commodore_torakula

I know co-op is baby level. ..but:

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

43 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Wonder if he only played the Dunkirk operation previously lol.

There was another operation where you were rescuing a set of captured liberty ships.  In that one, there was a Shchors that would charge ahead, and typically get sunk.  If he sank, an optional objective would come up to rescue the Shchors captain by getting within a specified distance of it.  Could have played that one as well.

9 hours ago, Sotaudi said:

There was another operation where you were rescuing a set of captured liberty ships.  In that one, there was a Shchors that would charge ahead, and typically get sunk.  If he sank, an optional objective would come up to rescue the Shchors captain by getting within a specified distance of it.  Could have played that one as well.

didn't see that...but my exp. of the ops is limited.... ...and why did the person who sank a ship think it useful to rescue sailors of the opposing side?....prisoners?...surely if there were something like that in the game, it'd be geared to having DDs pick up survivors of one's own side....

Out of 6000 + games 303 Co-Op games played and those were for missions specific to be played in Co-Op. I don't feel the need to beat up AI.

13 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Coop is easier for those using main guns.

If you use torps however, it's more of a nightmare.

If you play a DD then it's hard but I load a cruiser with 4 torpedo tubes, kill the first wave of bot DDs and CAs with or without help of allied ships, then charge towards BBs bow on. Then pass them right on, and unload those tubes. That feeling though.

I try to grind out my ships in coop to update them, but getting toward T8 it’s pretty frustrating to do that.  Because if you don’t everybody [edited] about you bring a stock ship in random...

On 9/19/2017 at 0:30 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My win ratio for Co-Op is 100% :Smile_teethhappy:

You have my number of PvP battles in your COOP stats, but have my PvP win rate in your PvP stats.  Of course my PvP stats are marred by me bailing out on a match because I realized WG opted to shove me into a PvP match when I clicked on "Battle" from a non-main screen menu.  What a jerk move by the WoWS app.

You might want to play a little more COOP for practice, FYI.  I rarely can hop in even a COOP battle and get my gun handling right for a different ship.  So before you strap on the premium gear, get the gun handling down.

2 hours ago, StoptheViolins said:

You have my number of PvP battles in your COOP stats, but have my PvP win rate in your PvP stats.  Of course my PvP stats are marred by me bailing out on a match because I realized WG opted to shove me into a PvP match when I clicked on "Battle" from a non-main screen menu.  What a jerk move by the WoWS app.

You might want to play a little more COOP for practice, FYI.  I rarely can hop in even a COOP battle and get my gun handling right for a different ship.  So before you strap on the premium gear, get the gun handling down.

My PVP stats are scarred from the Month of Msrch because Spring Break week is divided up depending on where you live so you had kids out of school pretty much the entire month and I had the worst luck for that month, plus the fact I did not have high enough Captains yet to be able to carry teams all added up to bad start to the game. Have not seen such bad luck before or since then lol.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:27 AM, LancerUlysses said:

Co-op is great for letting off steam with buddies. Operations are nice too. 

I like operations, but man there are some people who really don't understand the concept. "Defend the base" does not mean "Charge the AI horde and die in 30 seconds".

5 hours ago, comtedumas said:

I try to grind out my ships in coop to update them, but getting toward T8 it’s pretty frustrating to do that.  Because if you don’t everybody [edited] about you bring a stock ship in random...

I bring stock ships to random all the time. I've seen many other players in stock ships as well. I have never heard a thing about it or seen in anyone in chat [edited] at anyone else for it. 

On 9/19/2017 at 8:50 AM, Wulfgarn said:

Coop is easier for those using main guns.

If you use torps however, it's more of a nightmare.

The bots in Co-ops are much more adept at dodging torpedoes than many humans in PvP.  They're uncanny.

It's like, they know...

***X-Files Theme***

5 hours ago, comtedumas said:

Because if you don’t everybody [edited] about you bring a stock ship in random...

They only know if you tell them. Hardly anybody loads in fast enough to analyse the ratings in the team rosters.

I pretty much always play stock ships, although I load them up with camo and signals until I have all the important upgrades. (standard acct. too) Never had anyone even mention one of my ships was stock.

CO-OP isn't baby mode.

CO-OP is nice when you just want to play some botes without all the stress and toxicity of randoms.

Bots are aggressive, so you get fast, furious action. None of the teams sitting at that back sniping, not pushing caps, etc.

CO-OP is also great for doing certain missions, like getting citadels. Much easier to do in CO-OP than in randoms.

Good luck and fair seas!

Carriers can be awful at down times in coop. 

I've played quite a few battles as a CV where I was the only human. More often then not, you end up in a 1v5 trying to kite and manual drop on DD's. 

The mechanics can be amusing to watch, though. A red bot and green bot will drive right up next to each other and just sit there firing. They'll be too close for torps to even arm, but they'll launch them anyways. And despite their closeness, their gunnery accuracy will still be like 20%. 

All the while, you can't drop on anything because the green bots are .1km away from your targets. So you watch the red CV basically say "KILL EM ALL" and drop torps that'll kill two green DD's and a red DD because net gainz. 

I guess it's more amusing than awful, but you're usually going to lose. Red bots > green bots. 

7 hours ago, comtedumas said:

Are you sure about that?

Nearly 7000 PvP matches.  I have yet to see a single person crap on anyone else for bringing a stock ship to randoms.

7 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Are you sure about that?

Nearly 7000 PvP matches.  I have yet to see a single person crap on anyone else for bringing a stock ship to randoms.

Then you ignore chat.

Ppl hate when you bring stock into Ranked, but I haven't seen anybody get mad about stock in Randoms. ...Not everybody is going to wait until they're tricked out to go into Randoms.... ...

Bots are the perfect opponets

They don't gloat when the kill you

They don't cry and spew hate and discontent when you kill them

For those of us that like having our fun without all the salt and rants, COOP is the place to be