Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Free Camos cannot fix Tier 8

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,119
[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

WG if you want to save Tier 8 fix you're matchmaking. You are destroying your own game.

Certified Whine ThreadTM.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're on about, and wonder if you aren't just in love with your own words.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles

T8? You mean smaller T10 right? :Smile_trollface: 

 

But in all honesty i can somewhat agree. The fact that T8s have to grind along being thrown into mostly T9-T10 ships is a big turn off for me. :Smile_sceptic:

Not that you can't mitigate it with your own skill...but with some ships it's ridiculous.

Edited by Saidalphon
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
433
[FML]
Members
1,637 posts
9,912 battles

The point of being uptiered, particularly 2 tiers, is to ensure that you can play your ship when you aren't the dominant force as well as being able to wipe the floor against lower tier ships. It means that you don't get to be a bully all the time. 

 

Personally, in my cruisers I prefer being uptiered massively. Doesn't matter if it's a same tier bb or a be 2 tiers higher, they will delete your broadside. But being uptiered means the fires and/or flooding damage is greater and the XP is higher for the same work. Play a bit more defensively, survive to late battle, then do a hard carry. 

 

Better than whinging, anyway. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,650
[INTEL]
Members
8,461 posts
25,360 battles

OP has a point. Being uptiered 1/3 of the time is fine. Being uptiered 80% of the time is not, but that's what you get. I get tired of being constantly uptiered in T8, especially at server peak hours, except in Kutuzov, which burns T10 ships just as well as T8. Every time I get in a T8 I have to consider that I will be uptiered, so I don't bring certain T8s. Sucks. 

No reason we shouldn't get matches of all T8s when there are 12K players on the server, or at least a +/- 1 tier spread. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,597
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,763 posts
6,737 battles
39 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Being uptiered 1/3 of the time is fine. Being uptiered 80% of the time is not

 

1) I assume by "up-tiered" you mean being bottom tier? Otherwise 1/3 thing doesn't make sence.

2) You're not bottom tier 80% of the time. In case you think otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,990
[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles

IIRC, isn't T8 permanent camo 3k gold a piece? If so, that means you get 15k gold of T8 camo. My highest tech tree ship is T7 Pensacola, but I'm 2-4 away on the others. I'll get the T8 ships eventually. I never turn down free stuff from WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,623
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

The uptiering Tier VIII faces is nothing at all like the "Gimp" treatment Tier V-VI is getting.

 

Tier VIIIs get to flex their muscles against piddly Tier VI BBs and Cruisers.  The Tier VI DDs that aren't IJN have s--t detection ranges compared to practically almost every Tier VIII DD being stealthy.  Even the US DDs start getting stealthy at Tier VIII, whereas before they got s--t ranges.  The Tier VIII CVs farm lower tier ships like no tomorrow.  Their AA is not up to snuff in handling Tier VIII air attacks.

 

The price they pay is occasionally saying high to the big kids down the street.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
341 posts
1,905 battles

Hm, isn't there an event going on where playing T10s lately was heavily rewarded? I'm sure that had nothing to do with the increase in T10s playing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,623
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles
2 minutes ago, Greenday4537 said:

Hm, isn't there an event going on where playing T10s lately was heavily rewarded? I'm sure that had nothing to do with the increase in T10s playing.

 

The Anniversary Event for one, take out a Tier X and you get a Super Container the first time around.  I had been catching up and cycling through at least 1 time with my Tier Xs.

 

The Yamamoto Campaign also emphasizes Tier VIII+, and some of those current week missions put further emphasis on Tier IX-X ships.  So if you got a Tier X, why'd you bring a IX to do the job? :cap_cool:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,116 battles
13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

IIRC, isn't T8 permanent camo 3k gold a piece? If so, that means you get 15k gold of T8 camo. My highest tech tree ship is T7 Pensacola, but I'm 2-4 away on the others. I'll get the T8 ships eventually. I never turn down free stuff from WG.

you can get free T8 permanent camo for the Kiev, Z-23, Monarch, and Charles Martel.  Pretty sure that's what OP is talking about.

I'm with ya, OP! Being a DD is the only ship type I can stomach being constantly bottom tier in, so Z-23 is the only one of those ships I'll keep in my port.  Already sold the Martel, and will sell Monarch as soon as I grind through it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,990
[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles
3 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

you can get free T8 permanent camo for the Kiev, Z-23, Monarch, and Charles Martel.  Pretty sure that's what OP is talking about.

I'm with ya, OP! Being a DD is the only ship type I can stomach being constantly bottom tier in, so Z-23 is the only one of those ships I'll keep in my port.  Already sold the Martel, and will sell Monarch as soon as I grind through it.

 

That's what I mean, free camo that normally costs 3k a piece. Since I collect ships, I'll eventually get there for those ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
12 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

you can get free T8 permanent camo for the Kiev, Z-23, Monarch, and Charles Martel.  Pretty sure that's what OP is talking about.

I'm with ya, OP! Being a DD is the only ship type I can stomach being constantly bottom tier in, so Z-23 is the only one of those ships I'll keep in my port.  Already sold the Martel, and will sell Monarch as soon as I grind through it.

There's a 5th camo from the Anniversary, for the T8 US cruiser New Orleans.  Just to complete the picture.

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,768
Members
9,873 posts
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

The point of being uptiered, particularly 2 tiers, is to ensure that you can play your ship when you aren't the dominant force as well as being able to wipe the floor against lower tier ships. It means that you don't get to be a bully all the time. 

 

Personally, in my cruisers I prefer being uptiered massively. Doesn't matter if it's a same tier bb or a be 2 tiers higher, they will delete your broadside. But being uptiered means the fires and/or flooding damage is greater and the XP is higher for the same work. Play a bit more defensively, survive to late battle, then do a hard carry. 

 

Better than whinging, anyway. 

 

The fact that you're clueless about who plays this game doesn't change the facts, most players don't bother with top tier for exactly the reasons that have been posted.

I boggles my mind that anyone can play this game regularly, and not realize the vast majority of players don't take it seriously....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,391
[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,312 battles

I play several T8's...and yes, I see a lot of T10's in those ships.

I ain't even mad, though.  Here is my list of T8's I have that I am fine facing T10's with:

  1. Akizuki (<3 boat)
  2. Mogami (155's FTW)
  3. Benson (who needs Fletcher?)
  4. North Carolina
  5. Bismarck
  6. Tirpitz

I haven't played Kiev much since it was bumped to T8, but with the new perm camo that will change.  She has to be better than the under-gunned and slow torp Ognevoi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
926
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,309 battles
2 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I'd have so much more fun with +/-1, but whatever. WG wants to be stubborn.

But then who would the T10s have to beat up on and feel all superior to???

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[KP]
Members
2,015 posts
18,493 battles
2 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Certified Whine ThreadTM.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're on about, and wonder if you aren't just in love with your own words.

Just because you don't like what somebody has to say doesn't make them wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,990
[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles
Just now, KalishniKat said:

But then who would the T10s have to beat up on and feel all superior to???

 

:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
12 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

But then who would the T10s have to beat up on and feel all superior to???

It's true. A lot of the appeal of playing tier 10 is being the biggest and baddest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

People have been complaining about tier 8 almost as long as people have been complaining about tiers 5/6. Is tier 7 still the sweet spot in the game? Can't say I play all that much anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×