You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pata1985

What would YOU change in WoW's?

124 comments in this topic

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

What I would change in WoW's would be:

1. Premiums need to have some sort of minimum battle requirements to be unlocked to buy, requirement being dependant on the premium ship tier.
  2. No outside spotting for anyone who is inside a smoke by regular sight, AA should be 0 if the ship is inside smoke too.
  3. MatchMaking only +1- Tier.
  4. Fix the 90% of the islands that make ships to get stuck by sailing very close to them. 
  5. Remove epicenter in ToTD.
  6. Bring more maps to the game, we've had 50 ships so far this year, how many new maps per tier bracket?
  7. Radar to spot ships in cyclone for the team if they are in the gap in between 8km and radar range ?
  8. Increase the CV credit, xp, capt xp and free exp by 50% to motivate players to use them while the so called "balance" is implemented.
  9. Make the flood & its damage divided into 4 zones like fires. (The dmg we have atm by flooding divided by 4, 25% per flooded zone).
  10. Fix the concealment of some ships like BB's having less spotting range than some cruisers of the same tier is stupid.
  11. Receive dmg if hiting an island? lol
  12. Make Minotaur and Neptune citadel the same height as edinburghs'
  13. A BB line with def AA mod? (French BB's will most likely get speed boost anyway)

If I remember more things I'll add them to this post. 

So, what would you guys change in WoWs?

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,174 posts
3,867 battles

+1/-1 tier matchmaking would do a lot to rekindle my love for middle tiers. A lot of my favorite ships are just in a range that is constantly fed to tier 7/8 and rapidly become un-fun to play.

If I play tier 5, changes are I'll only play 2-3 matches before I quit for the night even if I do well, because it's just that stressful having to be at the top of your game to be competitive in a Kongo vs Nagatos and Gneisnaus.

Also pretty sure the tier 5 MM wall is costing WG a lot of money in premium sales and players quitting.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 5

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,100 battles

return the torp detection range of certain dd clases, lower the citadel values a bit for cruisers. Laugh because no change will change the meta since its all operator problems.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
4 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

+1/-1 tier matchmaking would do a lot to rekindle my love for middle tiers. A lot of my favorite ships are just in a range that is constantly fed to tier 7/8 and rapidly become un-fun to play.

If I play tier 5, changes are I'll only play 2-3 matches before I quit for the night even if I do well, because it's just that stressful having to be at the top of your game to be competitive in a Kongo vs Nagatos and Gneisnaus.

Also pretty sure the tier 5 MM wall is costing WG a lot of money in premium sales and players quitting.

I second this, Why not at least try it they could always go back if it wasn't better which I think most would think it's better. Does any one ever like being the only tier 8 in a match with 9's and 10's? It would help with radar and many other game mechanics.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,327 posts
3,765 battles

Shells of all types deal HP splash damage to nearby hit zones reduced by intervening armor. HE shells come in immediate action types, which burst outside of the ship, and SAP/Common type which acts as an AP shell but with low penetration and a sensitive fuze. The maximum angle for a shell to penetrate is 70-75 degrees rather than 60. So rather than being forced to use HE against superstructure and the mucky HE pen thresholds, you either take Common shells against superstructure and extremeties, you HE ships to kill their AA and set fires, or you AP them to deal damage to internals. The point is to fix or eliminate threshold mechanics as much as possible(a hit that nearly gets to the citadel is almost as good as long as there's not a big armor plate in the way, immediate-action HE types can deal chip damage versus hull, and SAP/Common is good for reliable fire in most situations.

[SYN]
Members
457 posts
8,250 battles

1. CVs
 CV's have a place in this game, what I don't like is 4 CVs games. It is unfair to the DDs IMHO, because that's all the "Armor" a DD gets is stealth. Also at the tiers where
this can happen, generally the AA protection is very weak.

2. The Chapayev
 11.7 Radar range at tier 8 is $%%^$ B S. Really 11.7km for all Russian radar is B S, but the Chap is the worst and needs a nerf.

3. OWSF
 I think the BB players had a legit gripe about this and it really hasn't changed gameplay IMHO. I would like to see a shorter bloom the smaller the gun. Say 10-15s for
DDs, 20s for CAs and 30s for BBs

4. The Belfast
 I like this ship very much, but I agree that having radar/smoke/hydro is a bit much. If it was a choice between radar and hydro or radar/hydro and smoke would make it less OP.
Since Atlanta has to choose between hydro and DF and many other premium ships also have a make a difficult choice between consumables, so should the Belfast.

