Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Is it possible to return a premium ship?

14 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

Topic title. When I searched, all I could find was information for World of Warplanes and the policies governing that game. If a player purchases a ship from the premium shop, is there any way to return it, or are we stuck with the SS Buyer's Remorse?

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles

If you've played it, no luck. If you bought it and haven't played it, good chance you can get your money back. Only way after you have played it is sell it for credits

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

Thanks chaps. Looks like I'm stuck with it. Oh well, I appreciate the replies. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,535 battles

would be nice to have a try option before buying or five game within a week for a return. Some ship's are just not for everyone

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles
3 minutes ago, _greifer said:

would be nice to have a try option before buying or five game within a week for a return. Some ship's are just not for everyone

Yeah, the FeelsBadMan when you're struggling to do anything in an overpowered ship is real. After costing my team the game a couple of times in the Kaga, I'm done playing it. No one else should have to suffer for my inability to play Japanese CVs. :fish_palm: I should have saved my money for the Kii, but after holding my own a bit in the Saipan and Enterprise, I got cocky. 

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts
23 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yeah, the FeelsBadMan when you're struggling to do anything in an overpowered ship is real. After costing my team the game a couple of times in the Kaga, I'm done playing it. No one else should have to suffer for my inability to play Japanese CVs. :fish_palm: I should have saved my money for the Kii, but after holding my own a bit in the Saipan and Enterprise, I got cocky. 

Maybe practice some in coop until you are comfortable. CV's take a while to pick up on since the play style is so different.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Maybe practice some in coop until you are comfortable. CV's take a while to pick up on since the play style is so different.

There are also ships I did not do well in when I got it, and six months down the road it's awesome sauce. You grow as a player over time. Don't give up on it, come back now and again see how it fits

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Man, I'm sorry Kaga isn't working for you. She's by far my favorite CV. Even with auto drops, you should be wracking up massive torpedo hit numbers, and the bomb hits ain't too shabby either. Her one issue is the fighters. The 2/2/1 setup works really well for me. I hope you can get her figured out. 07

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

The problem is that I already do fairly well in it in Co-Op, to the point that I don't feel like I can learn much more there. It's good for practicing my manuels, but not for my other challenges with the ship.

1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Man, I'm sorry Kaga isn't working for you. She's by far my favorite CV. Even with auto drops, you should be wracking up massive torpedo hit numbers, and the bomb hits ain't too shabby either. Her one issue is the fighters. The 2/2/1 setup works really well for me. I hope you can get her figured out. 07

For sure, I know that Kaga is good. I just can't keep my planes alive. Tier VII MM is brutal with AA, and enemy fighters devour my strike squadrons. My own fighters can't protect friendly ships, and they're barely a speed bump against enemy fighters going after my planes. The slow speed of the Kaga's fighters also seems to screw with my strafe timing, because though I can pull of strafes with Saipan, I can't seem to catch things with Kaga. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles
35 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

The problem is that I already do fairly well in it in Co-Op, to the point that I don't feel like I can learn much more there. It's good for practicing my manuels, but not for my other challenges with the ship.

For sure, I know that Kaga is good. I just can't keep my planes alive. Tier VII MM is brutal with AA, and enemy fighters devour my strike squadrons. My own fighters can't protect friendly ships, and they're barely a speed bump against enemy fighters going after my planes. The slow speed of the Kaga's fighters also seems to screw with my strafe timing, because though I can pull of strafes with Saipan, I can't seem to catch things with Kaga. 

I use her fighters so protect my strike squads, specifically due to their issues, and their tiers. I go through all my fighters, but I get my strikes through, and I make sure to not go after anything with AA over 50 if I can help it, until the end or near the end of the match.

• Cool 1

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
11 hours ago, _greifer said:

Lol I'd love that. As a (mostly) free player, I would buy a premium, load up my commander XP flags, and use it for retraining. Five games wouldn't be enough for my high tier captains, but would work for the captains I put in new Tier 6-8 ships. Then I could return the ship and save 500 doubloons. (that's the only thing I spend money on)

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Lol I'd love that. As a (mostly) free player, I would buy a premium, load up my commander XP flags, and use it for retraining. Five games wouldn't be enough for my high tier captains, but would work for the captains I put in new Tier 6-8 ships. Then I could return the ship and save 500 doubloons. (that's the only thing I spend money on)

I expect that any ship played during a trial phase would not be able to mount modules or flags, and would yield no rewards.

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

I expect that any ship played during a trial phase would not be able to mount modules or flags, and would yield no rewards.

Lol you're no fun!

I agree that would make sense though, as long as you weren't charged service cost either. (But you should see what you would have earned, as profitability might be part of your decision)

Sign in to follow this