You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Italian battleship tier 5.

45 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
39 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Does the battleship have any goodies?

Hydro or defensive fire?

Im waiting to buy.

What tier 5 Italian BB? The only tier 5 BB i know is coming is the Gangut (yes i know it's the October Revolution version but i i ships by their original names if they were changed).

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
14 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

What tier 5 Italian BB? The only tier 5 BB i know is coming is the Gangut (yes i know it's the October Revolution version but i i ships by their original names if they were changed).

Edited by abyssofthetriffid
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
25 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Guilio Cesare, a Conte di Cavour class battleship. She is currently in ST, but is about to head into live server testing tomorrow. It is unknown her consumables, but the stats can be found here: 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1925164651143206&id=1909055039420834

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
7 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Guilio Cesare, a Conte di Cavour class battleship. She is currently in ST, but is about to head into live server testing tomorrow. It is unknown her consumables, but the stats can be found here: 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1925164651143206&id=1909055039420834

Thanks.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
20 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

7 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Ah. Thanks guys didn't know (i usually use the extended tech-tree mod to see new ships and she wasn't in there).

[TWE]
Members
206 posts
10,119 battles

Great looking ship, but what happened to Roma? I thought that it was going to be next.

Beta Testers
120 posts
1,318 battles

I think originally Roma was next . But I read they added Giulio Cesare and decided to push Roma back to later this year . 

• Cool 1

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
2 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Does the battleship have any goodies?

Hydro or defensive fire?

Im waiting to buy.

no but it does have 150 meters dispersion which is cruiser level accuracy.

[HELLS]
Members
1,688 posts
15,246 battles

The guns on this class were rebored upward from 12-inch to 12.6 inch If my oldtimer's memory is right. Re-engined with the center turret removed and 28 kt speed she will be a whole lot faster than any other BB at that tier, with decent secondaries to boot. They could make her a T6, really. I'll consider buying it it at T5, depends on how they handle the guns. She may be a bit OP at that tier unless there's a gimmick...and usually there is.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,180 posts
2,029 battles

28 knots was only by forcing the engines, basically equivalent to sticking an engine boost onto your ship.

She makes 27 in-game,

As far as gimmicks... well, she has no consumable gimmicks, but she has two weird things going on, the first an unique accuracy quirk. She has absurdly good dispersion of 138 or 150m dispersion depending on the source, which if the former number makes her more accurate than the d'Aosta... but she's got that coupled with a 1.5 sigma, which is the same that is found on the twelve-gunned New Mexico and Fus, both tier VI BBs.

This will make for some interesting accuracy qualities. 

The guns fire a decently heavy AP shell (525 kg) at a solid 830mps, which, coupled with a 2600 Krupp value, should lead to some pretty solid penetration. They have the same max damage as Dunkerque's 13" guns, 9700. Her HE is also (surprisingly) powerful, also matching that of Dunkerque's 13" guns, with 4800 alpha and a 35% fire chance, the same as the Yamato's 18.1" guns!

The final gimmicky thing is her 120mm guns. Her secondary battery is impressive, albeit short-ranged (only 4 km :Smile_sad:), boasting four 100mm and six 120mm barrels to a broadside, all firing at 10 rpm (100 rpm to a broadside total). However, her 120mm guns only fire AP for some reason, which renders them... well, not all that useful.

AA wise, she's taking a familiar tune to d'Aosta, but without the DF. Her long-range AA is poor, only 26.4 dps @ 4 km, but her medium range-AA is very good, 69.6 dps @ 3.5 km (a value only beaten by the obscene amount of 40mm cannons on the Texas). The close-range AA, like on any other ship, means bugger all anyways.

As already mentioned, she's very maneuverable, making 27 knots, with a tight 640m turning radius and a 13 second rudder shift time.

For durability, it's a mixed bad. Her stealth is absurdly strong, 13.3 km (which out of the box drops to 12.9 km because of premium camo), which can be made as low as 11.1 km with concealment - better than same-tier cruisers!

