Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AstreTunes

[SKIN] Aircraft Carrier from Red Alert 3

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
40 posts
27 battles

The second skin mod from Red Alert 3 now arrives !

(link to the first one: 

This time we get a new technology: what ever the camouflage you mount, your ship will keep glowing, so you don't need the problematic camouflages.xml any more.

 

Ok, this is, an Aircraft Carrier, (I mean, I don't now its name...)

The modified ship is the huge Midway.

All aircraft models are also replaced by RA3 planes (including Uprising ones)

...and I'm proud to introduce to you the world's first transparent flight deck, made of the "Beast Machines™ 3" tempered glass which and resist 460mm AP. Apparently, we can now have much flora in the hangar and enjoy fresh oxygen :/

 

Preview:

Spoiler

vXfuWWV.jpg

SaYmctP.jpg

KdyuzJv.jpg

j7zMlPv.jpgr42B5BG.jpg

 

Download: https://github.com/SEA-group/RAG-Aircraft-Carrier/releases

 

Hope you like it _(:з」∠)_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
86 posts
4,152 battles

Nice model... might need some weathered textures to make it look abit more real... unless you're going for that cartoony look! I'm Mainly a DD and CL/CA guy though, do you plan to do any more? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[RSDWG]
Members
441 posts
7,491 battles

Also forgot to tell you it looks great. And How did you do this? 

I was thinking of a Modified Clemson Class DD would be nice. But mainly of a WW2 type of Mod. The USS Truxton DD 229 has A modern stockless anchor in a houser like the Fletcher DD's. Here's a link to it:   http://www.navsource.org/archives/05/229.htm 

The Truxton was the ONLY Clemson Class DD to be modified like this when it was built. On the pictures take note of how clean the bow is, no broken hull lines like the Clemson's with the stock type anchors

My request. Could you maybe modify a Clemson to have the anchor like the Truxton, and maybe make a new shield for the forward gun on the Bow and modernize the superstructure and the stacks to look like something they would've done in WW2? Like instead of 4 stacks have 2 wider and lower ones like the Fletcher. And maybe a lower and modern main mast with radar on it. The Forward gun on the bow I'm talking about is the twin 4" gun option. in the game, only the Twin 4" on the bow has a shield. The rest of them are open.

 

Best regards,

 

rustydawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[RSDWG]
Members
441 posts
7,491 battles
1 hour ago, rustydawg said:

Where and how do you install this?

Never mind I found the Read Me file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
40 posts
27 battles
12 hours ago, JDS_mirai said:

Nice model... might need some weathered textures to make it look abit more real... unless you're going for that cartoony look! 

I understand, but the truth is that I don't know how to draw, for example, the rusts...

12 hours ago, JDS_mirai said:

I'm Mainly a DD and CL/CA guy though, do you plan to do any more? 

More skins yes, but I think the Red Alert skin series stops here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
40 posts
27 battles
11 hours ago, rustydawg said:

I was thinking of a Modified Clemson Class DD would be nice. But mainly of a WW2 type of Mod. The USS Truxton DD 229 has A modern stockless anchor in a houser like the Fletcher DD's. Here's a link to it:   http://www.navsource.org/archives/05/229.htm 

The Truxton was the ONLY Clemson Class DD to be modified like this when it was built. On the pictures take note of how clean the bow is, no broken hull lines like the Clemson's with the stock type anchors

My request. Could you maybe modify a Clemson to have the anchor like the Truxton, and maybe make a new shield for the forward gun on the Bow and modernize the superstructure and the stacks to look like something they would've done in WW2? Like instead of 4 stacks have 2 wider and lower ones like the Fletcher. And maybe a lower and modern main mast with radar on it. The Forward gun on the bow I'm talking about is the twin 4" gun option. in the game, only the Twin 4" on the bow has a shield. The rest of them are open.

Your idea is interesting. Model modifications should not be very difficult, but I don't know how to make WG-level high quality textures. Anyway I'll talk about this with our mod team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[RSDWG]
Members
441 posts
7,491 battles

It's awesome that you can change the whole ship like you did with the Yamato and Midway.

Is there a way you can extract the WG Ship and just modify its templates?

I was looking at some of the modified Clemson's in WW 2, Most of them just had a 1 or 2 stacks and boilers removed and some structure added and the main mast and stacks cut down, and most if not all of the torpedo tubes removed, and the 4" guns replaced with 3" All purpose guns and 40 MM and 20mm guns. I would like to see maybe 5"38 rapid fire all-purpose guns replacing the 4" guns and a couple of 40mm and 20mm added with long-range torpedos (9.2km). But I suppose WG would have to do the armament.

I would be happy with the Clemson B hull being modified with the modern anchor like the Truxton only!

 

I suppose you have to use something like 3dMax to change the templates and compile them.

I was thinking about sending a ticket to WG and request a Modified Clemson like I mentioned above.

 

Best regards and keep up the good work.

 

rustydawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×