Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Amatsukaze_KaiNi

Obligatory Exploding Izumo (GZ Test 1)

25 comments in this topic

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles

(WIP) World of Warships: GZ Test I by PH-PennySnowFlyer

Obligatory Exploding Turtle Back Izumo.
Battle from yesterday.

Clear Info of the GZ Test I:

Spoiler

Dispersion ellipse of the bombs has been narrowed to 54 х 210 meters;
When ALT-attack is used or under defensive fire ellipse changes stay the same comparing with the previous version - the ellipse narrows when ALT-attack is used – -50% to dispersion, under defensive fire dispersion increases on 40%;
The speed of bomb falling has been increased to 375 m/s;
The bomb fall time has been reduced to 3.8 sec.
Aircraft take-off time has been cut twice;
The tier of fighters has been reduced to 7 without changes in their battle performance.

In general, the first version is designed for players with a high skill in playing on aircraft carriers. Such performance 
characteristics of bombers will provide good accuracy, however, one must be alert – it is necessary to choose target lead accurately and to anticipate maneuver of the enemy ship.

Reducing squadron take-off time will provide a pleasant bonus of a few seconds for the air group in a mass takeoff. This will give a slight advantage at the beginning of the battle and will allow your fighters to be one of the first over the strategic points of the battlefield;

We have reduced bomb fall time and narrowed dispersion ellipse of the bombs. A delay of 3.8 seconds still gives the target ship a chance to lay an evasive maneuver down, but it will allow bombers hit maneuvering targets more efficiently and hit camping targets or targets that do not change their course;

Increasing the speed of bomb falling will increase the value of armor penetration and give more opportunities for consistent damage to armored ships;

Reducing the tier of fighters without changes in their battle performance will give a pleasant bonus when using the "Dogfighting Expert" skill.

Edited by DJ_PON3_ZaNe
Re-edit title
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

Oh that's just evil. I'm grinding the Izumo and it's already hard enough... [ "¯^¯]

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles
2 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Oh that's just evil. I'm grinding the Izumo and it's already hard enough... [ "¯^¯]

I do believe its just what RNG is doing. Randomly puts someone to be devastated that easily or not

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,249 battles

That's utter [edited]. 

I sincerely hope that whoever thought putting AP dive-bombers in this game dies of a debilitating brain aneurysm (at least in its current state).

Ok, that was a little harsh, but they do need to rethink what they are doing. 

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles
6 minutes ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

That's utter bullsh!t. 

I sincerely hope that whoever thought putting AP dive-bombers in this game dies of a debilitating brain aneurysm (at least in its current state).

Ok, that was a little harsh, but they do need to rethink what they are doing. 

Much more worse than her TB before eh?

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles
1 hour ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

I do believe its just what RNG is doing. Randomly puts someone to be devastated that easily or not

Yup, but 69k damage - it may as well have been a detonation. Haha! I think the most I've done is 30k on a Friedrich der Große.

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles
9 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Yup, but 69k damage - it may as well have been a detonation. Haha! I think the most I've done is 30k on a Friedrich der Große.

Although I say its somewhat balanced. Its still has its 3 second delay though so it depends on how they sail ( straight or not )
And huh, Nice Job! the only biggest damaged i did on FDG is 26k by using Iowa

Edit:
I don't know how the Izumo feels when he got devastated. Hopefully he/she will forgive me ;-;
Now come to think of it, I wanna know how it feels to get devastated like that...

Edited by DJ_PON3_ZaNe

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
11 minutes ago, Panbun said:

I have seen someone doing 73k damage with three squadrons on a Yamato. Yamato survived it, because he was full health...
Also an Iowa who thought he had good AA lost almost all his HP.

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles
7 minutes ago, joris92 said:

I have seen someone doing 73k damage with three squadrons on a Yamato. Yamato survived it, because he was full health...
Also an Iowa who thought he had good AA lost almost all his HP.

I could imagine how p*ss*d off the Yamato getting dealing that kind of amount of damage
Hmm, I should start testing her then on Training Room so I could record something useful ( probably gonna have fun detonating helpless BBs :cap_haloween:)

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles
4 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Oh yes I do, I kind of tired of this test ship and want to test another version of it. like a 222 for instance for GZ :cap_like:

Members
1,015 posts
12,912 battles

The Izumo couldn't have been doing much maneuvering for you to land 13 bombs. Doing that is in and of it's self worthy of a kill no matter what kind of bombs you're using.

So it's down now to a 3 second delay? That could be workable for some. I like the idea of a 2-2-2 loadout for the GZ. I hope that's what we get when it's re released to the public.

