You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

Finally, Clans

31 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
14,346 posts
10,218 battles

official WoWsNA youtube channel just posted this.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Hmm...is this going to be like fleet bases in Star Trek Online?  That's what it looks like. Of course, I have no familiarity with WoT's clan setup.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
10 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

official WoWsNA youtube channel just posted this.

Yes while conveniently omiting that they are robbing everyone by charging the same amount of gold for a clan half the size of a WoT Clan...glad they listened.....yah....right.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
9,267 battles

1/3 the clan size of WOT clans.

This is Strongholds not Clan Wars. It won't be clan wars IMO until they introduce a global map and the ability to declare war on a clan and attack them directly.

But this is a start and hopefully not the end of it.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,439 posts
6,631 battles

In honour of this momenteous occasion I have created a Clan, :Smile_popcorn:

(shamelessly indulgent) POPCORN can be found here : 

I am sure we will see many other new clans in the coming weeks, whatever the flaws of these first steps by WG.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,704 posts
11,317 battles

I am excited to get my hands on the base features, have to decide what upgrades to prioritize. 

All in all though, this is a pretty small add for clan functionality considering how long we have waiting (and the whole lying about clan size thing). I wonder how long it will take to add the clan battles now?

Members
17,671 posts
5,084 battles
31 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

1/3 the clan size of WOT clans.

This is Strongholds not Clan Wars. It won't be clan wars IMO until they introduce a global map and the ability to declare war on a clan and attack them directly.

But this is a start and hopefully not the end of it.

Might be something like Harbour Assaults in Navyfield, except everyone has a harbour.

Can't remember exactly how it went, but basically, you fought a series of matches to get to the harbour, where you fought a final battle in a harbour setting, where the home team had shore batteries and (IIIRC) mines.

The trick for the defender was to be able to attrit the other team's strong ships without losing more of your own. For the attacker, you ideally wanted to commit no more strength or better ships than needed to win the early battles. And once a ship was sunk, it was out for the rest of the assault.

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles

They are just adding the clan features one at a time, making sure they work properly before releasing the next piece rather than try to release everything all at once.  Not a bad idea.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
42 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I am excited to get my hands on the base features, have to decide what upgrades to prioritize. 

All in all though, this is a pretty small add for clan functionality considering how long we have waiting (and the whole lying about clan size thing). I wonder how long it will take to add the clan battles now?

They are currently in supertest. 7v7 T10 battles.

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,970 battles
19 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

They are just adding the clan features one at a time, making sure they work properly before releasing the next piece rather than try to release everything all at once.  Not a bad idea.

16 months to release clans, another 9 months to release naval bases. Sorry, the time being taken is a bad idea. Over 2 years and still no option for one clan to battle another

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,293 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

16 months to release clans, another 9 months to release naval bases. Sorry, the time being taken is a bad idea. Over 2 years and still no option for one clan to battle another

isn't there a Supremacy League or something like that?? where clans battle clans??

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,613 battles
3 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

isn't there a Supremacy League or something like that?? where clans battle clans??

It's player-run. Same with EU's King of the Seas. 

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles
20 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Well could be World of Warplanes where Clans are never going to exist.  You're also forgetting WOWS attempt last year to launch Team Battles which were done with clans in mind.  It didn't work out which is probably why they are making sure that everything in this version is going to work well together before.  Far better to wait than have an unfinished product crash and burn.  

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,970 battles
16 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

It's player-run. Same with EU's King of the Seas. 

Yep, player run content using training room because WG was taking to long to get getting their stuff together. To WGs credit they have funded some of those competitions, but they could have just done it themselves

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,704 posts
11,317 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

WG has some quality clans on that test server. :Smile_smile:

iFD7qWM.jpg

Bahahahahah, at least we know someone has a since of humor lol. +1 on the find. 

[-S-R-]
Alpha Tester
780 posts
7,553 battles

Why can't we have 12 vs 12 clan battles for territory like in WoT - we also could get gold then.

Does not look like we will get gold/doubloons here for anything.

Map had Politics and allowed for allies.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,704 posts
11,317 battles
44 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

They are currently in supertest. 7v7 T10 battles.

In a sneek peak awhile ago I saw the 7v7 battles. Didn't know it was going to be t10 (any source you can share on that) though, or that is was currently being supertested.  

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

In a sneek peak awhile ago I saw the 7v7 battles. Didn't know it was going to be t10 (any source you can share on that) though, or that is was currently being supertested.  

I think it should work like tanks did, bring whatever tier you want just know that t9 or lower may leave you at a major disadvantage,

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
27 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

From the Dev Blog: 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1925680164424988&id=1909055039420834

• Cool 1

Members
470 posts
1,992 battles
32 minutes ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

Why can't we have 12 vs 12 clan battles for territory like in WoT - we also could get gold then.

Does not look like we will get gold/doubloons here for anything.

Map had Politics and allowed for allies.

Given how In Wot many clans got flush enough with gold that they never had to buy it anymore it is safe to assume that gold gains in WoWS will be minimal to prevent that from happening again.

OT: I have mixed feeling about this on one hand its good for the game, but on the other Clan stuff will split the already thin population much like ranked does.

[-S-R-]
Alpha Tester
780 posts
7,553 battles
14 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Given how In Wot many clans got flush enough with gold that they never had to buy it anymore it is safe to assume that gold gains in WoWS will be minimal to prevent that from happening again.

Problem was too much gold was given and clan could hold too much territory.
Gold amount can be decreased a lot and the more provinces the clan holds the longer their killed ships are unusable. That would decrease some of the problems