You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AirshipCanon

I really wish Replays were enabled by Default.

7 comments in this topic

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

I keep missing really good games that would so be video worthy.
Like this one:
I4koH9X.jpg

Good lord this game.
Snatched a very clutch Victory.

I got 3 kills, only like one of which really mattered. But geez- epic comeback was epic. Start of the game, we summarily lose the DD game, and their CV is bullying the [edited] out of ours. 
Pushed out of all 3 caps. I manage to kill a NO who was hiding in smoke. [I mean dude, your RU DD lit an IJN DD, and you STAY in the smoke? Yes, there's a Montana over there, but what's heading for your face?]

And get chased down by an appearently angry RU DD. He eats a torp and dies [I was mashing the automessage for support to alert a nearby RN Cruiser, not thinking he'd eat one of my wall of torps, but he did, so that worked.]

Cyclone started.
They have all 3 caps [although we just started contesting C.] We cap it, the enemy fleet is rolling, our fleet is in a good position, there's a Yamato though, and we're out of options. I have crapfor HP, they lit the crapout of me via Radar, so I mean they know where I am in general.... I dunk the Yamato and die-- probably the Play of the Game right there since, for the enemy, that's their last Battleship, and as you can tell from our survivors, we were Cruiser heavy [they had DDs]. We still have our Montana [that the NO was trying to burn to the Waterline earlier when he got Torped]... but they have 938 points, 2 caps, and a fair number of ships. Cue best comeback I think I've ever seen: well timed kills flipped points down letting us stop their counter from hitting 1000 and we took all 3 caps and then sank their entire team.

...So much got done right there. Very awesome game, and I would give Compliments to everyone.

Don't think I've been that excited over a Warships game in a while.

[DRACS]
Members
3,340 posts

Honestly, I kind of understand why it isn't. Each replay file is a couple of megs in size, and if players are not aware of this feature, these files will just add up and clog up space on a player's hard drive.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I'd be happy if they came out with a player where you could watch them, enable, and not worry about them breaking every update.

• Cool 3

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
28 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

I'd be happy if they came out with a player where you could watch them, enable, and not worry about them breaking every update.

Txmrl7p.gif

• Cool 2

Members
3,407 posts
6,070 battles
2 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Once enabled the only way them them to get disabled is if you totally reinstall.  Even then - it the game is at the same patch level as the Pref.xml - you could save the file, reinstall, and copy the pref.xml file and all settings are there.  Regular patches does not break the replay being enabled.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles
3 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Honestly, I kind of understand why it isn't. Each replay file is a couple of megs in size, and if players are not aware of this feature, these files will just add up and clog up space on a player's hard drive.

Client auto deletes old replays on certain patches. I don't manually delete any files and I only have 432 of the ~6k played. I have had replays enabled since open beta. So they are clearly capable of managing files without user input.

Members
3,407 posts
6,070 battles
4 minutes ago, Dodgy_Cookies said:

Client auto deletes old replays on certain patches. I don't manually delete any files and I only have 432 of the ~6k played. I have had replays enabled since open beta. So they are clearly capable of managing files without user input.

That is odd- I have had thousands of replays and had to delete files.