Edited by CrazyHorse_Denver

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,506 posts
6,673 battles

Very much RNG, that puts the Battleships (IJN) that are most vulnerable to Graf Zep AP bombers in a convenient spot. It happens, quite a lot, but really demands a huge silly mistake to be made by the opposing team.

"Excuse me, would you be so kind as to park your Izumo just there, 20 km away from the nearest AA support, don't move now, keep still, we want this to be a perfect shot, now smile; CHEESE!"

The incredible thing, is that people do just that.

• Cool 1

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles
3 hours ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

The Izumo couldn't have been doing much maneuvering for you to land 13 bombs. Doing that is in and of it's self worthy of a kill no matter what kind of bombs you're using.

So it's down now to a 3 second delay? That could be workable for some. I like the idea of a 2-2-2 loadout for the GZ. I hope that's what we get when it's re released to the public.

Just a clear info ( not really into reading stuff )

Spoiler

Greetings, captains!

We are pleased to announce that the first phase of Graf Zeppelin testing starts on September 14.

All test participants will receive two aircraft carriers. Each of them will have AP bombs, differing by their settings of drop ellipse, bomb fall time and other settings. Please, find further information below.

As you might have known, originally AP bombs used to have the following characteristics:

Dispersion ellipse of the bombs was 54 х 270 meters;
The ellipse narrowed when ALT-attack was used – -50% to dispersion;
Under defensive fire dispersion increased on 40%;
The speed of bomb falling was 345 m/s;
The bomb fall time was 6.0 sec.

Now we present you two updated versions of bombers with AP bombs:

The first version:

Dispersion ellipse of the bombs has been narrowed to 54 х 210 meters;
When ALT-attack is used or under defensive fire ellipse changes stay the same comparing with the previous version - the ellipse narrows when ALT-attack is used – -50% to dispersion, under defensive fire dispersion increases on 40%;
The bomb fall time has been reduced to 3.8 sec.
Aircraft take-off time has been cut twice;
The tier of fighters has been reduced to 7 without changes in their battle performance.

In general, the first version is designed for players with a high skill in playing on aircraft carriers. Such performance 
characteristics of bombers will provide good accuracy, however, one must be alert – it is necessary to choose target lead accurately and to anticipate maneuver of the enemy ship.

Reducing squadron take-off time will provide a pleasant bonus of a few seconds for the air group in a mass takeoff. This will give a slight advantage at the beginning of the battle and will allow your fighters to be one of the first over the strategic points of the battlefield;

We have reduced bomb fall time and narrowed dispersion ellipse of the bombs. A delay of 3.8 seconds still gives the target ship a chance to lay an evasive maneuver down, but it will allow bombers hit maneuvering targets more efficiently and hit camping targets or targets that do not change their course;

Increasing the speed of bomb falling will increase the value of armor penetration and give more opportunities for consistent damage to armored ships;

Reducing the tier of fighters without changes in their battle performance will give a pleasant bonus when using the "Dogfighting Expert" skill.

The second version:

Drop ellipse has been changed, now it is a circle of 120 х 120 meters;

The circle narrows when ALT-attack is used – -20% to dispersion;
Under defensive fire dispersion increases on 100% when using auto-attack, and on 50% when using ALT-attack;
The bomb fall time has been reduced to 1.0 sec.

In this version, the fighters have no changes comparing to the original version.

The second version is designed for all players and does not require special skills in playing on aircraft carriers, although the performance of this version may be lower, it will allow the beginners to achieve more stable results. Bombs fall with a delay close to the standard, but the drop area will prevent from consistently hitting the target with all bombs, while the probability of hitting cruisers and other narrow targets has been significantly reduced.

The task for testers will be given a bit later. Please keep in mind that we will test other options as well, but for now, we would like you to concentrate on the two suggested loadouts.

Thanks for reading, and see you soon!

[NG-NL]
Members
4,962 posts
8,109 battles

If it's brutal, that's good enough for a CV. Buffing plane HP so only AA builds (T8-10) can reliably shoot down planes is fine by me, honestly.

Though forumites like Vaitama and Taichunger will cry that this is obviously OP and where is their free no-CV button. Be nice if WG publicly humiliated them for being part of the problem.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,506 posts
6,673 battles

Just came out of a tier10 battle, versus a GZ1/ He sank a Bismarck in one wave of dbs, the BB was sailing straight at a constant speed, independently without backup from t10 and 9 cruisers that were also in the team. I warned him in in game chat, to WASD and take evasive action. I was ignored (naturally), and he sank, deservedly so. Then chat exploded with "wth!", and "Graf Zep is OP!"

