You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

I've noticed a few things with Conqueror

56 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,421 battles

So I was skeptical if the ship was actually op or not. I think it's incredibly overpowered in BB on BB combat, but it struggles against t10 cruisers, they are the ones that typically hurt you the most. Other things i've noticed is yamato's hurt a lot, and never, let me repeat this again, NEVER eat torps on the main armor belt. The heal becomes mute once they hit you there. Another thing i've noticed is that if the conq is on low HP, do everything in your power to light it on fire, there is a gap inbetween it's heal ticks where if it's low enough, the heal won't save you from fire damage. Honestly the best way to deal with enemy conqs is spam the sh*t out of it with HE and if you focus fire it, its 32mm of armor make HE damage absolutely brutal, even if you can heal it back you'll still burn down quickly. Also don't be afraid to fire ap in your conq.

knNmdME.png

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,421 battles
2 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

I have 1.2M free XP. Should I get a Conquerer?

Hurry and farm damage b4 they nerf it

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,945 battles

I agree as strong as it is if you are in a tier X cruiser such as Des Moines with it's insane rate of fire if you can stay on it and just keep dumping HE at it while it is engaged you can stack fire upon fire. 

I have found myself on the back side of one while its guns were faced the opposite direction and even though it healed i kept pouring it on getting closer and closer as i fired.

Like Business6 said it a recent video take out a Conquerors legs ( any supporting cast) and it will fall victim to most any focused fire, or in my case unchallenged high rate of fire.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,421 battles
5 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I agree as strong as it is if you are in a tier X cruiser such as Des Moines with it's insane rate of fire if you can stay on it and just keep dumping HE at it while it is engaged you can stack fire upon fire. 

I have found myself on the back side of one while its guns were faced the opposite direction and even though it healed i kept pouring it on getting closer and closer as i fired.

Like Business6 said it a recent video take out a Conquerors legs ( any supporting cast) and it will fall victim to most any focused fire, or in my case unchallenged high rate of fire.

The ship can comfortably engage multiple bbs on its own but once you get ganged up on by a bb and a cruiser there is nothing you can do if they focus you.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,945 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

The ship can comfortably engage multiple bbs on its own but once you get ganged up on by a bb and a cruiser there is nothing you can do if they focus you.

I have not played one yet but i thought it had great Concealment?  So why do so many play it so far back?  Would it not be better to play it just on the edge of that concealment near the rest of the team? 

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,421 battles
2 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I have not played one yet but i thought it had great Concealment?  So why do so many play it so far back?  Would it not be better to play it just on the edge of that concealment near the rest of the team? 

Bc if you get close you're a huge target and your hp evaporates.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,020 posts
18,497 battles
21 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Bc if you get close you're a huge target and your hp evaporates.

What he said the lowest HP of tier 10 can be problematic if focused.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,421 battles
4 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

What he said the lowest HP of tier 10 can be problematic if focused.

You are a large ship.

[-K-]
Members
5,111 posts
8,984 battles
37 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Kind of like a Khab.  Focus less on trying to kill it at range, but rather take out its support and it will suffer.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

So, basically, in a ton of threads, Chicken Little was running around 'Conqueror is OP! Conqueror is OP!'...but not talking about the flaws that balance the strengths.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,696 battles

I don't own a conquered yet but have faced a number of them in both BBs and cruisers and they don't strike me as fear inducing as some people make them out to be. I'm just like, "Is there a fire on it? No? Shoot at it, yes? Shoot at something else unless it's broadside to my AP." 

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,945 battles
2 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I don't own a conquered yet but have faced a number of them in both BBs and cruisers and they don't strike me as fear inducing as some people make them out to be. I'm just like, "Is there a fire on it? No? Shoot at it, yes? Shoot at something else unless it's broadside to my AP." 

That is the mindset i like to have when presented with one on the enemy team. 

When they put ships out like this we always first want them to bring it down a notch.

But the reality of it is we should be coming together to find ways to overcome and so far i think it has made players actually work together better in most instances

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[SYN]
Members
14,386 posts
10,260 battles
12 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

So, basically, in a ton of threads, Chicken Little was running around 'Conqueror is OP! Conqueror is OP!'...but not talking about the flaws that balance the strengths.

