Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

special radar upgrade

7 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
821 posts
6,189 battles

to my recollection, in the last fire vs water team event, the special radar upgrade was not made available, even though all the other useless ones were. (spotter aircraft, smoke, dmg control party etc).

can we get an event where we can reliably get some radar upgrades. relying on SC is just too frustrating, i opened 11 SCs this weekend and got nothing.

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

I believe it was available, during the Fire & Ice event - definitely one of the two best modules (along with the speed boost module), imho.

Mounting it on Baltimore gives 45 seconds of radar - and has allowed that ship to completely wreck a match for many a DD and RN CLs.

It should be rare, though - as it allows a significant advantage for those players that are willing to forego the traditional slot choices, and whose play-style see them playing VMF and US cruisers in a cap supporting role.

[USCC2]
Members
3,584 posts

It was available in the Fire/Water event. By recently moving the slot it takes to a different one, it's an easy choice to make and as ddoubletapp1 states, makes ships quite strong against DDs.

That would be the same DDs that pretty much sit on the bottom of the tiers for survival and damage - that's balance for you I guess. :Smile_facepalm: At least its only 8 ships that can mount the module, no problem, adapt and overcome. :Smile_smile: 

WG does say it will change things if balance looks wrong, I guess they will see for themselves soon enough, both the above stats have been that way for a while now.

Members
3,797 posts
14,098 battles
1 hour ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

I just got it in an anniversary container and put it on my Baltimore.  It is amazingly sweet

They're very sweet! I have 2 of them, the first one I mounted on my Des Moines. Got the second one this weekend in an anniversary container but cant use it on Atlanta or Indianapolis and I can use it on Neptune only if I replace Smoke Generator with Radar. :Smile_sad:

I may have to experiment. Replace smoke with Radar and drive Neptune like I do Des Moines. (lobbing over islands as much as possible) It might work, and having Radar AND Hydro would be sweet!

Sign in to follow this