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles

Honestly if you are mad about this amount of AP bomb damage you clearly haven't had a Taiho captain nail you with all 12 torpedoes. Takes almost every ship in the game from 100% to 0 in one strike, if not the dive bombers will finish you off.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,506 posts
6,673 battles
21 minutes ago, Grathew said:

Honestly if you are mad about this amount of AP bomb damage you clearly haven't had a Taiho captain nail you with all 12 torpedoes. Takes almost every ship in the game from 100% to 0 in one strike, if not the dive bombers will finish you off.

We are getting deep running torpedos in next round of testing.

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

We are getting deep running torpedos in next round of testing.

oh no those are going to be useless.

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles

To quantify my previous statement some. What we know about Deep running torpedoes is that they are stealthy, do good damage and for sure can only hit battleships and some cruisers. (I haven't seen a list of what those cruisers are but they say heavy cruisers, but as heavy and light cruisers aren't separate classes at this point it's all speculation) So Graf will get deep running torpedoes that will do a large amount of damage (the original 10k for now) and likely have a good number of torpedo bombers (say the original 15). With that load out GZ would be putting up 150k torpedo damage. That's overkill for everything other than Yamato and maybe Alabama, solely due to their 55% and 50% torpedo damage reduction bulges that will eat up a good amount of damage. Now deep running torps will prevent that damage from effecting some ships but it won't help anything in the longer term due to the torpedoes being just as impossible to dodge due to air drop. So AP bombs are as good if not a better solution than deep running torpedoes on a carrier. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,633 posts
14,025 battles

The thought of BB players being worried about getting one-shotted brings a smile to this Cruiser Main player.

Welcome to the rest of the game that everyone else plays by.

• Cool 1

[SXXKT]
Members
49 posts
3,699 battles
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:54 PM, Panbun said:

I'm sure it was a detonation.  I "deleted" a Bismarck last game, I've seen people coming on here bragging about it like it proves the GZ is just fine.

Its not.  1 bomb got a lucky hit and the Bismarck did a Hood.  That seldom seen RNG event is hardly the basis to have a crippled ship - that we PAID for.

Still the bomb hit rate is generally abysmal unless you can find a fool that is dead in the water camping, or ran aground (and I've seen entire squadrons miss every bomb on such a ship despite the drop zone being entirely encompassed within the ships hull boundaries - bug maybe?).  Otherwise, you can't hope to help out and stop a DD, Cruisers can easily dodge the bomb delay, and on moving BBs the bomb damage is often 0 or a few hundred points.  Your fighters aren't par with much of anything, I just did a strafe dance between the GZ 1 I was playing and a GZ 2 - one of the more annoying games I've played in a carrier despite the Bismarck going boom.

[PS1HD]
Members
55 posts
1,490 battles
3 hours ago, Saxxonknight said:

I'm sure it was a detonation.  I "deleted" a Bismarck last game, I've seen people coming on here bragging about it like it proves the GZ is just fine.

Its not.  1 bomb got a lucky hit and the Bismarck did a Hood.  That seldom seen RNG event is hardly the basis to have a crippled ship - that we PAID for.

Still the bomb hit rate is generally abysmal unless you can find a fool that is dead in the water camping, or ran aground (and I've seen entire squadrons miss every bomb on such a ship despite the drop zone being entirely encompassed within the ships hull boundaries - bug maybe?).  Otherwise, you can't hope to help out and stop a DD, Cruisers can easily dodge the bomb delay, and on moving BBs the bomb damage is often 0 or a few hundred points.  Your fighters aren't par with much of anything, I just did a strafe dance between the GZ 1 I was playing and a GZ 2 - one of the more annoying games I've played in a carrier despite the Bismarck going boom.

So you know that the point of the delay is to make its captain focus on manually dropping the bombs. It is possible with the GZ 1 to line up and reliably delete enemy battle ships, you just have to lead them like you would lead long range shots from any other ship.

[SXXKT]
Members
49 posts
3,699 battles
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:46 AM, Ascinius said:

So you know that the point of the delay is to make its captain focus on manually dropping the bombs. It is possible with the GZ 1 to line up and reliably delete enemy battle ships, you just have to lead them like you would lead long range shots from any other ship.

Umm, your statement is exactly my point.  Its not possible to "reliably" delete enemy battleships, its reliant on an occasional RNG granted detonation.  I've put 18 bombers on a stationary ship that the ellipse was within the confines of the ship the entire time and past the delay and not a single hit or damage resulted.

The leading and drop time are not reliable neither, its very possible and common that the ship changes direction while the commit is already made thus dodging the entire thing even if you anticipate because with approach, drop and delay time its more like 6+ seconds.  Because if you change your target in the last few seconds to account for a last second course change, the planes go around and make a new approach (meaning generally there will be none left for a second pass with AA at that Tier).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this