) (standard) ( HEAVY CV) hangar capacity 90 warplanes

Essex-class aircraft carrier
Displacement:
  • As built:
  • 27,100 tons standard
  • 36,380 tons full load

KAGA HP 51000 wg , displacement 38,813t

essex  HP 56300  wg                         36,380t

enterprice HP 51400wg                      25500t

How is HP determined in the game? for the displacement of the boat?

*USS RANGER

Displacement: 17,577 long tons (17,859 t) (full load) hangar 76 warplanes.

USS SAIPAN 

14,500  (LIGHT CV) tons 50 warplanes 

IJN HIRYU 

Displacement:

17,600 metric tons (17,300 long tons) (standard)

20,570 metric tons (20,250 long tons) (normal)

HEAVY CV with 72 warplanes.

now if talk KAGA is very sad than was sunk in 1942 

propsoed_kaga_modernisation_plan_by_tzol

kaga refit 1945 maximun hangar 20 warplanes more with WG ADD this version kaga was tier 9-10

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,583 battles

ESSEX IS IN TIER IX YOU CLOWN

1945 Refit of Kaga?  The wh*re got sunk in 1942!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles
16 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

KAGA HP 51000 wg , displacement 38,813t

essex  HP 56300  wg                         36,380t

enterprice HP 51400wg                      25500t

How is HP determined in the game? for the displacement of the boat?

It has to do with displacement and tier.

Also Kaga does not need any buffs at all.

Members
819 posts
3,823 battles
2 hours ago, StoneRhino said:

Her second load out could use a buff/change. As fun as it may be, there is a reason why only three of us are using it.

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
693 posts
19,119 battles
6 hours ago, StoneRhino said:

Have you tried to climb the kaga to T8? but with the additional modules as the enterprise! and upload your HP and Add the 5 missing aircraft.

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
693 posts
19,119 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

ESSEX IS IN TIER IX YOU CLOWN

1945 Refit of Kaga?  The wh*re got sunk in 1942!

the kaga refit was being designed to be executed in late 1942 and early 1943, but we already know that the kaga was sunk.

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles
8 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

Have you tried to climb the kaga to T8? but with the additional modules as the enterprise! and upload your HP and Add the 5 missing aircraft.

And she would be mauled by Enterprise and Shokaku the same way a Hiryu beats kaga now. The upgrade module does not help your fighters and 15% tougher tbs are not a big deal.

But because of your history of wanting buffs to a brokenly OP ship. Are you suggesting giving her shokaku's aircraft and the hp module? 

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
693 posts
19,119 battles

I say to put the kaga in T8, with T7 planes from the hiryu, and with the modules of the enterprise, obviously raise the HP kaga because it was historic 38,813T and full hangar, if you compare with the enterprise it has more HP when its displacement was of 25,500T. even his maximum aircraft hangar was 90 and WG added 6 more than ever existed.

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles

Cv hp is nothing. The TBs that Hiryu and stock shokaku are t6. Also have you ever taken a 2-2-2 Hiryu against an AS ranger? Because not only does enterprise bring 2 squadrons they are smaller and cycle faster and a huge number of them. Considering a 2-2-2 shokaku has problems dealing with them what do you think will happen against "kaga's" lower tiered planes? 

You will end up with the same TBs with +15% hp but face t10 AA. 

I can't help but think you want to move kaga to t8 to escape Saipan but I don't think you realise that shokaku is a better Hiryu and enterprise would easily gut punch Saipan. So you are fleeing from a cv only to run into 2 greatly better CVS while only buffing kaga a little bit. Not a good idea at all.

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles
14 hours ago, Magic_Fighting_Tuna said:

I got a better idea, let's move the Kaga to tier 6....

Don't give him ideas

• Cool 1

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
693 posts
19,119 battles
On 2/12/2017 at 0:20 AM, Magic_Fighting_Tuna said:

I got a better idea, let's move the Kaga to tier 6....

move t6 is nerf most to kaga

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
693 posts
19,119 battles
On 30/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, StoneRhino said:

And she would be mauled by Enterprise and Shokaku the same way a Hiryu beats kaga now. The upgrade module does not help your fighters and 15% tougher tbs are not a big deal.

But because of your history of wanting buffs to a brokenly OP ship. Are you suggesting giving her shokaku's aircraft and the hp module? 

humm, not, up kaga to T8 with planes T7, but with modules & slot as enterprise, up hangar to 90, increaser range secondaries for defence vs DD nearly him,  HP for displacement. and I have dude, if ARIZONA was sunk by a  Bomb AP on pearl harbor? why japan no have bombs AP.

