Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Silisquish

New Flag Reward Idea for Devastating Strike

New Flag Reward Idea for Devastating Strike  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes.
    • No.

17 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

New flag: an economic flag (because a combat flag would force them to add a new row just for that while economic flag row can take a sixth flag).

Just like First Blood which is common enough to occur in every match this flag is awarded x1 per achievement per 24 hours. It is also a very weak flag because Devastating Strike is so common.

This flag reduces the cost of ammunition resupply by 20% or 25% or 33% or whatever percentage the devs consider to be fair.

Why would this flag reduce ammo cost? So the player can keep pressing the fire button and keep on gaining more Devastating Strikes, of course! Just like Unsinkable gives flooding reduction flags and Die Hard gives ramming flags this flag would follow the theme of encouraging the player to repeat the same actions they did to earn the flag.

I don't know what flag type it'll be but I'm sure at least a few naval nerds on the WG team will relish the thought of introducing a new signal flag to the game so figuring that part out shouldn't be a problem. In my mind, it's the Zulu, Jolly Roger, Trollface signal flag.

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles
5 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Ammo really doesn't cost much of anything.

Actually at high tiers it sort of does start to cost a few thousands of silver, and the devs can just make it so the cost is reduced by 100% if they want. Players who've loaded 7 flags but have nothing else to load could load this flag as the 8th. The point is Devastating Strike is the only achievement that has no flag rewards and that seems odd to me, like their flag reward system is incomplete.

Members
479 posts
2,029 battles

There is already a flag that reduces service costs by 10% why would they create another to make it obsolete?

[KMS2]
Members
189 posts
5,028 battles

I wouldn't mind that little bit of luck to go into an el-cheapo flag. Probably something other than munitions as they don't really account for much up until you get to T10, but that is really duct tape to the leak for the non-premium folks. Maybe something weird like a credit multiplier based on damage done or something more universial?

Some ideas? Primarily related to the damage side of things, which would make sense if it is the devastating strike award. I am having trouble finding munitions related stuff, however.

Spoiler

Note: Using modern international maritime code of signals

Alpha Echo- I must abandon my vessel

Alpha Gulf- You should abandon your vessel

Charlie Whisky Setteseven- Boat has sunk (note: usually applies to dinghies or rafts)

Delta Yankee Unaone- Did you see [vessel] sink?

Delta Yankee Terrathree- Is it confirmed [vessel] sunk?

Gulf Juliet- Wreckage discovered (at [coordinates])

Juliet Sierra- Is it likely [you] can refloat?

• Cool 1

Members
956 posts
11,173 battles
14 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

Actually at high tiers it sort of does start to cost a few thousands of silver, and the devs can just make it so the cost is reduced by 100% if they want. Players who've loaded 7 flags but have nothing else to load could load this flag as the 8th. The point is Devastating Strike is the only achievement that has no flag rewards and that seems odd to me, like their flag reward system is incomplete.

A few thousand is basically nothing, especially when service cost can be around 200k+.  Don't see any merit in your suggestion at all.

There is no ship in game that can't make use of 8 flags.  The real suggestion would be to allow more flags mounted but there really isn't a need or reason for that outside of Carriers that can only mount 4 flags.

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles
6 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

There is already a flag that reduces service costs by 10% why would they create another to make it obsolete?

This flag wouldn't make the First Blood flag obsolete at all. That makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

A few thousand is basically nothing, especially when service cost can be around 200k+.  Don't see any merit in your suggestion at all.

There is no ship in game that can't make use of 8 flags.  The real suggestion would be to allow more flags mounted but there really isn't a need or reason for that outside of Carriers that can only mount 4 flags.

Yeah because WG originally didn't want to give any reward for Devastating Strike so the flag reward I'm suggesting is intentionally weak.

I'm trying to convince the devs to implement a flag for a reward they must have considered too common to merit any flag reward at all. That way every achievement will have an associated flag to it. Players across the globe with OCD will rejoice! 

Also you're assuming everyone is good enough to get multiple signal flags; some players are less skilled than others and don't have enough signal flags to have a full set. Giving them a semi-symbolic flag for Devastating Strike would be a nice reward.

Supertester
415 posts
5,896 battles

They already have a useless flag (the one that reduces flooding time, because even with the flag your Damage Control will most certainly still come off cooldown before the flooding stops). I don't mind having this one as well. It is pretty useless, but at least is worth some credits. Honestly they might as well give players something like 10k credits for a Deva Strike every 24h hours, I think it would be worth much more than one of these flags.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
2 hours ago, MountainManxDan said:

Ammo really doesn't cost much of anything.

Then you wouldn't mind it being added, yes?  

Members
956 posts
11,173 battles
4 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

Then you wouldn't mind it being added, yes?  

I don't care I just don't think its an idea worth them spending time on.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
Just now, MountainManxDan said:

I don't care I just don't think its an idea worth them spending time on.

You cared enough to reply....so you could "care less?"

[LEGO]
Members
125 posts
3,171 battles
3 hours ago, Silisquish said:

New flag: an economic flag (because a combat flag would force them to add a new row just for that while economic flag row can take a sixth flag).

Just like First Blood which is common enough to occur in every match this flag is awarded x1 per achievement per 24 hours. It is also a very weak flag because Devastating Strike is so common.

This flag reduces the cost of ammunition resupply by 20% or 25% or 33% or whatever percentage the devs consider to be fair.

Why would this flag reduce ammo cost? So the player can keep pressing the fire button and keep on gaining more Devastating Strikes, of course! Just like Unsinkable gives flooding reduction flags and Die Hard gives ramming flags this flag would follow the theme of encouraging the player to repeat the same actions they did to earn the flag.

I don't know what flag type it'll be but I'm sure at least a few naval nerds on the WG team will relish the thought of introducing a new signal flag to the game so figuring that part out shouldn't be a problem. In my mind, it's the Zulu, Jolly Roger, Trollface signal flag.

Replace the detonation flag, and there will be room

(aka, also remove detonation while they're at it!)

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles
8 hours ago, riverslq said:

?  Why?  JC is an uber useful flag, especially for us DD players that get detonated frequently without it (even running the Magazine Mod).  

B

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles
19 hours ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

They already have a useless flag (the one that reduces flooding time, because even with the flag your Damage Control will most certainly still come off cooldown before the flooding stops). I don't mind having this one as well. It is pretty useless, but at least is worth some credits. Honestly they might as well give players something like 10k credits for a Deva Strike every 24h hours, I think it would be worth much more than one of these flags.

That credit reward idea could work too. As long as there's any daily reward given I'm ok with it (I'd prefer a flag, but it's really up to the devs). Heh, maybe even a 1x flag that just gives you 10,000 credits. Whatever the devs want to do as long as you get a reward like the other achievements.

18 hours ago, riverslq said:

Yeah. Does anyone... enjoy detonations? Even recently when I detonated an enemy dd at the start of a match it made me feel like I got cheated out of a fair fight.

Too bad WG doesn't seem to be interested in removing this fun and engaging mechanic. So many people hate it they must be well aware of the problem by now.

Edited by Silisquish

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
On 9/19/2017 at 9:36 AM, bassmasta76 said:

?  Why?  JC is an uber useful flag, especially for us DD players that get detonated frequently without it (even running the Magazine Mod).  

B

If detonation is removed, like the other poster said, how would that flag be useful exactly?

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

If detonation is removed, like the other poster said, how would that flag be useful exactly?

LOL, good point.  I read the post on my mobile and didnt catch the "(aka, also remove detonation while they're at it!)" part.  My bad.   

b

Sign in to follow this