You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iStinky

BOT on TK Rampage!!!

13 comments in this topic

[NOOBS]
Members
12 posts
156 battles

I am new to WoW but I am used to World of Tanks and some silly programming, but BOTS that TEAM KILL?!?!?  wth.  Also I picked a random and get all bots...

Need some honest opinions here before I "sink" too much time into this game, is it worth it?  Like once you get the hang of it does it become frustrating like World of Tanks?  

SCREENSHOT.JPG

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

Bot's are dumb, and can't predict things well, so they occasionally TK. As for the bots in randoms, for your first few battles they protect you with a modified matchmaker. It won't last.

Just find something you enjoy playing and get good at it. Plenty of tutorials, etc, out there.

Edited by pewpewpew42

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,458 battles

Don't try random at low tiers, as the new population is playing mostly Co-Op.

And they're bots, the only ones that will TK are their own.

Beta Testers
1,465 posts
8,739 battles
25 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Bot's are dumb, and can't predict things well, so they occasionally TK. As for the bots in randoms, for your first few battles they protect you with a modified matchmaker. It won't last.

Just find something you enjoy playing and get good at it. Plenty of tutorials, etc, out there.

Bots are not dumb so much as their targeting algorithms simply don't do a good job of taking into account friendly positions, you know, kind of like many human players in Randoms. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
270 posts
85 battles

Back in the day (hark at him it was only 2 years ago) the bots were notorious for getting stuck on map edges, running into islands and general WN500 type behaviour. They are much improved now but tend to be a bit target fixated and will happily drop torps from behind friendlies (no emotions no remorse). This does however mirror real players who have just discovered the 3 button. Not to mention the more experienced players who really should know better. In this case they probably ended up in a furball providing a nice blob for the Umi to aim through.

Also in a bid to reduce wait times for new players if there aren't enough people the MM will round out the game with bots. Although I thought there should be at least one real bod on each team... oh WG you tho thilly.

Can't really knock it you are effectively fighting a PVE battle with PVP rewards....

shot-17.06.04_09.47.21-0414

The human opposition player ran away.

Beta Testers
1,465 posts
8,739 battles

The issue with bots team killing is a combination of factors.  First, enemy bots and friendly bots both tend to use the same map tactics.  This generally means that, when there are bots on both teams, they go to the same places and meet in the middle.  They also use the same targeting algorithms and make the same decisions, so, often, they either eliminate each other or the one that was a hair slower on the trigger loses.  Add to that the fact that their targeting and firing algorithms don't do a good job of taking into account friendly positions and the fact that there can be multiple friendly bots following the same tactics, ending up in the same area together, they can end up TKing each other as well.

As to bots on Random battles, there is a Match Making criteria to put together matches within specific minimum times.  If it cannot build reasonably balanced teams within that time frame due to the queue having insufficient people in the specified tier range, it will alter the team make ups.  It will reduce the team size from the normal 12 players for Random and/or fill in spots with Bots.  This most often only happens at the bottom tiers and/or during off-peak hours.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,599 posts
14,017 battles

I'd like to see what a Bot Kitakami would do.

Even better, if a Division of Kitakami ships queue up on co-op so their Bot mirrors of 3 KitKats are there also...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,505 posts
7,374 battles
45 minutes ago, iStinky said:

I am new to WoW but I am used to World of Tanks and some silly programming, but BOTS that TEAM KILL?!?!?  wth.  Also I picked a random and get all bots...

Need some honest opinions here before I "sink" too much time into this game, is it worth it?  Like once you get the hang of it does it become frustrating like World of Tanks?  

SCREENSHOT.JPG

Your pinky wasn't a bot, you were in a very low population battle where MM filled in both sides with bots to finish the roster. (FYI, the bot names have colons at the beginning and end.)

[YORHA]
Members
3,247 posts
49 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

Don't try random at low tiers, as the new population is playing mostly Co-Op.

And they're bots, the only ones that will TK are their own.

Ummmm.. not to be that guy but how else can you team kill?

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,458 battles
18 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Ummmm.. not to be that guy but how else can you team kill?

Unless you're that one guy that kills teammates for pleasure...

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,029 posts
5,231 battles

This game ebs and flows, Early this year WG was making great additions and changes, then some time around May they changed course and now seem hell bent on trying to make the game suck again. Either way if you have played WoT for  any real length of time then you know how WG is as a company and you just have to enjoy what you can in their games. 

Honest advice, get out of co-op once you get the hang of turning and shooting, nothing good comes from hunting bots, slow exp, slow money, it teaches you terrible habbits and yes your bot team mates will not hesitate to stop in any smoke you make, and launch torps directly into your un moving ship. It has happened to me more than once. First thing you should do is go here and watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAWN32AnZY  - Learn to aim, you will suck at this game if you can't hit your target reliably under pressure. 

Then just take your beating in low tier random battles. It will take about 400 or so games to get the feel of things. Play a few different ship lines to T4 then start moving into T5+ where you can really enjoy getting man handled by MM throwing you to the wolves. If you find that you generally suck at the game I would pick up the UK BB line as its for total nob heads and a great line currently, IJN DDs can also be played with mostly no game knowledge and can be made to work. 

I'd avoid the UK cruisers and German DDs until you have enough game knowledge to understand why Id suggest avoiding them. 

Members
1,240 posts
20,608 battles

I rarely play coop now, but I think that if you play a DD, regardless of tier, the enemy bots fixate on you and are oblivious to all else 'til you are dead.