Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beatty_10

Business6 on the Conqueror and the RN BB Line - Don't miss the final 3 minutes

19 comments in this topic

[RIBIT]
Members
261 posts
4,243 battles

Business6 reviews the Conqueror and speaks his mind on the British battleship line and the state of the game. Be sure to listen to the last 3 minutes or so, from about 15:50 on. Biz gives a pretty strong, and important, statement on the pros and cons of the line, the game in general, and how they relate. 

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

It's the whole line. I just had a first game in an Orion that I was given. 70k damage, Confed, Dev Strike, First Blood. All with a zero point commander. If you're not sub 50 IQ these ships are brutally easy.

[SYN]
Members
14,350 posts
10,224 battles

There are, literally, only two balanced RNBBs in the game.

This would be the Warspite and Queen Elizabeth

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,417 battles
5 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Forgot Hood. She's pretty well balanced.

Members
3,293 posts
7,966 battles

I have mixed feelings about it - or I can see more than one side of it.  I'm well along with Lion now and could earn Conqueror in a few more days/as soon as I have some free time.  RN BBs area mix of extreme strengths and weaknesses (even somewhat contradictory) but overall I've not had a bad time playing up the tech tree.  

I so however agree with Business that RN BBs are extremely gimmicky.  I had expected they would be ever since the stats were originally released/leaked many weeks ago.  I don't like gimmicks and through their failure to have better thought out overall plan or script to stick to WG has steered the ship into a corner, digging deeper into a bag of evermore ridiculous gimmicks to keep up the whole national flavors shtick.  Overall, I don't see this a as good course for the game to be on.  The whole RN line is a massive screw up - perhaps FUBAR. 

With that being said, I've given up on much in the way of higher expectations.  For now I continue to play the game and make the best of whatever they put on the plate. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,035 posts
9,184 battles

Wait I am sure I watched a video of him quitting game.

Members
3,293 posts
7,966 battles

I frankly don't gave a damn about whether he rage-quit, simply quit, or took a break. It makes no difference to me.  I have no idea why it would make any difference to anyone else either. 

• Cool 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
On 9/18/2017 at 2:00 PM, MrDeaf said:

Monarch as well.  Has fires per minute in-line with the other T8 BBs.  Pretty much plays like a NorCal without the AA but marginally better in other areas (concealment, maneuverability, etc)

• Cool 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

the short fused AP on the QE is really pretty dang strong in terms of doing lot of damage.  i  may not get much cits, but i get consistent pen damage and the guns are too  dang accurate and its heal is pretty strong as well.       dumbing down for the win.  :D

Members
797 posts
3 hours ago, lemekillmister said:

I frankly don't gave a damn about whether he rage-quit, simply quit, or took a break. It makes no difference to me.  I have no idea why it would make any difference to anyone else either. 

Some are still wondering about the video awhile back if it was him or not. I will leave it there. 

Edited by SteelClaw

[RIBIT]
Members
261 posts
4,243 battles

He quit a while back, yes. And he returned. He's been putting out content for several months now and streams almost nightly on twitch. The dude is really good and has an interesting approach to the game. Listen to what he has to say on the posted vid - I think he makes a helluva lot of sense. 

As for the quitting - I think he was frustrated with the poor team play. Well so what? Don't we all have the right to change our minds? Quitting for a while doesn't invalidate what he's up to now, IMO.

• Cool 1

[RIPQP]
Members
41 posts
7,212 battles

Considering how much rage this guy projected in the chat for the one game I had with him, I'm surprised he can produce any coherent YouTube material.

Members
3,293 posts
7,966 battles
9 hours ago, SteelClaw said:

Some are still wondering about the video awhile back if it was him or not. I will leave it there. 

That would have been one hell of a voice impersonation. 

Members
3,293 posts
7,966 battles
1 hour ago, OnTheHouse said:

I thought B6 dumped WoWs....he's now back ??? Must've lost his other job.

He's been back for a while.  Somehow I already knew that, even with a career and all.  

Sign in to follow this