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
693 posts
19,119 battles

bomb AP send pearl harbor form kaga&akagi heavy CV. for arizona

Edited by rafael_azuaje

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles
2 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

humm, not, up kaga to T8 with planes T7, but with modules & slot as enterprise, up hangar to 90, increaser range secondaries for defence vs DD nearly him,  HP for displacement. and I have dude, if ARIZONA was sunk by a  Bomb AP on pearl harbor? why japan no have bombs AP.

The ap bombs Japan used at pearl harbor were type 99 #80 mark 5s. Which are 1,600# modified 16" apc shells with fins taped to them. They were too heavy for dive bombers and Japan believed that they could not make an ap bomb light enough for dive bombers and still be effective. The USN early AP bombs were not really better however they developed the AP bomb mark 1 1,600# and the AP bomb mark 33 1,000#. Only the sturdiest dive bombers could carry the mark 1 and the mark 33 is what we see in game.

So why no AP bombs for IJN? because they didn't really have anything useble for dive bombers and didn't develop any because they believed they would not be effective once made light enough for their DBs. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles
2 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

bomb AP send pearl harbor form kaga&akagi heavy CV. for arizona

Would you be willing to give up kaga's torpedo bombers so they could carry the type 99 #80 mk5 dropped form 10k feet, huge drop circle for moving targets?

Alpha Tester
3,585 posts
4,044 battles
28 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

The ap bombs Japan used at pearl harbor were type 99 #80 mark 5s. Which are 1,600# modified 16" apc shells with fins taped to them. They were too heavy for dive bombers and Japan believed that they could not make an ap bomb light enough for dive bombers and still be effective. The USN early AP bombs were not really better however they developed the AP bomb mark 1 1,600# and the AP bomb mark 33 1,000#. Only the sturdiest dive bombers could carry the mark 1 and the mark 33 is what we see in game.

So why no AP bombs for IJN? because they didn't really have anything useble for dive bombers and didn't develop any because they believed they would not be effective once made light enough for their DBs. 

The standard bomb that IJN DB uses is 250kg SAP, and had pretty respectable armor penetration during the war. It tended to burst inside hangars, and a few times below them. The IJN GP bomb carried more explosives. Personally I think it's a bit silly that the IJN gets a SAP bomb treated as an HE bomb, but I guess it's for balancing reasons. 

11 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Would you be willing to give up kaga's torpedo bombers so they could carry the type 99 #80 mk5 dropped form 10k feet, huge drop circle for moving targets?

Val has tiny load, but it is kind of unfair that IJN doesn't ever get heavier bombs despite the load capacity of D4Y and B7A being much higher. I'd give up the 0.4 manual accuracy coefficient and dispersion difference for a 500kg bomb, or for the 800kg AP/

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles
5 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

The standard bomb that IJN DB uses is 250kg SAP, and had pretty respectable armor penetration during the war. It tended to burst inside hangars, and a few times below them. The IJN GP bomb carried more explosives. Personally I think it's a bit silly that the IJN gets a SAP bomb treated as an HE bomb, but I guess it's for balancing reasons. 

Val has tiny load, but it is kind of unfair that IJN doesn't ever get heavier bombs despite the load capacity of D4Y and B7A being much higher. I'd give up the 0.4 manual accuracy coefficient and dispersion difference for a 500kg bomb.

I agree that IJN t8+ should have an option for a 1,000# bomb. Maybe with the USN larger drop circle. 

The British sap shells ended up being just an AP round in game. How willing would you be to trade the fire chance to a relatively low alpha AP round.

Alpha Tester
3,585 posts
4,044 battles
Just now, StoneRhino said:

I agree that IJN t8+ should have an option for a 1,000# bomb. Maybe with the USN larger drop circle. 

The British sap shells ended up being just an AP round in game. How willing would you be to trade the fire chance to a relatively low alpha AP round.

SAP bombs would simply be AP bombs that fuze even off of fairly thin armor and have fairly short fuzes. The use for that should be obvious- it still deals damage to most ships, but can cause citadel hits against ships with lacking deck armor. There's a number of carriers and cruisers that would fall under that umbrella.

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles

That's what I meant. A relatively low alpha AP bomb vs fire chance. I would prefer the fire chance since it's unlikely to citadel most BBs and armored decked CAs. While likely overpenning DDs. 

Members
2,483 posts
4,204 battles
6 minutes ago, Magic_Fighting_Tuna said:

Kaga won't need any nerfs if she loses the 2/2/1 loadout. 

Hanger size in addition to loadout

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
693 posts
19,119 battles

or other idea! kaga has hangar 90,but you can take it to 90 and those 5 remaining planes can form 1 kamikase squadron that would be just that 5 planes, they are ejected from the CV they are sent to the target and boom severely damages the enemy ship and loses those 5 planes, the kaga would be the first cv to have 1 squadron of kamikases, that squad is parta make a single attack nothing more.

Edited by rafael_azuaje