5. The Atlanta, CVs and MM
 MM protects CVs from the Atlanta. My evidence may anecdotal but I have 1403 games in the Atlanta and I know i am right. I can play 10 games in a row in the Fujin and have 8 out
of 10 games with CVs. With many of those 4 CV games and many T6-7 CVs. Switch to the Atlanta and *poof* no more CVs. With my full AA spec ship and Captain I get CVs 2-3 out
of 10. Switch to hydro I get 6-7 out of 10/ Its &*(%^& B S

6. New Players get shafted
 Seal clubbing is fun, I enjoy the hell out of it but newbs are punished further by not getting access to ship upgrades till rank 6, Captains (R7), signals (R10) and camos
(R11). While it does not take a tremendous amount of time to get to R11, the first 50-100 games the newbs are artificially handicapped. I believe it not good for new player
retention.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
25 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

1. Premiums need to have some sort of minimum battle requirements to be unlocked to buy, requirement being dependant on the premium ship tier.  Just make all premiums above tier 5 (?) free XP premiums.  BUT they should lower the free XP requirements, because right now, the cost of a free XP premium is nearly double that of a regular premium, if you were to buy doubloons to convert the free XP.  Free XP premiums require you to build up a considerable number of games to gain the unconverted free XP, or regular Free XP.
  2. No outside spotting for anyone who is inside a smoke by regular sight, AA should be 0 if the ship is inside smoke too.  Sounds good to me.
  3. MatchMaking only +1- Tier.  Meh.  IMO MM is fine the way it is.
  4. Fix the 90% of the islands that make ships to get stuck by sailing very close to them. 
  5. Remove epicenter in ToTD.  While I don't mind Epicenter, on Tears of the Desert, Epicenter is rather ugly due to that ring of islands around the Epicenter.  Makes for some damned ugly game play.  Then again, I don't particularly like this map anyways, no matter the mode.
  6. Bring more maps to the game, we've had 50 ships so far this year, how many new maps per tier bracket?  Good god, I soooooo agree with this one.  That said, I don't particularly trust the devs to come up with good maps, since IMO so many of them are crap.
  7. Radar to spot ships in cyclone for the team if they are in the gap in between 8km and radar range ?  Agree.
  8. Increase the CV credit, xp, capt xp and free exp by 50% to motivate players to use them while the so called "balance" is implemented.
  9. Make the flood & its damage divided into 4 zones like fires. (The dmg we have atm by flooding divided by 4, 25% per flooded zone).
  10. Fix the concealment of some ships like BB's having less spotting range than some cruisers of the same tier is stupid.  Agree. It is stupid that BBs can have better concealment than some cruisers.  But I also think that some of the Russian DD's need to have their concealments reduced.  Since OWSF is no longer a thing, there's no need for such high concealment ranges on the Russian DD's.  People want Russian DD's to play more aggressively and go into caps and so on?  Well, they might consider it if they didn't get spotted from the moon!
  13. A BB line with def AA mod? (French BB's will most likely get speed boost anyway)  Honestly, I don't like the def AA mod.  I'm of the opinion that any ship's AA should be what it is.  There's nothing special about cruisers that should make them better at AA.  The best AA ships in WW2 were US battleships due to the extreme number of AA guns they could mount on their larger hulls.

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles
21 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Y'know, I actually agree with AraAragami on something! :cap_fainting:

33 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

Increase the CV credit, xp, capt xp and free exp by 50% to motivate players to use them while the so called "balance" is implemented.

No class of ships should have any such advantages over the other classes.

• Cool 1

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

I think #1 will never be implemented for a legitimate fear of losing revenue.

#2 is something I was thinking about too.

#3 would only work with a good enough population.

#4 is basically a pre-existing bug that should be fixed.

#5 yes but they won't but maybe they'll change it by creating semi-circle caps instead of full circles.

#6 you'd think they'd be doing that already

I also think they should display spotting damage next to damage dealt, spotting damage should be divided amonsgt all spotters and grant xp. Because being able to spot makes scouting dds, cvs crucial but they never get properly rewarded so selfish players have no motivation to do it and newbies can underestimate its importance.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles

What would I do?

Dang, this could be such a long list.