Her amor tends to be uninspiring, but she's got lots of surfaces that can autobounce shells, including her original bow which is an 85mm middle-finger to any and all AP the comes through her rebuild bow. Her citadel is tall, but narrow, like d'Aosta's.

I have yet to calculate it's effectiveness against quick-fused AP found on RN ships.

Basically: Fast, maneuverable, stealthy, well armed, weirdly armored, with meh-ish AA that has a bite.

• Cool 3

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles

Horizontal dispersion is good. Sigma and vertical suggest otherwise. Anyone familiar bracketed shots managing to go over and under should know what to expect. More consistent amount of 1-2 hit salvos. I wouldn’t expect a lot of 5+ salvo hits. 

Members
616 posts
3,326 battles

Seriously, am I the only one thinking that the double bow in Cesare is a trial balloon for the decapping plates for Roma?:Smile_smile:

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles
11 minutes ago, BrentD15 said:

Seriously, am I the only one thinking that the double bow in Cesare is a trial balloon for the decapping plates for Roma?:Smile_smile:

Not really. There are other battleships with similar bulkheads. I can't seem to log onto NA right now to check how the various ones are shaped though, I think Yamato has a more octogon shape?

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,523 battles

I honestly can't wait to buy this ship....I have no double it'll kick serious *** in a tier 7. 

Sneaky Plumber Boat is Sneaky

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles
30 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I honestly can't wait to buy this ship....I have no double it'll kick serious *** in a tier 7. 

Sneaky Plumber Boat is Sneaky

The Polish are stealing arrrr jerbs again!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Plumber

• Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
452 posts
6,979 battles
On 20/9/2017 at 7:49 AM, SparvieroVV said:

Horizontal dispersion is good. Sigma and vertical suggest otherwise. Anyone familiar bracketed shots managing to go over and under should know what to expect. More consistent amount of 1-2 hit salvos. I wouldn’t expect a lot of 5+ salvo hits. 

Well, now that I have seen the ship in action, I think this ship can be OverPowered if she goes out live like this. Just making some comparison: Graf Spee's horizontal dispersion is 186 m. Giulio cesare's is 138 m. She will probably get her horizontal dispersion nerfed to Graf's level at most or at 150 m at least. That dispersion should make any cruiser wet her pants, at tier 5 there's no angling that helps against that.

Unless WG want her to overperform. She looks to perform alright against battleships, but scoring 9 pen hits and 1 shatter at 13-15 km seems a bit too powerful.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles

And that's why I say make it work like the actual SAP round. Long fuse and lower burn. Goes through destroyers and cruisers and still able to deal with battleships.

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
2,551 battles

Just going to warn you, it is a test build. I have no idea what is going to change since I am not a Supertester but just don't get your hopes up as I predict, it is going to change. Aka: It may be different upon release.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
49 posts
6,029 battles
On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 5:49 AM, SparvieroVV said:

Horizontal dispersion is good.

Was.  It's been bumped up horribly to 220.  

[ARC]
Members
452 posts
6,979 battles
On 27/9/2017 at 7:32 PM, SparvieroVV said:

My new conspiracy theory is WG wants to make sure Huang He sells better. :cap_popcorn:

I think the 220m dispersion is excessive. They should tweak the sigma if they want her to be reliable at least. Right now she would be undergunned and very inaccurate, so it is not looking good for her right now in terms of performance.

[VVV]
Members
2,399 posts
18 hours ago, hanesco said:

I think the 220m dispersion is excessive. They should tweak the sigma if they want her to be reliable at least. Right now she would be undergunned and very inaccurate, so it is not looking good for her right now in terms of performance.

Apparently WG is incapable of finding middle ground. 137m might've been too much, but giving an undergunned and relatively thin skinned BB the same dispersion as every other T5 but also worse sigma is ridiculous.Why couldn't they make it something like 180m dispersion?