You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Map rotation around tier 6 is so poor and the maps repeated so many times its horrific bad.

21 comments in this topic

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

The map rotation and selection at tier 6 is horrific bad so many bad ugly maps at this tier.

We urgently need new fun maps.

Can we please pull some fun low tier maps into tier 6 battles?

Im hearing so many complaints in chat about the repeated and zero fun maps its all unreal.

Whats going on ? why release new ships and no maps?

Just put the low tier maps into rotation in tier 5 and 6.

Please..................

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

we need around 5 more maps per tier bracket.

The game gets very monotonous so quickly.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,323 battles

Definitely need more maps for all tier rotations. But I prefer the mid tier rotation than the high tier. Lots of maps I dislike up there. 

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
14 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I disagree. I like it when there are fewer maps. I hope WG continues to do this.

yeah as someone who spends more time in forums than playing, why would you care at all lmbo.

Edited by Pata1985

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
5 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Ocean for T6!!!!! 

It used to happen.

Personally yes I think we need more maps. I'm pretty sure more are in development, give them time.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
57 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

yeah as someone who spends more time in forums than playing, why would you care at all lmbo.

It takes like 2 minutes to make a post and like 15 minutes to finish a battle. You're so incorrect it's not even funny. Try using your brain next time.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
1 minute ago, Elegant_Winter said:

It takes like 2 minutes to make a post and like 15 minutes to finish a battle. You're so incorrect it's not even funny. Try using your brain next time.

such math skills bro.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, Pata1985 said:

such math skills bro.

Seriously, why even quote me with such thoughtless drivel? All you're doing is wasting my time.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
38 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Seriously, why even quote me with such thoughtless drivel? All you're doing is wasting my time.

41 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

It takes like 2 minutes to make a post.

2 minutes at a time :cap_book:

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,252 battles

They have more maps. Certainly at least one of the operations maps could be used in Random with appropriate spawn/caps. 

But on the whole, good maps are sorely lacking. They wrecked the once-excellent Fire map by cramping it with extra stupid islands, so that the dynamic movement and firing that characterized most of that map are no longer possible on large stretches of it. A third of Trap never gets used because the spawns are so badly positioned. At least you can move and fire on most of that map.

And if you think T6 is bad, wait til you hit high tiers and have to play on the piece of crap that is Shatter, with that massive turd of an island in C. I look at that garbage and think "Whoever thought of that island in C doesn't play WOWs". I have never had an enjoyable game on that map. It needs to be removed from the rotation immediately and the people who designed it sent to Siberia to study e-game mapmaking for a decade. In the outdoors. Then there is Shards, another cramped, awful map with absurdly tall islands. Loop and Sea of Fortune are both identical cramped horrors that actually force players to camp. At least Estuary has an enjoyable perpendicular trend to the islands, and is good for cruisers.

So you're lucky, actually. In the high tiers there is not a single map I look forward to, not a single one that permits flowing movement and dynamic gameplay, except Okinawa, and none have islands that are tall enough to high behind but short enough to shoot over. They are all mostly bad. Okinawa is dull because there is one winning strategy on that map, taking B and C (ditto for Sea of Fortune). 

One of the great hidden factors behind the camping in this game is the crappiness of the high tier maps. Without islands to mask movement but permit shooting over, pushing up is suicide. 

The best map in the game, New Dawn, is in T5-7, but unfortunately I seldom see it since I don't play my T5 and T6 ships anymore -- got tired of being uptiered so WG can sell more high tier premium ships. 

Ultimately the problem is that WG's mapmaking has become formulaic, resulting in formulaic games. You get an A/C cap protected by an island wall, a more open B, and a cap with some islands in it. Every map is a variation on that. Need imagination...

[PVE]
Members
376 posts
8,189 battles

When i see people on here with twice the amount of posts as battles I think:

1. It's a reroll account.

2. They get paid to be up the forum's backside non-stop all day

3. That person has a STRANGE hobby.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
21 hours ago, Taichunger said:

They have more maps. Certainly at least one of the operations maps could be used in Random with appropriate spawn/caps. 

But on the whole, good maps are sorely lacking. They wrecked the once-excellent Fire map by cramping it with extra stupid islands, so that the dynamic movement and firing that characterized most of that map are no longer possible on large stretches of it. A third of Trap never gets used because the spawns are so badly positioned. At least you can move and fire on most of that map.

And if you think T6 is bad, wait til you hit high tiers and have to play on the piece of crap that is Shatter, with that massive turd of an island in C. I look at that garbage and think "Whoever thought of that island in C doesn't play WOWs". I have never had an enjoyable game on that map. It needs to be removed from the rotation immediately and the people who designed it sent to Siberia to study e-game mapmaking for a decade. In the outdoors. Then there is Shards, another cramped, awful map with absurdly tall islands. Loop and Sea of Fortune are both identical cramped horrors that actually force players to camp. At least Estuary has an enjoyable perpendicular trend to the islands, and is good for cruisers.

So you're lucky, actually. In the high tiers there is not a single map I look forward to, not a single one that permits flowing movement and dynamic gameplay, except Okinawa, and none have islands that are tall enough to high behind but short enough to shoot over. They are all mostly bad. Okinawa is dull because there is one winning strategy on that map, taking B and C (ditto for Sea of Fortune). 

One of the great hidden factors behind the camping in this game is the crappiness of the high tier maps. Without islands to mask movement but permit shooting over, pushing up is suicide. 

The best map in the game, New Dawn, is in T5-7, but unfortunately I seldom see it since I don't play my T5 and T6 ships anymore -- got tired of being uptiered so WG can sell more high tier premium ships. 

Ultimately the problem is that WG's mapmaking has become formulaic, resulting in formulaic games. You get an A/C cap protected by an island wall, a more open B, and a cap with some islands in it. Every map is a variation on that. Need imagination...

Correct the high tiers are even worse the best maps are at tier 5 and below.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

TBH the only thing about having a T10 is that you can go back several tiers and have a different map bracket, that is the only thing you can do to get some sort of change, other than that if you play T10 mostly, it gets as boring as T6.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles

I take it from all the previous post you are speaking of randoms? and I thought it was just co-op where it was bad with the lack of map rotation, I swear, it seems like at times at tier 6, I will get the same map 3, 4, 5 times in a row, BORING! 'Two Bothers' has to be the worst and most often to come up in the rotation....how I miss 'Ocean', at least on that map you were forced to duke it out, either at range or close in and was more realistic of how a sea battle would/did happen, don't recall reading about any sea battles where everyone ran and hid behind the nearest island/s, or about a CV running up through a narrow slot such as Two Brothers. lol

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

We need new maps. The repetition becomes boring. Also please fewer islands....the islands encourage the passive play and hiding and discourage actual ship movement. In a slower BB uptiered to a higher tier game in a big island map much time is wasted just sailing to a point where you can actually take a shot at someone.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
On 9/19/2017 at 10:39 AM, Rabbitt81 said:

When i see people on here with twice the amount of posts as battles I think:

1. It's a reroll account.

2. They get paid to be up the forum's backside non-stop all day

3. That person has a STRANGE hobby.

Congratulations on making zero sense.