You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

I know co-op is baby level. ..but:

66 comments in this topic

Members
1,238 posts
8,926 battles

I get that co-op is for practice and not meant to be difficult, but--

2 things:  A) When I get a new ship, (and I like nothing better about WoWs than getting new ships) I take it out for a shakedown cruise in co-op a few times to get the feel of it without hurting my teammates in random by not knowing how to handle it... ...(Altho I know with my bad stats, I'm not saying I really know what I'm doing anyway...)... I've seen people in random say, "This is my first mission in this new ship" and although I don't say anything, I think, really?....why would you be potentially off in random like that?......that said, I'm sure there's plenty of players who are instinctively good no matter what.... ....

B)...when I look at my stats for various ships in co-op, it usually surprises me that altho my WR is about 91%, there are several ships in which I remained undefeated. ...altho it's probably a little embarrassing to point up how often I do co-ops, that's seems good. ...and of course there's co-op missions where my side had no humans beside me or one or two others, and that makes the playing field closer to even with the way bots are braindead. ...

So:  What's your record in any given ship for total missions in co-op without a defeat?

Mine so far is 37 in the Izyaslav.

• Bad 4

[TDD]
Members
878 posts
7,891 battles

Undefeated- 69  New York

Most played - 217 with 206 wins Atlanta

now those numbers dont say how many times i got sunk lol

I don't play much co - op anymore though

Edited by nina_blain_73
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,501 battles

I don't think Ive ever lost a battle in Co-op since I started playing Random, the only time I play it now is trying out a new ship or to wear off a pink mistake

• Boring 2

Members
1,238 posts
8,926 battles

excellent.....you're setting the bar pretty high with 69 of them in any ship... ...I didn't think of most played....altho if I remember rightly, my most played was the Aoba at about 80 or 90... ...I'm best with DDs in Random, but with cruisers I'm a total washout....I tried so hard to get better with cruisers by playing them in co-op, especially the ones that're purportedly good when well handled, like the Cleveland, Furry Taco, and the Aoba....but even in co-op my results were comparatively baaaad...

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,934 battles

I don't test drive ships in co-op, even though it's probably not a bad play. 

I just jump right into the fire in Randoms :cap_rambo:

[LRM]
Members
365 posts
6,088 battles
5 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I don't think Ive ever lost a battle in Co-op since I started playing Random, the only time I play it now is trying out a new ship or to wear off a pink mistake

Me, too.  In fact I play tier I co-op when working off a pink badge of shame just to make it feel more like purgatory and reflect upon my sins.  Well, that and the fact the games rarely last more than five minutes.

I play a new ship in co-op for a while, sometimes until an upgrade or two is installed if the Wiki indicates it makes a big difference in performance.

Having said that, I don't keep track of how many wins in a row that I have; it seems like bragging about winning in solitaire vs. a bridge tournament.

[TDD]
Members
878 posts
7,891 battles
3 minutes ago, CorvusBB39 said:

Having said that, I don't keep track of how many wins in a row that I have; it seems like bragging about winning in solitaire vs. a bridge tournament.

I don't either but Wows does :Smile_hiding:

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,387 battles

They count towards the number of flags you get every year.

Some ships would be letting my team down if I showed up in Random....

Ranger, Lexington  .. there are more..

I did take the Lexington out on a good day, and actually did well against Enterprise and Shokaku...   but I was totally wiped out after each battle.

Strange..  never faced another Lexington in Random.

Edited by AVR_Project

Members
1,238 posts
8,926 battles
6 minutes ago, CorvusBB39 said:

Me, too.  In fact I play tier I co-op when working off a pink badge of shame just to make it feel more like purgatory and reflect upon my sins.  Well, that and the fact the games rarely last more than five minutes.

