Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

100 containers

21 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles

Saved up and have not opened the last 100 containers that I have gotten, normally I would either open them as soon as I got them or I would save 10-20 and then open them, this time around I thought why not, just go to 100 and then open them up, have at least 3 SC in the batch so we'll see what's in them later tonight.

QUESTION for the masses: How many at one time have you saved up or currently have saved up and how many have you opened in one sitting??

Sure would be nice if they had the container opening set up so we could designate how many we want to open all at once instead of the one at a time scenario they have now.

Have fun out there!

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I'm not "the masses," but I'll answer. I saved up 50 once but didn't find anything special. Lots of signal though.

[CAST]
Members
1,156 posts
7,159 battles

I saved up and opened 200 and recorded my winnings.  No supercontainers in any of the 200.

Link to the talley here:  

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles

I will say that people who were saving them up back in February were not very happy when the patch reduced the flags in a container from 5 to 4.  Because of that, I never hoard containers.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I always open mine when I get them. Haven't ever saved them up before.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I guess I'm a dumb loser for ever saving them up since all the cool people don't do it.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I've read on the forum the contents are chosen at the time the container is awarded, not when you open it. So really - no point in hoarding them. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts

If you don't open the container before reset you don't choose the type, and I don't believe that anyone has pulled a super container from a hoarded container. 

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles

So I opened those 100 containers last night, there were 3 Super Containers, what's funny about that is that they were all within the last 50 of the containers I received, so they were in the first 50 I opened, here's what all I got, just for reference, chits and giggles.  Thought I would share in case anyone was interested.

SIGNALS

India X-Ray 28

Papa Papa 36

India Delta 16

Sierra Mike 64

Juliet Charlie 48 

November Foxtrot 36

Victor Lima 96

Mike Yankee Soxisix 36

Zulu 72

Hotel Yankee 36

Equal Speed Charlie London 80

November Echo Setteseven 44

India Bravo Terrathree 32

Juliet Whiskey Unaone 52

Juliet Yankee Bissotwo 40

Zulu Hotel 24

India Yankee 40

CAMO

Type '1' 85

Type '2' 50

Type '5' 52

CONSUMABLES

Defensive AA Fire II 1

Damage Control Party II 9

Smoke Generator II 9

FREE XP

500 Free Xp 11

750 Free XP 1

CREDITS

50k 1

OTHER

4 Places in Reserve 4 times so 16 spots total

Super Containers

1000 Gold

25 Dragon Flags

50k Free XP

So all in all this is what 100 containers saved up can get you, I normally only save somewhere between 10 and 20 and then open them, thought I would extend it a bit more this time around as a one time thing.  As you can see by my haul I mostly go for Signals and Camo, there were a few Roll the Dice, they sucked as usual and 3 super containers, all in all it was not a bad haul, quite a few signals I can use and some that to me are completely useless and I will most likely sell them for credits.  782 signals, 187 Camos, 55,500 Free XP plus all the other goodies. 

Members
3,407 posts
6,070 battles
19 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

If you don't open the container before reset you don't choose the type, and I don't believe that anyone has pulled a super container from a hoarded container. 

Incorrect - in fact there was a thought not too long ago that hoarding the containers gave you a better chance.  My last one was via a saved container.

Members
3,407 posts
6,070 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Yup  I am wrong, which happens far too frequently

Oh heck - I am in software QA professionally and I could write books on being wrong... ;)

Members
163 posts
411 battles
On 9/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, Judge_Doom said:

Saved up and have not opened the last 100 containers that I have gotten, normally I would either open them as soon as I got them or I would save 10-20 and then open them, this time around I thought why not, just go to 100 and then open them up, have at least 3 SC in the batch so we'll see what's in them later tonight.

QUESTION for the masses: How many at one time have you saved up or currently have saved up and how many have you opened in one sitting??

Sure would be nice if they had the container opening set up so we could designate how many we want to open all at once instead of the one at a time scenario they have now.

Have fun out there!

Talk about delayed gratification.  Your parents must have loved you around Xmas time.  :cap_like:

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles
1 hour ago, OldFrog75 said:

Talk about delayed gratification.  Your parents must have loved you around Xmas time.  :cap_like:

Nah, nothing delayed about it, just getting a container is gratification, saving this last time around to 100 was an experiment to see how long it took and whether or not I want to do it again (not), besides it s not like I needed anything the containers had in them, still had over 1200 signals before opening and about 1500 camos, plenty of creds and xp, gold, was not short on anything. By the way, xmas time growing up, there were 6 of us kids and we were all very much loved, it always amazed me and to this day still does how it was that my parents raising 6 kids, we were basically your average poor family, yet they managed to make xmas magical for all of us.  Sad when I think about it, only to be a kid again, now xmas is just another day, lets have it and move on to the next. :cap_happy:

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,699 battles
5 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

I am currently saving them for the whole month after finishing a try your luck rolls month.

Curious...how did the Roll the Dice, try your luck thing work out for ya?  For me they always suck, not once have I ever gotten anything worth while out of them, just 4 of this or 4 of that.  Which one are you now saving for a month?

Members
472 posts
1,992 battles
10 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

Curious...how did the Roll the Dice, try your luck thing work out for ya?  For me they always suck, not once have I ever gotten anything worth while out of them, just 4 of this or 4 of that.  Which one are you now saving for a month?

Zero out of twenty five :-).

Sign in to follow this