Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Khrael

USS Massachusetts

112 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4
[MVKS]
Members
21 posts
3,927 battles

New South Dakota class battleship? I wonder if there is any word when she is coming and how it will differ from the USS Alabama?

massachusetts.jpg

Edited by Khrael
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[90THS]
Members
228 posts
885 battles

I believe this was originally what WG gonna give us as public version of Alabama ST 
However, thanks to western whiners, we got public version of Alabama instead and also throw Massachusetts into where WG cannot determine how she is going to be implemented.
:fish_palm:

Edited by New_Horizontal
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,737
[TBW]
Members
6,418 posts
12,065 battles

I whined and I also looked at the stats on the Alabama ST last nite compared to the Alabama. Thank the Gods we might get a better Ship than the general population Alabama. It may be that the Super Testers are just better than us, or it may just be that the Ship is a little OP (Alabama ST that is) at least if we knew the stats of these ships, we might as a team counter them. They are not however public knowledge for most of us. This makes them superior in the game. Please show the stats of all ships in the ship tree so we can identify a way to combat them. We already know they are OP so just show us how and we will overcome. +1 for the ship find @Khrael

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,145 battles

Seriously another premium USN BB, no offence to USN fans but at tier 8 as well come on WG lets think outside the box.

So now this makes 4 tier 8's including 3 sister ships and people complain about ARP clones, really original ideas coming out of St Petersburg.

Again ill repeat for the USN fans I'm happy for you but since we are lacking Italian and French BBs and hey lets go left field a bit and throw in a nice Austro Hungarian BB how about it WG are we going to get something different.

I would even settle for the SMS Goeben  or the ship under Turkish flag just for some variety, there are so many good BBs out there.

regards  

   

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,098
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,333 posts
6,609 battles
44 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I whined and I also looked at the stats on the Alabama ST last nite compared to the Alabama. Thank the Gods we might get a better Ship than the general population Alabama. It may be that the Super Testers are just better than us, or it may just be that the Ship is a little OP (Alabama ST that is) at least if we knew the stats of these ships, we might as a team counter them. They are not however public knowledge for most of us. This makes them superior in the game. Please show the stats of all ships in the ship tree so we can identify a way to combat them. We already know they are OP so just show us how and we will overcome. +1 for the ship find @Khrael

The Alabama ST is 100% identical to the 'normal' Alabama.

Takes you 30 seconds to get the stats of the ship, just Google the right words and you will end up here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Alabama_ST

So whatever makes Alabama ST OP, it's not something that the normal Alabama doesn't have. The cause for this sits in front of the Monitor.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,737
[TBW]
Members
6,418 posts
12,065 battles
14 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

The Alabama ST is 100% identical to the 'normal' Alabama.

Takes you 30 seconds to get the stats of the ship, just Google the right words and you will end up here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Alabama_ST

So whatever makes Alabama ST OP, it's not something that the normal Alabama doesn't have. The cause for this sits in front of the Monitor.

My Alabama stats are just fine, I was talking about the general population stats and the ST stats, and how I have to search for those stats, as you pointed out. which I don't, search for stats that is, but thanks I will compare them. +1 to you. I can admit when I am mistaken, the ship is the same except for the camo, just better players, I guess, is the difference. Salutations to the Super Testers, they do great work. That I can not deny.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,225
[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,093 posts
7,667 battles

Nothing worth getting angry over.  I imagine they already had Massachusetts modeled and ready to go since she's basically a palette-swap of Alabama.  If they don't give her any dumb gimmicks like radar, then she can just be an alternate purchase option to Alabama.

 

In short, wake me up when we get California.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,584
[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
13 minutes ago, Seraphil said:

If they don't give her any dumb gimmicks like radar

You know that's *exactly* what they're gona do right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles

From Reddit. 

 


ST, American battleship Massachusetts, tier VIII.
(Alabama Stats) 

Hit points - 66 300 (Alabama: 63300) 

plating - 32 mm, belt - 310 mm (same) 

Main battery - 3х3 406 mm (same) 

Firing range - 23.5 km (21.1 km) 

HE damage - 5700, AP damage - 13100 (same) 

Reload time 30 s. (same) 

180 degree turn time - 45 s (40s) 

maximum dispersion - 295 (271) 

HE initial velocity - 803 m/s (same) 

AP initial velocity - 701 m/s (same) 

Maximum speed - 27.5 kt (same) 

Turning circle radius - 710 m (same) 

rudder shift time - 15.7 s (15.1 s) 

Surface detectability - 16.1 km (16.2 km) 

air detectability - 12.2 km (12.1 km) 

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,278
[RKLES]
Members
7,234 posts
9,038 battles
2 hours ago, Khrael said:

New South Dakota class battleship? I wonder if there is any word when she is coming and how it will differ from the USS Alabama?

massachusetts.jpg

Going to be visiting the real ship this Fall. :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,471
[-K-]
Members
5,308 posts
9,134 battles
1 hour ago, Lionel92 said:

Maybe she is the tier 8 in the next US BB line; just wait till WG give info

Would definitely prefer her to be a T8 tech tree ship in a potential second BB line, rather than premium clone of an existing ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
4,982 posts
5,610 battles

Why WG?!?!?!

Spoiler

You know I have no self-control, and will 90% buy this. :c

Can we at least get a dark maroon camo to make it different from Alabama?

 

Edited by KmsH44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
776
[SF-A]
Members
2,902 posts
5,722 battles

Bummer. I was hoping for it to be a part of a split somewhere down the line. If she's premium, I guarantee she will have some gimmick, but it's still a toss-up for me between a radar or an engine boost.

 

EDIT: On the other hand, if this is a FXP ship, I will be saving for it.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,756
Members
18,354 posts
5,238 battles
47 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Would definitely prefer her to be a T8 tech tree ship in a potential second BB line, rather than premium clone of an existing ship.

 

They'll probably use South Dakota for the tech tree, since it's the name of the ship class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,424
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,266 posts
2,029 battles

I mean, I was all for Mass for her history... but that was, you know, before Alabama.

 

We did we really need another tier VIII USN premium, especially one of the same class?

 

I mean, I'm all for historical premiums, but that's more than a little redundant.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
31 posts
6,712 battles
2 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

Maybe she is the tier 8 in the next US BB line; just wait till WG give info

Don't think so, because they name it Massachusetts, no South Dakota like his class. If they introduced it in the tech tree as tier 8 in a new line they had to named it like his class.

This is a premium or a reward ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 hour ago, SparvieroVV said:

From Reddit. 

 


ST, American battleship Massachusetts, tier VIII.
(Alabama Stats) 

Hit points - 66 300 (Alabama: 63300) 

plating - 32 mm, belt - 310 mm (same) 

Main battery - 3х3 406 mm (same) 

Firing range - 23.5 km (21.1 km) 

HE damage - 5700, AP damage - 13100 (same) 

Reload time 30 s. (same) 

180 degree turn time - 45 s (40s) 

maximum dispersion - 295 (271) 

HE initial velocity - 803 m/s (same) 

AP initial velocity - 701 m/s (same) 

Maximum speed - 27.5 kt (same) 

Turning circle radius - 710 m (same) 

rudder shift time - 15.7 s (15.1 s) 

Surface detectability - 16.1 km (16.2 km) 

air detectability - 12.2 km (12.1 km) 

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

Reddit got the info from the Dev Blog. 

 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1935449560114715&id=1909055039420834

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×