1. Get rid of offensive smoke.

2. More maps, that are more open.  Maps that aren't choked with islands.

3. Change the overmatch mechanics so that ships can't use some of the weakest armor on the ship to autobounce shells.  Make them use the forward bulkhead belt armor instead.

4. Remove spotting of torpedoes by planes.

5. Give all CV planes some sort of flight time, so that they can't stay in the air without any limit.

6. Get RN and German BC's into the game.

7. Add the Austria-Hungary navy to the game, in spite of the fact that it would probably only go up to tier 6 or 7, since that nation ceased to exist after WW1.

8. Add an Encounter mode, but where the 2 teams' spawns and the Encounter cap formed a big triangle on the map, rather than putting the cap directly between the two teams.  Maybe use maps like the 2 Operations mode harbor maps here with the cap deep inside the harbor.  Also, Hotspot would be good for this, with the cap at the current "C" cap, and the spawns in the NW and SW.  And obviously Ocean would be good here.

9. More Operations.

10.  Give all cruisers starting at around tier 5 the Heal ability.

11.  Change many of the skills to be more realistic.  NOTE: this would not require complexity.  Just common sense.  Realism can be modeled with great simplicity and doesn't require something to be a hardcore sim.

12.  Change the upgrades module system.  I don't like how ships can gain access to certain modules at certain tiers.  IMO it creates a lot of unfairness and balance issues.  It really sucks if you're in a tier 7 DD that can't use a concealment module, while facing those that can.  Note that not all of these modules are equally unfair.  I tend to lean towards seeing modules that enhance concealment and gun range are the two worst offenders.

13.  I'd like to see the numbers of DD's equal for each team.  It stinks to go into a domination mode battle and be on the team that's short a DD.  It places you at a disadvantage, right at the start.

14. Give all (non-German) BB's better secondaries.  This is a national flavor I do not like.  Having weak sec's only encourages players to not be willing to move in closer, when the enemy happens to be a German BB with strong secondaries.  Put another way, the gap between the same tier BB's with the strongest secondaries and those with the weakest ones should be a LOT narrower.

I could probably come up with some more, but none come to mind at the moment.  And this is enough for now, anyways.

Edited by Crucis

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
1 hour ago, Pata1985 said:

1. Premiums need to have some sort of minimum battle requirements to be unlocked to buy, requirement being dependant on the premium ship tier.
  2. No outside spotting for anyone who is inside a smoke by regular sight, AA should be 0 if the ship is inside smoke too.
  3. MatchMaking only +1- Tier.
  5. Remove epicenter in ToTD.
  6. Bring more maps to the game, we've had 50 ships so far this year, how many new maps per tier bracket?
  7. Radar to spot ships in cyclone for the team if they are in the gap in between 8km and radar range ?
  10. Fix the concealment of some ships like BB's having less spotting range than some cruisers of the same tier is stupid.
  13. A BB line with def AA mod? (French BB's will most likely get speed boost anyway)

Just to adress a few of these(IMO):

1.) Never gonna happen. WG is a company, and companies need revenue. Restrictions on the things that any given player can and cannot buy will severely cut WG's revenue from premium goods. A tier III being sold to a noob is less money for WG then a tier VIII being sold to a noob. Unless you're also OK with WG doubling low tier ship prices to make up for the lost income this will never ever happen.

2.) If you mean that any ship in smoke should never get to see out of the smoke, PERIOD, then say goodbye to every RN cruiser, Kutuzov, Flint, and any aggressive DD captain in existence 

3.) This will needlessly increase queue wait times. Most likely will never happen

4-6.) Good changes. Maybe even replace ToTD with Ocean entirely.

10.) The RN BBs deserve a good whack with the nerf hammer honesty. Let the BBs get a taste of WG's treatment of DDs :P

11.) Not happening. No. Never. Nope. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,174 posts
3,867 battles
1 minute ago, FireAndHEspam said:

3.) This will needlessly increase queue wait times. Most likely will never happen

And what proof do you have that's so definitive it isn't even worth trying or testing?

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles
Just now, AraAragami said:

And what proof do you have that's so definitive it isn't even worth trying or testing?

