Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeliciousFart

Friedrich der Grosse turret Dora traverse arc limits

4 comments in this topic

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

I've been playing the FDG on a friend's account for some time, and one of the things that's rather bothersome is the traverse limit of the rearmost turret (Dora, as the Kriegsmarine would call it). That turret can only point up to 140 degrees from the bow, compared to 145 degrees that all the other turrets can traverse. It seems like WG decided to put the aircraft catapult between the Caesar and Dora turrets, which is what seems to be limiting the training angle (most of the time the aircraft isn't even there); otherwise, by design all of the H-39 (FDG) turrets should be able to train 145 degrees over the shoulder.

I think it's worthwhile to give the rearmost turret 145 degrees traverse. This isn't an overwhelming buff, but it can help make the ship significantly more comfortable to play.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

There are plenty of other ships that can't turn their guns all the way due to catapults, boats, cranes, secondaries, etc.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,704 posts
10,050 battles

FdG is rubbish, so I'm for any and all buffs!

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

There are plenty of other ships that can't turn their guns all the way due to catapults, boats, cranes, secondaries, etc.

Perhaps, but they seem to be particularly limiting on the FDG. For example, the AA mounts on the Iowa reduced the forward training arc by about 2 degrees, while it's an entire 5 degrees for the FDG. Not only that, the ship frankly feels quite underwhelming. In fact, aside from Iowa/Missouri and Lion, the tier 9 BBs are rather lacking, being only a modest improvement over tier 8 BBs, so I don't think it's unreasonable to, say, give turret Dora on the FDG its proper traverse limits, or increase the center part of the weather deck to 38 mm on the Izumo.

Sign in to follow this