Hint: No ship in the game can withstand sustained focus fire

Not even the mighty Yamato, GK, Khab or Moskva

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,918 posts
5,521 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

So I was skeptical if the ship was actually op or not. I think it's incredibly overpowered in BB on BB combat, but it struggles against t10 cruisers, they are the ones that typically hurt you the most. Other things i've noticed is yamato's hurt a lot, and never, let me repeat this again, NEVER eat torps on the main armor belt. The heal becomes mute once they hit you there. Another thing i've noticed is that if the conq is on low HP, do everything in your power to light it on fire, there is a gap inbetween it's heal ticks where if it's low enough, the heal won't save you from fire damage. Honestly the best way to deal with enemy conqs is spam the sh*t out of it with HE and if you focus fire it, its 32mm of armor make HE damage absolutely brutal, even if you can heal it back you'll still burn down quickly. Also don't be afraid to fire ap in your conq.

knNmdME.png

Wow, this echoes my thoughts on the Conquerer perfectly.  It is with out a doubt overpowered against other BBs, but it's defiantly very week to cruisers, CVs and potentially DDs.  The Henri is perhaps the ship I fear the most when playing the Conquerer, after CVs of course.  It can also sorta struggle against a Yamato in the right situation purely do to getting lol penned.  Eating 20k AP volleys despite being angled can really hurt.   

The misleading thing about the Conquerer, and the Lion too, is its great stealth and handling makes me want to play it as a brawling BB, but that just makes it very susceptible to getting focused fired by HE, eating torps or getting singled out by a CV.  

Edited by yashma

[CUTE]
Members
5,171 posts
3,436 battles

Pfft. If it's anything like Orion is it's pretty easy to spam fire, change target, spam more, hit heal, spam fire. Either I'm awesome or the ship is. 0 point commander, 70k damage, Confed, 2 kills, HE citadels, Dev Strike, First Blood. I had a terrible team too, so I can only imagine this with some support. Unreal. I'll be a part of the problem until they nerf them I guess!

[NUWES]
Members
1,644 posts
5,494 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

knNmdME.png

The other part I like is getting hit with HE from a Conqueror in a cruiser is a lot nicer than getting hit with AP from any other T10 BB. I ended up bow tanking against one yesterday in a Des Moines at close range (8km I think) when he popped up out of nowhere and I actually survived the experience long enough for my allies to help me sink him.  I was shocked because I have been hit sharply angled on the belt in Des Moines by T10 BB AP at close ranges before and it was instant death each time. Then I realized he hit me with HE.  Make no mistake, the HE took a good chunk of health but it didn't kill me outright in one salvo and it gave me time to fix the damage and help kill him. 

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles

The ship would be fine without the 12 gun 419 configuration. The 457s make the ship play like it should play... High alpha AP, great HE and fire chance, great pen, but not a hornet's nest of HE derp flying your way every 25-30 seconds.

I played a few games in mine with the 419s and any knuckle-dragger can do well while just holding left click in the general vicinity of the enemy. It felt dumb and I didn't like it, so I switched back to the 457 Colonization Cannons and play the ship as The Queen intended. 

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,421 battles
15 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Ive got a question: does it make your beloved NC sad? 

My nc hasn't set sail since winning Niko's Alabama contest 

[SYN]
Members
14,386 posts
10,260 battles
34 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

The other part I like is getting hit with HE from a Conqueror in a cruiser is a lot nicer than getting hit with AP from any other T10 BB. I ended up bow tanking against one yesterday in a Des Moines at close range (8km I think) when he popped up out of nowhere and I actually survived the experience long enough for my allies to help me sink him.  I was shocked because I have been hit sharply angled on the belt in Des Moines by T10 BB AP at close ranges before and it was instant death each time. Then I realized he hit me with HE.  Make no mistake, the HE took a good chunk of health but it didn't kill me outright in one salvo and it gave me time to fix the damage and help kill him. 

that's a nub Conqueror then.

Everyone, with even the slightest of understanding of the game, knows that DM cannot bow tank, nor angle tank >406mm shells, because DM only has 27mm plating armor all over.

Add in RNBB shells having a shorter fuse and a properly aimed salvo should flat out delete a DM at any angle.

Members
499 posts
7,162 battles
1 hour ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

The ship would be fine without the 12 gun 419 configuration. The 457s make the ship play like it should play... High alpha AP, great HE and fire chance, great pen, but not a hornet's nest of HE derp flying your way every 25-30 seconds.

I played a few games in mine with the 419s and any knuckle-dragger can do well while just holding left click in the general vicinity of the enemy. It felt dumb and I didn't like it, so I switched back to the 457 Colonization Cannons and play the ship as The Queen intended. 

The ships also look fantastic rocking the 457s.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,421 battles

I tend to do better with the 419s but the 457s are more enjoyable to play with

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,280 battles
1 hour ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

You can play with 457mm now.

Don't try and force the rest of us to use a crap gun setup.