WG's words not mine. Plus if anything the tier III and IV MM should just be nonprotected. Problem solved. Tier V and VI and no longer completely screwed by MM and everyone's happy

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,564 battles

A complete rework of TDS calculations for torpedo protection.  The current system only accounts for the raw size of the torpedo bulge, meaning that later designs (often much slimmer while offering better protection) get shafted in favor of old-school massive void bulges. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,666 posts
9,977 battles

+/-1 MM - at least as an experiment

Remove carriers.

Remove abusive divisions somehow.

[LRM]
Members
2,522 posts
4,919 battles

If I had my way and got to rule as a dictator in my own interests just for the sake of being able to do it, not that I should or would if given the chance, but, I would:
1. Remove the entire British Royal Navy and Russian Navy
2. Nerf the Germans and the Japanese into oblivion, and by oblivion, I mean you can go 5 knots WITH a speed flag. Guns would have such bad dispersion you have to sail 1 km from an enemy to hit them. Every time a shell hits you, you get detonated. Every ship, no matter how well you do, has a negative 500% economic debuff to it so you lose massive amounts of money. The ships also would reck your stats, and playing just one of these ships would cost you 10,000 doubloons, to begin with. You would lose a day of premium each time you que up in one of the ships. Oh, and Yamato would be special where she detonates when you press any key on the keyboard after loading in.
3. Buff American ships into god status. Give all ship shells a 3,000,000% overmatch value and give them each 1km of armor in there stats.

4. Make cruisers OP, except the axis as described there.

5. Add Italians, except make them normal, since they are Axis but they didn't do things like mass murder Jews or lay Chinese people on the ground and run over there heads with a truck. (Not joking on the last one, look up the [edited] of Nanking, but not the pictures).

If I had to make changes to the game in a real and fairway, eh, I would be dead before explaining them all, but let's just say not as anti-axis or America First as above.

Edited by Battleship_MaineMk1

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

1.) Remove the restricted MM for all tiers and ships. WG said they did because of seal-clubbing carriers which then had manual removed, hence MM should be reverted back.

2.) Rebalance the USN CV line, strike is a legacy holdover from when MM put cvs on teams willy-nilly resulting in 3-1 or 1-0 type scenarios.

3.) Make Karma increase the chance of super containers. (I wish I could remember who suggested this, he/she deserves the credit.)

4.) Decrease torp detect ranges.

5.) Give Mogami the same heals as Atago. Its kinda of shameful she has better detect, more usable torp layouts AND heal...

6.) Have ignore/block apply to F-key commands as well.

7.) greater chance of ocean. (slight increase.)

8.) WG publicly say they will not remove any class of ship from the game.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
added 7&8

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,981 posts
7,645 battles

Give all T8 non-premium cruisers repair and Prinz as well. 

Revert USN BB citadel change.

Nerf RN BB HE. 

Put Kutuzov in T9 where it belongs. 

Give FDG the same armour, range, accuracy of GK. 

Nerf all of the premium CVs. 

Give Iowa/MO option to use the North Carolina shells/guns which I personally prefer a lot more. 

Balance all the premiums so they are situational as they are meant to be and not just overpowered or straight up upgrades to tech tree ships. 

Give everyone free captain respecs every time a major change to the game happens.

Release Kitakami. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,037 posts
7,609 battles
2 hours ago, Pata1985 said:

It's like some people want the game to fold from insolvency...

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
4 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Nah, that's not really it.  They just don't really understand that the company has to make money. They play the game for free, so why shouldn't it be free for the company?

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,981 posts
7,645 battles
4 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

OH no a multimillion dollar company would lose some meager amount of income, how would they ever pay for the insignificant in comparison server fees without the small amount of players that buy premiums from fresh accounts? 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,037 posts
7,609 battles
2 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

OH no a multimillion dollar company would lose some meager amount of income, how would they ever pay for the insignificant in comparison server fees without the small amount of players that buy premiums from fresh accounts? 

How ignorant and belligerent can one post be?  Good gravy.

• So how much do you think it costs to produce a single premium ship? 
  • How much do you think Wargaming makes in net sales from a given vessel currently? 
  • How many of these premium ships are purchased by veterans?
  • How many of these premium ships are purchased by people who would not qualify for the battle requirement of the OP?
  • How many players would be lost per month because they were being actively turned away from enjoying new content like new premium ships (which are released bi-weekly)?
  • How damaging would it be to Wargaming's reputation that OP premiums would only ever go into the hands of the veteran (unicum) players before being pulled?
  • Cool 4