You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BaerenGott

Would like to purchase a Konig Albert

39 comments in this topic

[7CR]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
409 posts
337 battles

Hello all, and especially to WG folks!  I was not able to afford the Konig Albert until now...and now it's not in the shop!  Is there a way to request a purchase of that ship?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,071 posts
7,618 battles
1 minute ago, BaerenGott said:

Hello all, and especially to WG folks!  I was not able to afford the Konig Albert until now...and now it's not in the shop!  Is there a way to request a purchase of that ship?

König Albert has been removed from sale -- likely permanently.  The only way to acquire one now is through Supercontainers and possibly through future bundles like we saw last year during Black Friday.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Imagine if they allowed players to buy/sell ships on a WG-controlled market patterned after eBay... they'd make RL money on both sides of the deal. It would supplement their income quite nicely. 

But as of now, no can do. 

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

before the last update they mentioned that the KA, the Tachibana, and the Campbeltown would no longer be for sale, so before it hit I made sure to snap them all up....yah I don't know why WG works it like that, but I guess the premiums are premiums one way or another. ...I haven't played them very much while I earned my Shinonome and did the Yamamoto missions, , but in the fullness of time I will.....the Campbeltown seems very promising--my few missions in her seem to suit me.

[7CR]
409 posts
337 battles

Yeah WG has always been unique in their sales strategies.  I hope they offer the KA soon.  I find the low-tier BBs to be the most fun of any ships to play.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,238 posts
8,804 battles
22 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

König Albert has been removed from sale -- likely permanently.  The only way to acquire one now is through Supercontainers and possibly through future bundles like we saw last year during Black Friday.

4 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

before the last update they mentioned that the KA, the Tachibana, and the Campbeltown would no longer be for sale, so before it hit I made sure to snap them all up....yah I don't know why WG works it like that, but I guess the premiums are premiums one way or another. ...I haven't played them very much while I earned my Shinonome and did the Yamamoto missions, , but in the fullness of time I will.....the Campbeltown seems very promising--my few missions in her seem to suit me.

I didn't see anything about never being sold again like the Gremyashcy and the Imperator Nikolai which even with the games power creep are extremely over powered in their tier. This removal was the regular pulling back to put other ships up for sale.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
3 minutes ago, BaerenGott said:

Yeah WG has always been unique in their sales strategies.  I hope they offer the KA soon.  I find the low-tier BBs to be the most fun of any ships to play.

She's been removed for sale permanently. As in not coming back to the premium shop. The devs considered her too OP so they decided to remover her for good.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I didn't see anything about never being sold again like the Gremyashcy and the Imperator Nikolai which even with the games power creep are extremely over powered in their tier. This removal was the regular pulling back to put other ships up for sale.

PoW stated it in his post about it, and then again on his livestream that night. Which is why he was giving her away in his livestream.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

And quite the deal at that time, although I heard she could have been had for much less in the weeks preceding her removal. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,238 posts
8,804 battles
17 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

PoW stated it in his post about it, and then again on his livestream that night. Which is why he was giving her away in his livestream.

Ok, I missed that. I never felt it was over powered in the same way that the Gremlin or the Nikolai are. I have it so no worries there.

[-K-]
Members
5,110 posts
8,970 battles
36 minutes ago, BaerenGott said:

There was a post stating that they were removing it permanently for sale.  Sorry about your luck.

Then again, if you are scrounging $$$ to just be able to afford a $20 pixel ship, maybe you should reconsider your purchase in the first place.

• Cool 1

[7CR]
409 posts
337 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

There was a post stating that they were removing it permanently for sale.  Sorry about your luck.

Then again, if you are scrounging $$$ to just be able to afford a $20 pixel ship, maybe you should reconsider your purchase in the first place.

Not scrounging so much as keeping RL paid for vs my seeing the news that the KA was going to be removed.  I had to wait for more free pennies, and just didn't quite make it. 

[-K-]
Members
5,110 posts
8,970 battles
1 minute ago, BaerenGott said:

Not scrounging so much as keeping RL paid for vs my seeing the news that the KA was going to be removed.  I had to wait for more free pennies, and just didn't quite make it. 

Should've got a buddy to lend you $20 :Smile_coin:

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Not the best ship out there, lotta hype over it.

The majority doesn't do extraordinary in her, but there are a few that can. Mouse is one of them.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

You know, you bringing KA up made me want to take her to battle. She's like a steamroller against ducks if you get anywhere near an okay team that will distract red players. If she gets focused its rough but give her some space and yeehaw.  Big thing is turret rotation, using cover and constantly moving. Her gun range (mine at least) is under 12km. She very inexpensive to play. 

shot-17_09.19_11_48.47-0872.thumb.jpg.7a8e5cfbc511e38bebb0edc051b4ceef.jpg

Military flag gives a decent offset to her minimal operating costs. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,261 posts
649 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

You may also see KA in contests as well. 

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

Gah, only $12. I ignored it until I saw a certain video about how OP it was. Then they cancelled it, but I bought it before they removed it. I don't usually play Tier 3, but it fits in to the 21-knot positional play I learned with a whole string of US battleships. It's always a good way to snap out of a losing session. It has the issues of early dreadnoughts but is relatively well-protected. I don't have a major captain on it. It works best in tandom with any torpedo-firing ship.

[PS1HQ]
Members
71 posts
5,921 battles

I've loved the konig ever since I bought her, She's like a steamroller,but covered in chainsaws and modern day tank armor while the guy driving it has a Barrett .50 and picking off targets left and right 

I didn't even know she was OP when I got her, just bought it on a whim a while ago and then discovered what a monster she was.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
9 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

Yeah that post. And then in his stream he announced it was the KA.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[DRACS]
Members
3,374 posts

If you're lucky, WG will do Santa Crates like last year. BEST EVENT EVER. I got both Gremy and Nikolai from those, both of which are also discontinued ships, so perhaps you'll get a Konig Albert.

Although not sure they'll do that again. It was perhaps TOO GOOD a deal ;)

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles

There was nothing in the update notes about it being permanently pulled. Most players don't visit the forums, so they wouldn't have seen the post from PoW, much less watch his stream. I'm sure they would have had a lot more sales had they made an announcement on the front page/launcher. It's not like WG has a problem doing that, as I certainly remember when the E-25 was pulled from WoT and lots of people on the forum scrambling to buy one.

8 hours ago, BaerenGott said:

No explanation is needed. There's always someone who feels the need to tell you how or how not to spend your money. It's none of their damned business, but they just can't help themselves.

• Cool 1