I play a new ship in co-op for a while, sometimes until an upgrade or two is installed if the Wiki indicates it makes a big difference in performance.

a) yah, yah, sins...Nobody really cares when you're pink, especially at higher tiers where they know what it means by default and understand that mistakes were made...I've never had anyone bring it up unless I started explaining..at low tiers new players might ask what it means to be pink....that's about it.

b) I'm not going to talk too much crap, but I don't believe Devilfish has never lost in co-op over a measurable stretch, because it don't happen--no matter how good you are, you'll get stuck with all bots on your side, and at higher tiers supposedly the bots are smarter...(still dumb, but not dumb as hell...and nobody's perfect by a long chalk.)

c) bridge is very skill-biased, but I think I went out of my way to belabor that I was not proud or bragging--if anything, the opposite......I'm just curious about other players' numbers...so step outta my face.

Members
1,238 posts
8,926 battles

weird...  the auto-censor changed "too much crap" to "crap" automatically. ...that's [edited]....why would I even use the word "crap"?.... ....yah yah warning points for circumventing the auto-censor..... ...my bare [edited]

Members
1,238 posts
8,926 battles
3 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Coop is easier for those using main guns.

If you use torps however, it's more of a nightmare.

whatever happens, it's better to go out on the perimeter, or else if you go middle, go in at first then swerve off and kite....bcos the bots always come down main street, and especially even in Two Brothers or the Solomons, where the channel is the place to pile in.....and I usually crash-stop if I get close, bcos then the bots' torps with overlead me...

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles
15 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My win ratio for Co-Op is 100% :Smile_teethhappy:

Add me buddy list pls.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles
23 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

I just found it fun when I met a guy who sunk an enemy bb then stopped next to the sinking ship because he thought u got bonus xp for picking up sailors from the sinking ship .

LOLWUT

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles

I've got like 80 ships I've never lost in co-op with, I have a 95% WR with like...3800, 3900 co-op rounds, tiers 1-10. I have a few draws in there, which is highly amusing to me.

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
54 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

I just found it fun when I met a guy who sunk an enemy bb then stopped next to the sinking ship because he thought u got bonus xp for picking up sailors from the sinking ship .

Wonder if he only played the Dunkirk operation previously lol.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Wonder if he only played the Dunkirk operation previously lol.

I had that thought, too. However, I don't recall getting more XP for rescuing sailors and soldiers from sunken ships. Maybe I missed that, I honestly don't know.

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
367 posts
8,958 battles

I wish they made operations available for every tier level, I'd probably play them a heck of a lot more.  As for stock ships, I still play them in the randoms because I enjoy pain. :cap_haloween:

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
4 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I had that thought, too. However, I don't recall getting more XP for rescuing sailors and soldiers from sunken ships. Maybe I missed that, I honestly don't know.

No, but one of the secondary tasks was to rescue an amount of sailors over and above the number needed to complete the operation.

I always tried to keep my ships as full as possible, that's how I'd fill up, since I usually lost some right after the pickup off the beach.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
2 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

Coop is easier for those using main guns.

If you use torps however, it's more of a nightmare.

Torps aren't hard to land. Relying on launch assist too heavily will generate misses. 

Launch a set, turn the ship, and figure the new course and launch for that

Played two games last night, hit 14 torpedoes in the second game, around 8 in the first.

Beta Testers
1,462 posts
8,728 battles

My best streak was somewhere just shy of 300 wins before I had a loss, if I recall correctly.  I don't remember what ship it was, possibly the Marblehead.  My current highest number of games without a loss is in the Cleveland at 75 games with a 100% win rate.  My highest played are the Atlanta at 972 games with a 94.44% win rate followed by the Perth with 541 at 97.23%, Marblehead with 534 at 97.19%, and Sims with 458 at 94.32%.

The win rates in the Sims and Atlanta would be higher, but I got the Sims with the Preorder package in Beta and I got the Atlanta right after the game went live, so they are the ships I have had the longest and suffered a bit from my learning in them and from the fact that, early on, there were fewer players at higher tiers, so it was not uncommon to end up in a lot of games with bots on both sides.