Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Canadatron

AFK Uptick?

13 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

Anyone else notice an upswing in the number of AFK ships? My last 3 battles have featured 3 BB, 1 CV, and 1 DD AFK. Makes winning an even tougher proposition than normal. I've had a terrible spell, 38% win rate but playing to "very good" PR rating, finishing top most of the time (ex, last 8 games, top 6 times). I'm not surviving, but I'm generally the last to die if that's any consolation!

Take a break? Bad luck? Get a better clan to div with (to be fair, I was running solo which is crazy to begin with).

Being the only guy that seems like he knows what is going on game after game, blowout after blowout is getting daunting! Some of the teams are kaput in under 6 minutes. Anyone else seeing this recently? I've only just encountered this really low level of game play, seemed ok but the last few weeks seems like quality games are harder to come by.

Lets discuss my spudly ways.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I have seen more "pink" AFKs one game I was in there was two "pink" BBs and they just sat there for the whole game, well until they was sunk.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
8 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I have seen more "pink" AFKs one game I was in there was two "pink" BBs and they just sat there for the whole game, well until they was sunk.

My understanding is that they made it easier to obtain pink status.

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

You get 'pink' for AFK?  Since when.  Me?  I'm always pink after I get the misguided idea to level a DD on an a day I'm off.

Spock-Stank-Shirt-.png

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,424 battles

I've had Five disconnects this weekend.

I keep my cable-modem and router on a UPS right above the game computer - so a glance shows me it wasn't my end.

On three, I was able to get back into the game without a problem.   The game was unresponsive, so I quickly canned it and restarted.  Of those three, I was already sunk on one.

The other two took so long to reconnect, the match was over with no battle report.

Also had a few freeze-up disconnects while I was in port -- twice when I tried to bring up inventory.  Another right after I bought the Des Moines..  The timing was rather strange.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
419 posts
1,839 battles

Event often makes for more afk players, especially if the condition is win-battle-in-ship. They'll not get any xp and credits, but they'll get the win if it goes through thus meet the conditions of said task. Also it seems some players play on pocket calculators with 14.4 modems over dial-up, they may seem afk but they usually enter the game 5-8 minutes in.

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

Still this is the first I have ever heard that you can get 'pink' status for AFK!  Anyone have a screenshot of a 'detailed report' post battle screen?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Okay there been a misunderstanding, they was pink when I/they came into the battle, they just was AFK during the battle. I did not mean to make anyone think they had gone pink for being AFK.

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
41 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

My understanding is that they made it easier to obtain pink status.

Just going off what you said, sorry for mix up.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,453 battles

I see it mostly in CV games. Understandable, given how unfunded CV games can be even if you are on the winning team.

[PVE]
Members
161 posts
4,997 battles

I've had a number of freezes these last few weeks when I only had a few in the year before. Perhaps I'm not the only one experiencing this. 

Members
3,638 posts
13,487 battles

I don't understand why people endlessly gripe about AFKers. They've always been here and always will be. There's nothing that can be fairly done about them because no one knows WHY they're AFK. It could well be issues that the player has no control over.

Sign in to follow this